[Q] Force 4G or 3G Toggle/Switch - Test Mode / Battery usage

Search This thread

pish180

Sep 19, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to manually force CDMA or LTE on the Verizon version of the S5?

I am frequently in low coverage areas where the phone is constantly searching for signal and reconnecting from lost communication. This is draining the battery very quickly when compared to being in a strong 4G LTE signal area. With marginal coverage the battery will drop 50-70% in 9 hours. With good coverage it will drop 20-30% in 9 hours. Obviously depending on usage. Today I thought I would turn off the wireless network and see how it performs and I'm only down 10% after 6 hours (marginal coverage area but obviously that doesn't matter). So clearly the radios are causing a lot of the communication.

My previous phone was a Droid Razr Maxx HD where I could enter test mode by pressing *#*#4636#*#* and I could manually configure CDMA or LTE or both. This would turn off the unused radios and allow me to save battery by eliminating the constant searching and connecting.

If nobody knows... Does anyone know of a way to get this request to the developers as a request in future software versions?

Thanks,
Pish

DevVorteX

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando
I think is just in settings, more networks, mobile networks, network mode..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk