Urban Armor Case (Update 1-8-2013)

Search This thread

Monk4Life

Aug 24, 2007
In the Matrix
4cbaf6fb-bc22-f727.jpg
Just thought I would share what just popped up on amazon.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/samsung

Update (1-8-2013) Just in case anyone owns a Note 2 they have some available for order. The design is different with customizable vents. Note 2 thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36358199

Update (9-16-2012) Here is a link to a great review by Mobile tech.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=43188

Update (8-23-2012): Sorry for the late review but looks like many people beat me to it. I have had the case for a little over a week and I am still very impressed with the quality, design and feel. I don't think there will be any other case on my GS3 besides this one. Its just too nice.

The case doesn't add a lot of thickness and just feels absolutely great in your hands. The side buttons are very easy to press and the volume button has very good grip due to the jagged design the volume button was given. Worked out great the other night while in bed and I grabbed my phone in pitch dark and was easily able to tell which side was up due to the volume button design. A couple of others cases I own I had trouble with this feat.

There was just 2 issues I ran in to at first. First was that my Skinomi screen protector did not last with this case. It started to peel up on the sides due to the cases perfect all around fit. I have not put the screen protector on yet that came with the case but if you happen to already have one on your phone you may have the same issue. The second thing was that the case felt kind of slick when I first received it but after a few days that went away.

I would post pics but there are so many in this thread already that I don't feel it is needed. Overall everyone should buy this case if they like the industrial look and want one of the best cases available for the GS3. Read through the entire thread and you will find some more great in depth reviews with pics.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Last edited:

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
Looks interesting. Can't tell from pictures of course. But doesn't look like the camera is protected to much more the front of the phone.

I look forward to reading the review.

Sent from Pluto.

italiankd2562

Jan 23, 2012
I was looking at these last week..i like the look of them but couldnt find alot of info on them so i went with the kramen case. But def cant wait for a review might pick it up if it ends up being good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Monk4Life

Aug 24, 2007
In the Matrix
I was looking at these last week..i like the look of them but couldnt find alot of info on them so i went with the kramen case. But def cant wait for a review might pick it up if it ends up being good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

It was the best case I ever had when I owned a iPhone for a very short amount of time. So hopefully the GS3 version is the same.

Mark930

Mar 31, 2011
I saw a review on YouTube and it looks like its only one peace that you slide you phone into. I'm worried that if i dropped it the phone would pop out of the case and smash

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

il buono

May 12, 2011
Tucson
Nice! For those who are going to review this case, if you can please cover whether or not a full screen protector fits with the case. From the pictures it looks like it can't but it's hard to tell with these hybrid cases

Sent from my SPH-L710

seabhac

Oct 6, 2010
I've tried out a number of cases now that looked good but in the end I keep coming back to my otterbox defender with an invisishield Hd screen protector instead of the one it comes with. I like the look of the UAG case but I just doubt it could protect as well as my setup right now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

DINLONG

Feb 26, 2008
Kents Hill, ME
Wow. Really like the look of this case. Can't wait to see a review, I wonder what kind of grip this thing has?
I don't need another case, but I may have to pick up that orange one for my blue s3.

T

The_Biz

Was interested until the 6:38 second spot where the reviewer tried to be slick and press the phone back into the case..... And the button delay.

il buono

May 12, 2011
Tucson
The back of the case reminds me of the front door of a port a potty.

Lulz

I couldn't wait for the reviews so I ordered the all black from eBay. I really wanted the color from the iphone aviator though (shown below)

Moss_back.png

Yes, this is an image of an iPhone on here...your eyes aren't deceiving you :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4cbaf6fb-bc22-f727.jpg
    Just thought I would share what just popped up on amazon.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/samsung

Update (1-8-2013) Just in case anyone owns a Note 2 they have some available for order. The design is different with customizable vents. Note 2 thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36358199

Update (9-16-2012) Here is a link to a great review by Mobile tech.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=43188

Update (8-23-2012): Sorry for the late review but looks like many people beat me to it. I have had the case for a little over a week and I am still very impressed with the quality, design and feel. I don't think there will be any other case on my GS3 besides this one. Its just too nice.

The case doesn't add a lot of thickness and just feels absolutely great in your hands. The side buttons are very easy to press and the volume button has very good grip due to the jagged design the volume button was given. Worked out great the other night while in bed and I grabbed my phone in pitch dark and was easily able to tell which side was up due to the volume button design. A couple of others cases I own I had trouble with this feat.

There was just 2 issues I ran in to at first. First was that my Skinomi screen protector did not last with this case. It started to peel up on the sides due to the cases perfect all around fit. I have not put the screen protector on yet that came with the case but if you happen to already have one on your phone you may have the same issue. The second thing was that the case felt kind of slick when I first received it but after a few days that went away.

I would post pics but there are so many in this thread already that I don't feel it is needed. Overall everyone should buy this case if they like the industrial look and want one of the best cases available for the GS3. Read through the entire thread and you will find some more great in depth reviews with pics.

REVIEW

So I got the all black version today and I am not regretting the purchase. In addition to the case, it comes with a screen protector and cleaning kit.

It is not that bulky of a case and the device is still comfortable to hold in the hands. I'm not going to do drop tests with the case but rest assured that if your device does happen to fall then it will do a very good job of protecting it. The power and volume buttons are covered but they still remain very responsive yet they won't be accidentally pressed while in your pocket (or purse, for the ladies ;) ). Every cutout aligns perfect. The quality of the case is amazing and it will surely last for a while. I don't have a full screen protector currently installed so I can't comment on the compatibility. The case does fit tight so removing it will take a bit more force but nothing that is unacceptable. That's all I can think of atm but feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to answer.

Edit: I applied a full screen protector (Realook 3D) and the case is compatible with it.

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00756-1.jpg

DSC00757-1.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

Here's a thickness comparison between a couple of my slimmer cases. I also have the Diztronic TPU and SGP Modello but it would be redundant to show these since they're similar in thickness to the two I'm about to show.

Ringke SlimLite
    DSC00773.jpg

SGP NeoHybrid
    001010010001.jpg
    Posted a full review of the white, black, and orange UAG case on my site. If you need a link PM me and I will send you one.

sent from my AOKP powered s3.
    A stormtrooper shat out an S3..

waplb8.jpg

4kiwc8.jpg

2sazggl.jpg

2m3lh7r.jpg

59znsm.jpg

1zbw6rl.jpg

33c7s0i.jpg

Next to the Ballistic SG Maxx
    2449o21.jpg
    They sent me one in every color will be posting full review with video but until then Here are some photos.
    White
    cf7743e7-ce6e-c741.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce79-1a0c.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce82-8672.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce8d-2081.jpg
    cf7743e7-ce97-a237.jpg

Black
    cf7743e7-ceaa-3052.jpg
    cf7743e7-ceb4-2ebe.jpg
    cf7743e7-cec0-2c67.jpg
    cf7743e7-cecb-025d.jpg
    cf7743e7-ced6-ed1d.jpg