accessing phone memory through USB

Search This thread

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
I plug in my usb to the computer and all it does is charge, I wanna access the internal memory through my PC. how can I do this?
also is there a way to save all to the SD card?

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Are you enabling usb storage? When you plug it in pull the notification bar down and click on it then hit the button? Dont need drivers to access mass storage

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

Imapuckhead

Oct 17, 2011
Bradenton, FL

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Are you enabling usb storage? When you plug it in pull the notification bar down and click on it then hit the button? Dont need drivers to access mass storage

it doesnt give me the option to enable it... it just charges lol

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
You have 2 options

You can download the drivers referenced here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1307478

I had to enable USB Debugging to get it to work correctly with Windows 7.

But after that you can access both the SD card and the internal memory on the phone through Windows Explorer

Or you can use the Kies software and do it wirelessly. Details here:
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/m...softwaremanual.do?page=MOBILE.SOFTWARE.MANUAL

just downloaded and am installing it now. will post back results in a bit

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Reboot phone and pc. Mine does that sometimes. I bought a mt4g new and it did that too me. Returned it and got a new one and it did the same. Reboot my pc and it worked. I felt like a tool.
it doesnt give me the option to enable it... it just charges lol

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Reboot phone and pc. Mine does that sometimes. I bought a mt4g new and it did that too me. Returned it and got a new one and it did the same. Reboot my pc and it worked. I felt like a tool.

rebooted it, and now its fine... i feel like an ass.... :|

polpeter

Nov 19, 2011
I have no problems using a 32 bit PC - but with 64 bit Window's professional, it is as if the phone were only connected to power. Companion link synch program overcomes this problem -- apparently it installs its own drivers and after doing a usb synch to outlook, I am able to use windows to transfer files between the galaxy S 2 (t989) and windows. However I have not found any drivers that permit the Samsung to connect to the Windows 7 using usb cable w/o using companion link first.

sablemonster

Nov 24, 2009
I had the same problem and samsung tech support had me pull the battery for 30 seconds. That did the trick, but it has happened once since.