[Firmware][ICS]UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the Infuse 4G (07/28/2012)

Search This thread

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
I like the week day in the bar up top on Uni but the music player (which I use all night at work) is SO MUCH louder on this! Running great!!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

noy-z

Oct 14, 2011
Baton Rouge
I have an odd question but it's pretty important to me. Why does the audio running through this rom sound so much more better than on any other version of GB? I've tried stock-based and CM7. Can't quite seem to get it to the level of CM9.

Yes, I know listening to audio is all subjective but I can't be trippin. I compared the system lib folders from CM7 and CM9 and it seems that CM9 has two extra files. There may be other factors at work here so my question is does anyone what are the differences and is it possible to port those files/apps/whatever to a Gingerbread-based rom.

Thanks!

edit: 2 extra files in system/libs/soundfx to be exact

Last edited:

schahr01

May 12, 2006
I have an odd question but it's pretty important to me. Why does the audio running through this rom sound so much more better than on any other version of GB? I've tried stock-based and CM7. Can't quite seem to get it to the level of CM9.

Yes, I know listening to audio is all subjective but I can't be trippin. I compared the system lib folders from CM7 and CM9 and it seems that CM9 has two extra files. There may be other factors at work here so my question is does anyone what are the differences and is it possible to port those files/apps/whatever to a Gingerbread-based rom.

Thanks!

Maybe because of a working DSPManager? I don't think we had this w/ ROMs based on samsung leaks.

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
When running:
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch infuse4g

I am getting the following:

including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Device infuse4g not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Repository for infuse4g not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifest.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_infuse4g'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this? I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Has anyone been able to get the phone to encrypt with this mod?? I have an Exchange email through work and one of the security protocols they use is phone encryption but every time I attempt to encrypt it displays the little android guy and doesn't seem to do anything. Haven't found anywhere this issue has been addressed so wondering if it's not functioning or if there is a workaround.

It may be broken - not many people use this feature.

Did anyone experience a lockscreen
Failure when Widget locker is activated
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Widget Locker is notorious for causing SoDs and other resume failures.

Thanks!

Two possibilities:
1) Voodoo Sound
2) DSPManager

Have you tried any GB releases with kernels that included VS?

When running:

I am getting the following:

including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
Device infuse4g not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Repository for infuse4g not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifest.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_infuse4g'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this? I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.
Second post of this thread...

Reactions: xDa.Fun

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
Found a moto theme for cm9. Loving it

Screenshot_2012-06-01-20-43-34.png

Attachments

• MotoInspired_v1.0.apk
    4.9 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

lilchicano

Feb 27, 2009
Marietta, GA
oh yeah i forgot to mention this. has anyone else had a problem with the navigation app as far as the navigation speech?
it keeps saying the same thing over and over again reguardless of the turns and place im going. for me it says something along the lines of "royal boulevard south turns right and becomes fanfar way, then turn right onto arts smt" the actual navigation itself is correct, just the speech is not. i know i could just disable the speech like already done. but is anyone else experiencing something like this?

McAwesome

May 11, 2012
This issue may have been addressed but I have seen many posts around with different directions and actions to take to solve the problem so I thought I would add to it. MMS messaging. I was having a lot of problems with downloading my picture texts. I would get one it would show the download button I would click it nothing would happen then sometimes I would get them sometimes not. So what I did was go to settings under wireless and networks you choose more then you go to mobile networks. Then I enabled data roaming and national data roaming. This resolved all my mms issues immediately. Don't know exactly why ATT and my phone cant figure out when I'm roaming and when Im not. But that appears to be the problem. For me.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
This issue may have been addressed but I have seen many posts around with different directions and actions to take to solve the problem so I thought I would add to it. MMS messaging. I was having a lot of problems with downloading my picture texts. I would get one it would show the download button I would click it nothing would happen then sometimes I would get them sometimes not. So what I did was go to settings under wireless and networks you choose more then you go to mobile networks. Then I enabled data roaming and national data roaming. This resolved all my mms issues immediately. Don't know exactly why ATT and my phone cant figure out when I'm roaming and when Im not. But that appears to be the problem. For me.

whooo, just loaded this latest bld last night and yes I had MMS send/rec issues in sending but all else data worked great. Thx Entropy512

I never check the data roaming of any kind..... AT&T must not like me because they always figure out when I or any one of my other lines are roaming, I will see call or data roaming charges if there is any on my bill....

