Best Brand for screen protectors?

Search This thread

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
Anyone here that has owned a capacitive touch screen, please feel free to chime in with which screen protector you liked the most!

Im looking to buy a protector that doesn't impede the touch experience & image quality of this amazing screen.

Also a warning against bad brands would be appreciated. I Believe Zagg/Invisi shield has already been established as a bad buy.

caelestis2

Nov 15, 2008
As another discouraged zagg user, I recommend buying cheap packs off of ebay. They usually are smooth and clear, but they get damaged every 1 or 2 months for me, but that's no problem as they were cheap and I just put a new one on. All the expensive ones seem to have a problem with clarity or feel, but if anyone else has a suggestion I would like to know too.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
I'm going to wait for gadgetshieldz to come out with one. They may be coming from India, but their customer service is actually good when I needed another front screen skin for my Tilt 2 because the cut was slightly off. They mailed me an entire full body set within no time. Plus they're reeeeally cheap (Tilt 2 full body set was 6.99 - some discount percentage that was floating around) and lasted me almost the entire lifespan of my phone (Switched from Zagg).

abezapata

Jul 3, 2010
Davis, CA
I use BodyGuardz for all of my phones (started with iPhone 3g -> Blackberry 8900 -> Blackberry 9700) and have not had a problem with them. Did not affect the touch capabilities of my iPhone 3G and kept the screen nice and new underneath.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Ok, but how does it feel? Is it smooth to swype as the glass screen beneath it? Clarity?

I haven't used it on a capacitive screen, so I wouldn't know how it actualyl performs. But it's a lot smoother than the Zagg shields I've had before on the phone and iPods and such. The screen protector on my Tilt2 looked great, didn't skew the image at all. I eventually had to take it off though because resistive touch screen + skin = bleh. Pending user installation, you can hardly tell it's there.

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
nice, ill deff look into bodyguard n gadget shield. next question is, should i put the film all over my phone or just get a case n only use a shield on the screen.

guess what im sayin is: Is the film covering the screen and body enough? id really rather not add the bulk of a full blown case to my device.

p.s. heres another site with protectors that someone vouched for here
http://www.bestskinsever.com/

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
I started with Zagg, but have moved to BodyGuardz for my last 3 devices. They are the same quality, but for the same price as 1 Zagg sheild, you get two (2) BodyGaurdz protectors.

Currently using BodyGaurdz on the following products with no problems to report:

HTC Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
HCT Pure (Wife's Phone)
Zune HD
soon on the Samsung Captivate

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010
The real question is when will SwitchEasy-like devices come out that snap around the phone, like what the iPhone has???

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
is switch easy the ones that are relatively thick? Also, no one offered any insight yet on my question, do you think a case is necessary or will just a film covering over the phone be enough? I really like how sleek this phone looks and dont really want to add to its dimensions.

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010
All I know is I had accidentally thrown my iPhone into some pavement and without the switch easy case, it would've been SOL.

Just look at their website. The cases fit like a glove and are very seamlined (They are not big and bulky like otterbox)

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
wow those cases look amazing. i would purchase something like this in a heartbeat for the captivate. its not thick, it holds the phone together great, and it looks comfy on the hands. Ima shoot them a letter requesting a skin for the att captivate. maybe if more people do they will consider it. So far it looks like they are only doing iProducts cases tho.

Here's a link:

http://www.switcheasy.com/

if anyone knows of a company that does cases similar to this and support a wider range of products, plz post it here.

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010
Yea, they're awesome cases. They protect it great but don't add a ton of bulk.

They're i-Product only though, as you found out. That's why I was asking if anyone knew of something similar here.

rob989_69

Jul 16, 2010
Rochester, NY
boxwave.com[/url]

I've had their antiglare protectors on all my phones, great for capacitive touch. I'll probably NOT go antiglare on the Captivate because you do loose some picture quality with the antiglare. $13ish for a single one, $25 or so for a 3 pack. That site also has a lot of other nice cheap accessories, like cables/chargers etc. I have on of their cases on my ipod though and don't care for it. Just don't like neoprene style cases.

Last edited:

systoxity

Nov 22, 2008
wait what? You probably will go with antiglare because you lose some picture quality? This seems counter productive.

i know thats probably not what you meant to say. I'm hoping what you meant to say is that you wouldnt go anti glare? idk

moosefist

Sep 13, 2008
Just get the casemate protectors from at&t they are $10 and you get 3 to a pack. The are clear and perfectly cut, you also cannot beat the convenience.

sl8125

Mar 30, 2006
How do you rate the following full cover skin.

-Zags
-Best skin ever
-Gadget shield

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App