[GUIDE][DualBooting Stock Neatrom and AOSP Neatrom][03-07-14]

Do you find this Thread useful???

• Total voters
Search This thread

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011
Hi, super useful thread, thanks a lot.

I followed exactly the same steps but i never get to boot the 2nd Rom. It always stucks at dorimanx logo saying that it will boot the 2nd rom. Are there any steps during the Aroma instalation to follow? I tried the Extra lite/lite/full with no success neither the kernels dorimaxn, apolo and apolo light. I also tried the kernel v109 recomended in the thread with the modified Roms. I did all wipes before the instalation (including sd card) and also the wipes in step 12 before and after instaling the ROM. I Flashed minimal gapps and maliV2 downgrade during the process normally.

The 1st ROM (AOSP v5.9) boots normally.

Also tried the I9100XWMS2 NEATROM SUPERLITE 2.7 MS2 - instalations goes ok, when I reboot and chose the 2nd Rom, appears the mesage Booting the secondary ROM... and stucks.

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
did you download the modified version of neatrom?...official neatrom will not work on dualboot, only modified neatrom will work...please download it from link provided in OP...

also please use v76 of dorimanx...

Please support porting 4.4.2 Kitkat for S2 i9100

Count to Infinity [Get to know around the world]

Galaxy SII I9100 User Benchmark [My Best Score]

Reactions: KiraNoas

KiraNoas

May 20, 2012
did you download the modified version of neatrom?...official neatrom will not work on dualboot, only modified neatrom will work...please download it from link provided in OP...

also please use v76 of dorimanx...

Please support porting 4.4.2 Kitkat for S2 i9100

Count to Infinity [Get to know around the world]

Galaxy SII I9100 User Benchmark [My Best Score]

I used the modified versios for the 2nd Rom from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44449811&postcount=1 (Both NEATROM 6.2 -MS3 AROMA- and I9100XWMS2 NEATROM SUPERLITE 2.7 MS2) .

The 1st isn't the "normal" in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-i9100-aosp-neatrom-v5-8-t2603169 ? I'm also using now the v76.

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011

KiraNoas

May 20, 2012
Use this modified NeatRom and start from scratch again...
Please report back...

I had said 6.2 but I flashed this 6.3 file. Anyway, I downloaded this 6.3 and all the others files again but I got stuck in the Dorimanx logo saying that it would boot the secondary Rom. Perhaps my English is tricking me and I did'n get a basic or fundamental point during the steps. The instalations always go fine, with no errors, and in the dual boot option - current status - there is the second Rom, so I really don't have any idea what i'm doing wrong. I've formated everything possible, including the internal sd card and mounted the usb storage to copy the files.

Thank you.

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011
I had said 6.2 but I flashed this 6.3 file. Anyway, I downloaded this 6.3 and all the others files again but I got stuck in the Dorimanx logo saying that it would boot the secondary Rom. Perhaps my English is tricking me and I did'n get a basic or fundamental point during the steps. The instalations always go fine, with no errors, and in the dual boot option - current status - there is the second Rom, so I really don't have any idea what i'm doing wrong. I've formated everything possible, including the internal sd card and mounted the usb storage to copy the files.

Thank you.
But you can boot in 1stRom (AOSP NeatRom) with no problem right?...
I think there's something wrong with your 2ndRom hhmmmnnn...

Try to reflash again the rom, just follow again the "Setting up 2nd Rom (Stockbase NeatRom)..."

Just hold on, we will succeed...

KiraNoas

May 20, 2012
But you can boot in 1stRom (AOSP NeatRom) with no problem right?...
I think there's something wrong with your 2ndRom hhmmmnnn...

Try to reflash again the rom, just follow again the "Setting up 2nd Rom (Stockbase NeatRom)..."

Yeah, that's right, the 1st Rom (AOSP NeatRom) boots and works with no problem.

I followed almost exactly the same steps and the differences that I realized are: I don't have preload to format. Right now I can boot into the 1st Rom and the kernel gives me the option to boot into the 2nd (but stucks at Dorimanx logo). When I access the STweaks, appears a message: unexpected error before the tabs with the options.

I guess that I have a partition corrupted but formating is not solving the problem. I also tried the options in the tab Others in STweaks (data and media cache) but I still can't boot the 2nd Rom. I will search for a partition/disc analiser (I think I've seen something about it in ADB Shell comands) because it's one of the few things that I haven't tried yet.

I formated everything and installed according with the thread so I'm running out of options...

KiraNoas

May 20, 2012

I had totally forgot that the repartition doesn't work in dual boots, so I flashed the stock pit file, wiped everything and followed the steps as you provided. I've been successfully dual booting for 4 days. The music player bug was driving me crazy although the kitkat has some good improvements.

I'm really grateful for your kindly help and empathy of creating this thread.

Reactions: marjune23

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011
I had totally forgot that the repartition doesn't work in dual boots, so I flashed the stock pit file, wiped everything and followed the steps as you provided. I've been successfully dual booting for 4 days. The music player bug was driving me crazy although the kitkat has some good improvements.

I'm really grateful for your kindly help and empathy of creating this thread.
Nice to hear you got dualboot working on your phone...

Thanks for the feedback, actually I have no idea that dualboot will not work on reparations...
I will take a note this...

Reactions: avirk and KiraNoas

ssanjy

Sep 2, 2013
Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Working great

Forgot to post in the main thread @marjune23, as posted in NeatROM XWMS3 thread

Surely yes... Big thanks to dual boot master @Troubadour666 and @niko60 for his modified stock NeatROM for dual boot
... So far, I'm very much satisfied with AOSP NeatRom and will eventually stick to it without dual boot later.... But really liked customisations in the STweaks for dorimanx and it has Slide2Wake function to which I'm fan of... So I'll stay with dorimanx too... Am not in mood to reformat my SD so far.... Will let it be and make use of internal as instead for stock ROM.... THANKS ALL ??

All of you guys are great.... :good: :highfive:

Reactions: marjune23
Hi,

I am trying to dualboot neatrom aosp v8 and neatrom stock 6.4. However I couldn't find any dualboot for the latest versions. Could someone help me please.
Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I mean dualboot mods

marjune23

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,

I am trying to dualboot neatrom aosp v8 and neatrom stock 6.4. However I couldn't find any dualboot for the latest versions. Could someone help me please.
Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I mean dualboot mods

Mate sorry but there's no available mods for v6.4 as you can see in this post of mine...Same with v8.0st
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50338505&postcount=82139

Top Liked Posts