To resolve my small MMS issues, I say small, due to all other data works great, I don't send many MMS type, usually joke or non official type of MMS. But utilizing the MMS proxy 66.209.11.32 in the APNs for the regular ATT works great, as posted in the other ics/aokp threads.

But hey if it works for you....:)

Last edited:

SayDfuse

May 30, 2012
North Carolina
okay so is there any way you can add a 4G symbol in the status bar without switching this theme? i really like to show off my fast 4G phone to my friends and theyre always like wtf is H? so yeah not trying to sound need or anything because its really not a big deal but can someone at least guide me in the right direction on how to change the H icon myself to a 4G icon like on the infused rom?

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
okay so is there any way you can add a 4G symbol in the status bar without switching this theme? i really like to show off my fast 4G phone to my friends and theyre always like wtf is H? so yeah not trying to sound need or anything because its really not a big deal but can someone at least guide me in the right direction on how to change the H icon myself to a 4G icon like on the infused rom?

Lucky for you...no decompiling is needed if that's all you want to change...

First...get 7zip
Second...get the 4g icon you want

1) Take the systemui.apk
2) Right click of and choose view archive with 7zip
3) Navigate to /res/ and extract drawable-hdpi folder
4) Next locate all the pngs with "H" and switch them with your 4g icons
(Just rename the 4g icons to match the name of the h icons, then delete the h icons and add the 4 g icons)
5) replace the drawable-hdpi in systemui.napkins with the one you extracted
6) adb push system hi onto the phone (while in recovery)
7) reboot and your good to go :)

I can provide 4glte icons that are already renamed (taken from one of dmans zeuses) if you want...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Might be able to do it with the theme engine.

But it isn't 4G anyway, AT&T would like you to think that it is, but it isn't. Only dishonest carriers call HSPA+ "4G".

SayDfuse

May 30, 2012
North Carolina
Lucky for you...no decompiling is needed if that's all you want to change...

First...get 7zip
Second...get the 4g icon you want

1) Take the systemui.apk
2) Right click of and choose view archive with 7zip
3) Navigate to /res/ and extract drawable-hdpi folder
4) Next locate all the pngs with "H" and switch them with your 4g icons
(Just rename the 4g icons to match the name of the h icons, then delete the h icons and add the 4 g icons)
5) replace the drawable-hdpi in systemui.napkins with the one you extracted
6) adb push system hi onto the phone (while in recovery)
7) reboot and your good to go :)

I can provide 4glte icons that are already renamed (taken from one of dmans zeuses) if you want...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

can i use root explorer directly from my phone to do this?

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
can i use root explorer directly from my phone to do this?

probably...but if you also install straight from your phone you may get some FCs...reboot should fix them...

and after looking at the systemui.apk of cm9...my 4glte icons would not work...well they would but it wouldnt look right lol

Last edited:

jananan

Sep 10, 2011
i have made few observations after using CM9 and AOKP roms for some time now.

CM9 has much smoother video acceleration and rendering compared to AOKP.

i have tried most of Entropy's CM9 build and Nun's AOKP and each time was a clean flash after wiping everything with no apps restored from any backups.

observations

1.) most web browsers take some time to render after scrolling in AOKP, CM9 renders faster

2.) the buggy facebook app (i know... :mad: ) takes ages longer to render in AOKP compared to CM9

3.) several other apps, like the music app also slower when scrolling

there must be some difference in the underlying video rendering libs or some other differences like the kernel (love the integrated voodoo module in CM9's kernel) or something else that is causing the weird lag in AOKP that is non-existant in CM9.

and lastly, people, please don't start a CM9 vs AOKP war / fanboyism here. these are just my observations and might not be the same for everyone.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
i have made few observations after using CM9 and AOKP roms for some time now.

CM9 has much smoother video acceleration and rendering compared to AOKP.

i have tried most of Entropy's CM9 build and Nun's AOKP and each time was a clean flash after wiping everything with no apps restored from any backups.

observations

1.) most web browsers take some time to render after scrolling in AOKP, CM9 renders faster

2.) the buggy facebook app (i know... :mad: ) takes ages longer to render in AOKP compared to CM9

3.) several other apps, like the music app also slower when scrolling

there must be some difference in the underlying video rendering libs or some other differences like the kernel (love the integrated voodoo module in CM9's kernel) or something else that is causing the weird lag in AOKP that is non-existant in CM9.

and lastly, people, please don't start a CM9 vs AOKP war / fanboyism here. these are just my observations and might not be the same for everyone.
Its not the kernel...the only kernel available for ics is the one in cm9...soooo....all ics roms/ports on the infuse are using the same kernel...so that leaves the libs....

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

dadofsix

May 25, 2011
Sugar Hill, GA.
BT

Entropy,

I have read all through the thread and still have a question. In the updates page it still says that the blue tooth is not working. Do you have any kind of an estimate when, or if this can be fixed? I am using AEON right now as I use the BT function a lot, but I am not really happy wiht that ROM and the CM9 that we loaded onto my wife and daughter's Cappys is really great.

Thanks from a non-dev that is working through the process of learning what is going on and why as it were.

Gary

wickedninjalo

Mar 14, 2009
Gouldsboro
I'm sure this has been answered before (I searched and for some reason didn't come up with anything) but why is the recovery distorted after flashing this and hOw can I fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETELY READ THIS POST AND THE FAQ.

Since jt1134 is no longer supporting his CM9 releases here on XDA and asking people to go elsewhere for support, I have decided to start building CM9 for the Infuse.

Much of the credit goes to him for doing the initial ICS bringup for Infuse, I'm working on fixing some of the things that are not yet working. Even more goes to LinuxBozo - without his CM7 work we would be nowhere.

http://d-h.st/vN1 - 06/20/2012 build
    http://d-h.st/ahW - 06/27/2012 build
    http://d-h.st/Pfr - 07/28/2012 build

Installation instructions-from a Gingerbread firmware with "red CWM":
    Place this release and an ICS gapps release on your SD card.
    Flash this ZIP in CWM
    Reboot - you will get stuck at the Samsung screen
    Reboot to recovery again using the three-finger salute - hold down VolUp+VolDn+Power until the device reboots, release Power after the reboot, continue holding VolUp+VolDn
    Go to Mounts and Storage and format: system, data, cache
    Flash this ZIP a second time, then flash gapps
    Reboot and enjoy

Coming from any AOSP-based firmware with "blue CWM":
    Flash this, flash gapps, wipe. That should be all you need.

What is working:
    Calls
    GPS
    Sound
    Video playback

What is partially working:
    Camera (minor flakiness, but mostly working)
    Car dock audio (possibly desk dock too, untested) - Some issues with ringtone playback when docked - This is native dock audio, not using the Car Dock Redirector app workaround. Thanks go to StevenHarperUK of the GT-I9100 community for reworking CM9's dock audio code to permit this to work.
    Wifi - It frequently loses connection when the device is asleep. Most likely needs some SDHCI driver tweaks to match the N7000 wifi driver.
    Wifi Direct - A little glitchy but mostly working with I777/N7000. Won't talk to a P7510 (Tab 10.1) though.
    Bluetooth - A2DP (music) and SCO (call audio) now works. However BT power management (LPM) is currently disabled, so BT may eat your battery when on.

Not working:
    TV Output - No one has gotten MHL fully working on any Samsung device yet to my knowledge. There's some promising results from the I9100 community but it's not there yet.

Known issues:
    SetCPU seems to be unable to set the minimum frequency to 100 MHz. This is one of the main reasons for holding off on OC - even stock clock code isn't working quite right
    Facebook contact sync has been blocked by Google in ICS - this is universal to ICS on all devices I'm aware of. Facebook got what they deserved here.
    Building - Use the Source, Luke

Kernel source is at: https://github.com/teamhacksung/android_kernel_samsung_dempsey

Device repo at: https://github.com/teamhacksung/android_device_samsung_infuse4g

To build, first prep your system for a Cyanogenmod build by following the instructions at:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Building_from_source

Once you have done the first "repo sync", at the two following lines to .repo/local_manifest.xml
    Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/infuse4g" name="teamhacksung/android_device_samsung_infuse4g" remote="github"/>
      <project path="kernel/samsung/dempsey" name="teamhacksung/android_kernel_samsung_dempsey" remote="github" />

Run "repo sync" again

Sync https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/ into vendor/samsung

Drop the contents of the attached tarball into vendor/samsung

(I really need to clean that process up...)

Run:
    Code:
    FAQ

Q: I get weird rainbows in recovery and when my device boots? What gives?
    A: This is what happens when a Gingerbread or ICS kernel is booted on a device with Froyo bootloaders. You will need to either live with the rainbows (recovery is at least partially usable with the rainbows now) or flash Gingerbread bootloaders. Stay tuned for more info on bootloader flashing.

Unfortunately, the classic "rainbow fix" we used for Gingerbread is not compatible with how video acceleration is set up in ICS. The rainbowfix will just cause the device to crash immediately on boot. (I think this is why jt was not successful with LinuxBozo's CM7 source.)

Q: I'm getting rainbows, how do I flash Gingerbread bootloaders?
    Flash the bootloaders from the file attached to this post using Heimdall as follows:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin

DO NOT do this unless you are experiencing rainbows, and DO NOT do this until you have confirmed you can flash less dangerous stuff (like kernels) with Heimdall. If the flash fails you will hardbrick!

Thanks to LinuxBozo for confirming, way back in the days of UCKJ2, that Heimdall can safely flash bootloaders from leaks. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18539754#post18539754 - Be warned, once you do this step there is no going back. For whatever reason the Infuse won't flash dumped bootloaders, so there is no known way to return to Froyo and Rogers Gingerbread bootloaders.
    Change Log

7/28/2012:
    Removed 1000 MHz cpufreq step - the extra frequency step was causing all sorts of weird derpage.
    Fixed 1200 MHz step (it was using the wrong PLL settings)
    Moved to open source sensor HAL

7/22/2012:
    Major improvements to camera flash functionality - torch is still broken but most other flash functions work
    EXIF info (including rotation) is now saved. However I had to disable JPEG thumbnail generation, which slows down viewing of images in gallery
    Structural changes to the repos to make things cleaner - Once two patches get merged by CM I plan on submitting Infuse for official nightlies
    CPU clock handling for GPU bus frequency was changed from a policy change (min freq bumped to 200 MHz in policy, which would cause some apps to "stick" the min at 200) to a DVFS lock. Min no longer bumps up to 200 - however any time the GPU is active it'll still lock to 200 MHz.

6/27/2012:
    Discovered our device has a Broadcom BT chipset - the CG2900 is NOT used for Bluetooth. BT is now fully functional other than possible power management issues

6/20/2012:
    Various upstream stuff
    Wifi Direct support added - partially glitchy (see OP)
    Bluetooth support brought up to CM7 levels (Audio stuff is still broken)

5/27/2012:
    New wifi driver from GT-N7000 Update3 source drop: Hopefully will improve wifi for those with issues
    New LPM (charging while off) code from I9100
    All upstream changes since last build, including lockscreen weather

5/19/2012:
    Lots of upstream CM9 changes, including theme engine and customizable lockscreen
    Settings->Advanced now works. mDNIE settings (tested) and HSPA+ control (untested)
    A small patch that might help wifi driver loading issues, but not guaranteed (gokhanmoral reverted it within a day in his case...)

5/2/2012:
    Pulled in a few wifi fixes from gokhanmoral's I9100 SiyahKernel tree. May help those who are having wifi issues.

4/23:
    Fixed wifi MAC address getting set randomly on every boot

4/22:
    Misc stuff from CM9 upstream
    New wifi driver backported from the I9100 update4 sources and pershoot's Tab 10.1 kernel - Fixes wifi tethering!
    USB tethering removed until I can make the RNDIS driver play with the new net/wireless code - not even sure if it was working to begin with.

4/19:
    No more banding in recovery (thank codeworkx for this one, exact same fix as for I9100)
    FFC is no longer cropped to one corner of the sensor. Full resolution support for FFC still not implemented
    Various upstream changes
    I'm going to push out a build that hopefully fixes some of the wifi driver issues tonight, it pulls a few patches in from gokhanmoral's I9100 tree. (I9100 users have had occasional issues with wifi reliability too.)

Since I can't reproduce the issues I don't know if it will help things or not.

I do plan on staying with this wifi driver. The benefits of working tethering and (hopefully) eliminating the BT-AMP wakeup bug (as it did when backported to the Tab 10.1) outweight the small issues it has.

Currently on my list, time permitting:
    Try to identify why the broadcast/ARP packet filters don't enable when the screen is off. This seems to be a common issue to all devices using the I9100 wifi drivers and CM9 - It can hurt battery life for those on "dirty" networks with lots of broadcast spam. It's not a problem for most developers as we run clean networks, which might explain the unusual discrepancies in battery life between the developers and some users.
    Attempt to see if there's a way to shoehorn the I9100 camera HAL onto the Infuse, which seems to use the exact same cameras. If possible it will provide a much more robust camera experience. If not - I've lost enough sleep to the damn camera HAL, I welcome someone else trying to fix it. I hate going from an open-source HAL to a blob - but the open source HAL isn't working too well.

I'm probably not going to be doing too much over the next few days on any device, I'm generally exhausted.