[Q] Booting issues

Search This thread

TPizzle

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hi all, I'm having some serious booting issues on my touchpad running CM7. I always seem to get this error when I start it up:

Selected: 'boot CyanogenMod'

Loading '/boot/uImage.CyanogenMod'...OK
Checking uImage...Invalid Data CRC

BOOT FAILED!

Press SELECT to continue
, or on anything else I want to boot.

Then I have to do a power + home button restart a whole bunch of times before it successfully boots into webOS/CM7. This is a procedure I have to go through every time I turn on this device, so you can imagine it takes me anywhere from 5-10 minutes to finally get into the home screen.

I do however can see this coming, on that initial moboot screen, there is a dashed green line that randomly appears at times; this is an indication that the boot will fail. Also sometimes it goes through to booting android, but then boot loops back to moboot then displays that message again that I mentioned above.

To fix this I've been trying to avoid a full re-installation of CM7 but I've wiped the cache many times and did a full wipe back when this problem started.

Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks.

sean is here.

Mar 11, 2010
Southampton, UK
Hi all, I'm having some serious booting issues on my touchpad running CM7. I always seem to get this error when I start it up:

BOOT FAILED!

Press SELECT to continue

Then I have to do a power + home button restart a whole bunch of times before it successfully boots into webOS/CM7. This is a procedure I have to go through every time I turn on this device, so you can imagine it takes me anywhere from 5-10 minutes to finally get into the home screen.

I do however can see this coming, on that initial moboot screen, there is a dashed green line that randomly appears at times; this is an indication that the boot will fail. Also sometimes it goes through to booting android, but then boot loops back to moboot then displays that message again that I mentioned above.

To fix this I've been trying to avoid a full re-installation of CM7 but I've wiped the cache many times and did a full wipe back when this problem started.

When you wiped the cache, did you get the dalvik, too?

TPizzle

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes I wiped the dalvik as well, but all that does is make the initial boot longer (when I manage to get it to successfully boot that is).

mountaindewmi

May 17, 2010
Miami, FL
Did you try to reinstall/re flash CM7? You don't lose anything by doing that, and you could do it right from Clockwork recovery. Maybe something got messed up in the installation and reinstalling it would fix it.

TPizzle

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Will give it a shot and let you guys know. Thanks for the input. Also one more question, do you guys go through the same thing at all? Or are all your initial boots successful straight to the home screen like any other Android device. Thanks again.

jcsullins

Jul 20, 2010

BOOT FAILED!

Press SELECT to continue

Sounds like you either have corruption on /boot filesystem or faulty
hardware.

I would try running webOS doctor and then re-installing moboot/CM/etc.
with ACMEInstaller. This should not require a reinstall of apps, etc.

If you still have the same after that, then you probably have some bad
hardware.

Reactions: TPizzle

TPizzle

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ok so I did the suggestion of jcsullins. Did webOS doctor with latest version (3.0.5) and re-installed moboot. A funny thing happened though, after the installation of moboot, the cyanogen and clockwork settings did not show up on the moboot menu, only the webos, recovery for it, shutdown and reboot. This was fixed with another re-installation of moboot. Long story short, everything seems to be fixed, my data and settings are in tact, and I just turned it off and on (not reboot) 6 times now with each initial boot being successful. Just posting this to thank you guys and for anyone else in the future that may have this problem. Thanks again!

justininhifi

Oct 8, 2011
same problem with moboot disappearing after the update. ive reinstalled moboot three times and still cant get the menu to display the cyanogen or clockwork options.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

edit: ended up adding moboot, the original CWM, and the latest XRON build and running ACME Installer and all is well. Just cant install preware to the touchpad since i used webdoctor to install the latest update.

Last edited:

cdmcfud

May 13, 2011
same problem with moboot disappearing after the update. ive reinstalled moboot three times and still cant get the menu to display the cyanogen or clockwork options.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

edit: ended up adding moboot, the original CWM, and the latest XRON build and running ACME Installer and all is well. Just cant install preware to the touchpad since i used webdoctor to install the latest update.

Just reroot webOS and re-install preware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BOOT FAILED!

Press SELECT to continue

Sounds like you either have corruption on /boot filesystem or faulty
    hardware.

I would try running webOS doctor and then re-installing moboot/CM/etc.
    with ACMEInstaller. This should not require a reinstall of apps, etc.

If you still have the same after that, then you probably have some bad
    hardware.