ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

photopaul65

Jan 16, 2011
Russia?

OK, so I didn't bother downgrading from the 1.012 leak since I haven't seen where anyone who went to all that trouble has actually gotten the OTA. I went to download the official "leak", and it's some Russian page that asking me to install some software called "Yandex" before I can download it. WTF? :confused: Sorry, but I don't think I trust some random Russian toolbar install just to get this file. Did any of you have to do that? Is there any other link to 1.014 file?

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
OK, so I didn't bother downgrading from the 1.012 leak since I haven't seen where anyone who went to all that trouble has actually gotten the OTA. I went to download the official "leak", and it's some Russian page that asking me to install some software called "Yandex" before I can download it. WTF? :confused: Sorry, but I don't think I trust some random Russian toolbar install just to get this file. Did any of you have to do that? Is there any other link to 1.014 file?

I said no to install that and eventually the download started.

photopaul65

Jan 16, 2011
Not working here, just sitting there
Gonna clear my cache/cookies and try the Ruskie site again...

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

This sucks! Can't get the russian link to download, even after allowing the freaking toolbar extension! Can someone please post an alternative link?

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Pretty please?

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Updated the bug list for the latest ICS ROM. If anyone can confirm that the other two bugs that are listed are fixed then I will remove them. Anyone else have any bugs to share with us? I hope you don't though :D

Reactions: andromaster

GMC7000

Sep 9, 2010
Btw, ICS screen capture is up + power in portrait mode, as opposed to down, if it hasn't been mentioned already. Small thing but it was driving me nuts that it wasn't working before with the traditional down + power.

Reactions: andromaster

sbaker

Feb 1, 2011
Buils number for the official ICS release in Canada

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know which Official release number is available in Canada for Acer
A100 tablet.
There is still no ICS update for my tablet A100 as I was expected ....
I'd like to know if we can update the firmware manually ?
and where It's possible to download the latest ICS firmware Upgrade.

Thanks,
Steve

Metallica 4 Life

Mar 16, 2012
Updated the bug list for the latest ICS ROM. If anyone can confirm that the other two bugs that are listed are fixed then I will remove them. Anyone else have any bugs to share with us? I hope you don't though :D

I think I have a bug but I don't know if its for everyone or just me, some games like where's my water seem to fc on startup ONLY if you don't have internet, yet work normally if you're connected.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

isketerol

Feb 27, 2012
Acer Planner App still under ICS

I still have the Acer Planner App under ICS, even after all of the leaks have been installed. It runs fine.

NewWizz

Apr 28, 2012
Canada

Hi everyone,

A100 tablet.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve.. its expected to start on 05/03.

Here is a link to Acer's official page...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14634/kw/A100 ICS

Good luck!

ferensica

Mar 3, 2012
What is the difference between these ICS stock ROMs??

Hi everyone,

A100 tablet.

Thanks,
Steve

Please can someone tell me what the difference is between the stock ICS ROM from Zeronull Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1 (which I currently have) and vache's 2 ROMs Acer_A100_1.014.08_COM_GEN1 and Acer_A100_1.014.08_2.007.01_COM_GEN1 apart from the numbering?

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
Please can someone tell me what the difference is between the stock ICS ROM from Zeronull Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1 (which I currently have) and vache's 2 ROMs Acer_A100_1.014.08_COM_GEN1 and Acer_A100_1.014.08_2.007.01_COM_GEN1 apart from the numbering?

Those two are older HC roms. The one your using is the official ICS rom.

Reactions: ferensica

bluevmax92

Oct 8, 2009
cincinnati
acer tech support conversation

i managed to get back to 3.2 and then updated to 3.2.1. and then stuck on a version that ended on the pa_ca version. acer support made a comment to me on the phone that said my version should have a gen com_1 at the end. they are unsure how i have ended up on that... im in the US of A. they told me that rollouts are coming and i should be receiving something by 24th of may... because rollouts are supposed to stop on the 24th... HUH STOPPING..? this acer tech rep disclosed a little too much info that irritated me.first, pa_ca... is this a hacked, unauthorized version that i shouldnt have received? also, stopping the rollouts on the 24th ? WHY????

Mattehoh

May 21, 2012
I sent my A100 into support for repaid on Tuesday due to it not booting past the ACER opening logo. I received it back today with a new motherboard and factory update to ICS. For those interested, here are the Image and Build Numbers:

Acer_AV041_A100_RV02RC01_PA_CUS1

Build
Acer_AV01_A1_1.015.00_PA_CUS1

-Matt

sark666

Dec 2, 2010
I recently purchased an acer 510 and I don't like how it works over hdmi. Basically the bottom menu is cutoff and playing movies do not show the video player's ui over hdmi. Basically what I want is what is shown on the tablet to be shown on the display over hdmi.

I saw this clip of someone demonstrating hdmi with the acer 100 (in italian though and it's honeycomb) and that's exactly what I want. Does the a100 still behave this way after updating to ics? If it does, I find it strange that acer would make their newer device behave so differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl5qtiwALgI

I sent my A100 into support for repaid on Tuesday due to it not booting past the ACER opening logo. I received it back today with a new motherboard and factory update to ICS. For those interested, here are the Image and Build Numbers:

Acer_AV041_A100_RV02RC01_PA_CUS1

Build
Acer_AV01_A1_1.015.00_PA_CUS1

-Matt

I'm in Canada and just got my a100 back from the ACER Canadian repair centre where they also replaced my motherboard and I have the same firmware level. I don't recall my original having the PA_CUS1 firmware, does anyone know what the PA_CUS1 firmware is? Also has anyone had an OTA update on this 1.015.00_PA_CUS1 update?

valentinmtl

Jun 8, 2012
Montreal, Canada
I did not get the ICS update ether.

Acer Level 2 chat support told me that the update is on hold for Canada and they have no ETA. They told me the same thing 2 weeks ago (may 28th).
Level 1 support had no idea that it was on hold.

Or are they just saying that to avoid dealing with the issue?

To make things more confusing for me, I am running 3.2.1 with a build number I never saw anywhere else in the forums: ACER_A100_2.013.04_EMEA_GB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk