G2 not registering the second touch when playing games

Search This thread

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Hey guys. I'm asking to find out if anybody else has experienced this and if there's a fix for it.
The first time I noticed this problem was when I changed the settings in the game 'traffic racer' to manual speeding and touch steering. It would play well for some time, but then it would stop registering the second touch sometimes, so you would have to touch it twice or thrice for it to register. I thought the game was badly coded, but today I downloaded Real Car Drift Racing and with manual throttle and touch steering and the same problem occurred. The phone won't register the second touch.
I tried updating touch firmware in hidden menu, tried to see if the phone registered all my touches in the hardware test and it did (but I won't do it again since I don't know how to get out of it without rebooting).

I'm stock unrooted D802 running the 20D firmware. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
Lg G2 have some issues if the screen protector is bad quality.
Try to remove it if you have one and then check again.
If you dont have a screen protector try one more time to update touch fw through hidden menu.

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
just a random thought.. but does turning off the knock code help?

bit late edit.. I meant knock on, but I guess it hasn't anything to do with it

Last edited:

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
I'm using a 35 dollar tempered glass screen protector - it could be that my fingers get sweaty and that's what causes it.

I don't use knock code =) it's too inaccurate for me and the fact that the LED doesn't light up when the phone is unlocked bothers me =) thanks for your responses.

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
The problem seems to be heat. The g2 has problems detecting a touch when the area is hot. This could be due to the glass screen protector, but it's definitely annoying.

Yes indeed g2 have some issues in general with screen protectors.
I have tried almost everything and stop to an x-one tempered glass but i can see is not the same as without anything.
Best feeling is without but scratches waiting just around the corner...

) ) ) G2 On Air ( ( (