What's the best picture editing tool?

Search This thread

diSke

Jun 21, 2010
Diepenbeek
Hey guys

I was wondering what the best and most complete picture editing app is.
I've used many different apps like snapseed, Pixlr Express, PicSay, PicsArt, etc...

I'd like the app to have a complete set of features and full resolution editing.
Features like remove red-eye, cropping, rotating, effects, overlays, lighting effects, blur, contrast & brightness controls...

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks in advance

diSke

Jun 21, 2010
Diepenbeek
I guess I'll use Pixlr Express since that has the best collection of features I like in an app :)
Thanks though!

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
If you actually want to do serious editing and not useless stuff purely for social media then do it properly with Photoshop on a PC, lol. :eek:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
ive been using picsay pro now for almost 6 years. when they just started up, it wasnt an editor app, it just wrote stuff on your photos. then a year later they merged with another company and became what it is today. its one of my favorite apps as well, gets a huge amount of use :)

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

With those requests, I'd say your best bet is to just use a PC. Photoshop or GIMP maybe.

Can't say I've ever seen an app for a phone that sophisticated. :/

If you actually want to do serious editing and not useless stuff purely for social media then do it properly with Photoshop on a PC, lol. :eek:

when youre using your mobile constantly, transfering your photos to your desktop to edit them is a huge hastle. some, like me, dont even own a computer. and many of these photo editing apps are as good, or better than photoshop for the desktop.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
when youre using your mobile constantly, transfering your photos to your desktop to edit them is a huge hastle. some, like me, dont even own a computer. and many of these photo editing apps are as good, or better than photoshop for the desktop.

You can't really say "better", it's just more convenient/preset-automated for basic things I guess :p personally I don't really like any mobile image editors and if need to touch something up then I'll do it manually in Photoshop because I have more control :p

For social media most mobile apps are fine and convenient, but I'm not into that. :angel:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
You can't really say "better", it's just more convenient/preset-automated for basic things I guess :p personally I don't really like any mobile image editors and if need to touch something up then I'll do it manually in Photoshop because I have more control :p

For social media most mobile apps are fine and convenient, but I'm not into that. :angel:

every single one of my images goes through PicSay Pro. better.. yea, i can say that, and less hassle is part of it. remember, better isnt precise, better is what best for me, since i was posting. really, all yoy have to do is properly learn how to use the specific photo editing app, because if you dont know how to use it, its would suck then. anyways, back to desktop Photoshop.. i bet i can do everything that you can do in your desktop photoshop, but ill do it all on my phone.

Reactions: Elluel

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
i bet i can do everything that you can do in your desktop photoshop, but ill do it all on my phone.

Maybe for basic stuff like color correction and whatnot. But if you wanted to change an image taken during day to look like the middle of the night, yeah no, good luck with that on a phone. Not the most difficult in Photoshop either but still quite challenging for most. Maybe better for you because of the convenience and ease, but definitely not for me as sometimes I may do complex renders where fine control/tools is needed. :p

Reactions: TheLastSidekick

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Maybe for basic stuff like color correction and whatnot. But if you wanted to change an image taken during day to look like the middle of the night, yeah no, good luck with that on a phone. Not the most difficult in Photoshop either but still quite challenging for most. Maybe better for you because of the convenience and ease, but definitely not for me as sometimes I may do complex renders where fine control/tools is needed. :p

sure you can.. why not?

Reactions: TheLastSidekick

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Do it then ;) edit an image where the sun is also visible, change it to a moon, and change the entire atmosphere to be night-like. And accurately enough that one wouldn't think it was edited.

fine. im still at work now, but later on i will make you something. not your scene, but my own..

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Do it then ;) edit an image where the sun is also visible, change it to a moon, and change the entire atmosphere to be night-like. And accurately enough that one wouldn't think it was edited.

btw, what youre asking me to do isnt edit an image, but create a new one. but ill still do it :silly:

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

i made a quickie(well, not very quick :)) on my way home from work.. lmao! it could have been a little neater, but it would take just a little more time.

14%2B-%2B1

chaco81

Sep 28, 2010
OH
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
recently i came across a friend asking for a powerful photo editor that did layers and stuff

another friend suggested Handy Photo..... downloaded the lite version, watched some of the tutorial videos..
after using it, i ended up buying the full version without question,thats how good it is.

i can not believe i never ran into this before... very very powerful editing app,.... its like photoshop and lightroom but just in mobile.
very good for mobile editing. u have to check it out

Reactions: diSke

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
@simms22 Oh boy did you ever shut me up. I too felt as if mobile editing was yet to be up to par with a desktop editor like Photoshop. But now I learned I'm just not using my phone correctly. ;)

K

Kanhaiya1.kk

Guys.. try pic say PRO
I think it is the best -in market- ... u can try picsart too

kanhaiya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i made a quickie(well, not very quick :)) on my way home from work.. lmao! it could have been a little neater, but it would take just a little more time.

14%2B-%2B1
    Well it's 100% made in Photoshop and nothing is actually real ;)

yea, but the difference is op is asking about a photo editor, not a make up an image app. just like me, i deal with real images only, not make belief. so, editing on a mobile device has improved greatly over the years, and will get better after L is officially released, since google has lots of new code dealing with photography :)
    Still, it was an edit of an already existing image (my own previous one, you could use a real image too). Mobile photo editors have become decent, but let's be real here, you can't get perfect accuracy with them but you can still do something somewhat convincing to most with a little bit of effort. :p

with what i use them for, and how i use them, 100% perfect accuracy. heres a few, i generally edit all my photos, and edit them in a way that you cant tell they are edit. but what i dont do is change the image. heres a few examples..

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B1

fine. im still at work now, but later on i will make you something. not your scene, but my own..

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

btw, what youre asking me to do isnt edit an image, but create a new one. but ill still do it :silly:
    I use VSCO app.
    You can try using PhotoShop app not the express but the paid version.