[Q] Root in Argentina and Brazil official update

Search This thread

Jahminho

Feb 22, 2012
São Paulo
I have the 2.3.6 Rom from VIVO, but I can not even install the 2.3.6 retail, and I can not get root access, I tried several ways but none works.

MaxK47

Jan 21, 2012
São Carlos (SP)
I'm sorry guys,but i havent understand....is it impossible root the device with 2.3.6 roms or the problem is only for brazilian roms and/or milestone 2 ?

in first case i think we will see a solution to root our device soon, in second case i fear the worst !!

It's possible to root the official gingerbread roms except the one from Brazilian carrier Vivo and one from Argentinian carrier Personal.
Anyone interested in the topic should read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1467796

Jahminho

Feb 22, 2012
São Paulo
I tried the SuperOneClick, restarts, and everything, but there is in wait for device, and the program stops responding and does not end the process of root.
Still do not know how this thing to be switching sbf, I am newbie with android.

criptoinfo

Aug 24, 2010
We can offer assistance to groups that root. What are groups? How to offer help?

Sent from my A953 using xda premium

fegerman

Feb 26, 2012
the problem is you cant root the version (brazil vivo) but i cant flash another version (f.e. 2.2.2 stock), too. why is this, someone know? sorry about my bad english.

Jahminho

Feb 22, 2012
São Paulo
Downloading this now sbf: M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_R01_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETLAB125LA003.0R_STABLE45LAMILETRETLA_P005_A028_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz. I do flash it, and positive response, I'll post here again, wish me luck.:)

Jahminho

Feb 22, 2012
São Paulo
I got flashing, but still can not access ROOT, I tried the SuperOneClick the UnlockRoot rootd3.zip and now and so far without success.

sminatore

Feb 16, 2012
roma
had someone who have vivo or personal provider try to flash the brazil retail or tim rom?? is it possible ? ?

...it doesnt work....

im starting to think we will never see a solution!

Last edited:

fegerman

Feb 26, 2012
I think so, too. I stupidly flash the Brazil vivo on my German device, and now ive got the same probs. are you think there willbe found a way to downgrade the next time?...

criptoinfo

Aug 24, 2010
I'm also with the 2.3.6 ROM alive and I can not root. How can I help the groups find new ways to root? I have some knowledge of linux, C programming and Java. How can I be useful?

Stranyer

Nov 18, 2011
I'm also with the 2.3.6 ROM alive and I can not root. How can I help the groups find new ways to root? I have some knowledge of linux, C programming and Java. How can I be useful?

+1! Same problem, and same I'm a programmer, so I would like to help on anyway!

Thanks! And please, keep this alive, it's the only hope I have to root my phone again!

sminatore

Feb 16, 2012
roma
still nothing ?? :(

is there at least a way to say to my phone to search in the italian market, a way to set italian prediction for keyboard or italian for swype ?

guuhzin

Jan 5, 2012
São Paulo
is there at least a way to say to my phone to search in the italian market

YES! there's a way to search in the italian Market (now called Google Play Store)

All you need to do is (you'll need a WiFi network to do this):
1. turn off your phone and remove the SIM Card (I dont know if it's really needed, just writing the steps I did to access US Market)

2. turn on your phone without the SIM Card

3. search the web for a proxy server of the country you want. It also should work with an VPN connection*

4. go to your WiFi settings (on your phone, obviously) and tap and hold over the network you're connected to and choose 'Modify network'

5. check 'Use proxy server' and enter the proxy server address you've chosen and the server port in the appropriated inputs and tap 'Save'

6. now go to Application Manager, tap 'Market' (or 'Google Play Store'), stop it and clear its data (note that you'll need to configure it again, like PIN code, automatic app updates, etc)

7. open the market and accept the terms and see if it's the market of the country you chosen. If isn't, repeat the step 6 and try again after a few minutes. When you start to browse in the market of the country you want, you can proceed to step 8

8. now you can turn off your phone and insert your SIM card again, then turn on your phone and remove the proxy settings from wireless network. The market of the country you chosen should work, even without the proxy settings, 'till you clear the market app data again

As I already said, it worked for me when I tried to access the US market.

Good luck!

Notes:
- this should work with every country! Just choose a proxy server from the country you want and follow the steps.
- * if you would like to use a VPN, DONT follow the steps 4 and 5. Go to Wireless & network settings > VPN settings instead and follow the UI guide steps.

———————————————————

EDIT: I completely forgot that you're in Italy and your ISP already have an italian IP address (oh, dont you say hahaha :D), so you dont need to use a proxy server or VPN. Just follow the steps 1-2 and 6-8 and see what happens. I dont know if it'll work. What I know is that it works when you try to access the market of a country different of yours.

Sorry for the mess :eek:

Last edited:

sminatore

Feb 16, 2012
roma
YES! there's a way to search in the italian Market (now called Google Play Store)

All you need to do is (you'll need a WiFi network to do this):
1. turn off your phone and remove the SIM Card (I dont know if it's really needed, just writing the steps I did to access US Market)

2. turn on your phone without the SIM Card

3. search the web for a proxy server of the country you want. It also should work with an VPN connection*

4. go to your WiFi settings (on your phone, obviously) and tap and hold over the network you're connected to and choose 'Modify network'

5. check 'Use proxy server' and enter the proxy server address you've chosen and the server port in the appropriated inputs and tap 'Save'

6. now go to Application Manager, tap 'Market' (or 'Google Play Store'), stop it and clear its data (note that you'll need to configure it again, like PIN code, automatic app updates, etc)

7. open the market and accept the terms and see if it's the market of the country you chosen. If isn't, repeat the step 6 and try again after a few minutes. When you start to browse in the market of the country you want, you can proceed to step 8

8. now you can turn off your phone and insert your SIM card again, then turn on your phone and remove the proxy settings from wireless network. The market of the country you chosen should work, even without the proxy settings, 'till you clear the market app data again

As I already said, it worked for me when I tried to access the US market.

Good luck!

Notes:
- this should work with every country! Just choose a proxy server from the country you want and follow the steps.
- * if you would like to use a VPN, DONT follow the steps 4 and 5. Go to Wireless & network settings > VPN settings instead and follow the UI guide steps.

———————————————————

EDIT: I completely forgot that you're in Italy and your ISP already have an italian IP address (oh, dont you say hahaha :D), so you dont need to use a proxy server or VPN. Just follow the steps 1-2 and 6-8 and see what happens. I dont know if it'll work. What I know is that it works when you try to access the market of a country different of yours.

Sorry for the mess :eek:

it doesnt work, when i open the market i just says me if i agree condition to use it, but then it load always the brazilian market

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root in this rom is possible only with superoneclick.

Sent from my A953 using XDA App
    Check instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Sent from my A953 using XDA App
    Maybe SuperOneClick doesn't work with the Argentinian 2.3.6 ROM? :confused:
    BTW, you tried to flash the Brazilian SBF?
    Well, I tried.
    And didn't work.
    The RSD says that there is an internal error, and I just toke of the battery, putted back in and turned on the phone, and there was the Vivo rom. I tried with the two retail rom.
    So, we just need to wait for somebody really good at this unlock phone thing to find the solution for this.

At least one thing this vivo rom is good (I know, sarcasm), even if I try to brick my phone, the rom don't let me do it... :p
    Has anyone tried to install a 2.3.4 rom which seems to be rootable?

I'll try on my brother's phone because he has done this **** install on his m2.

If I got any luck I let u guys know...