[Q] Building 4.3 JB for Xperia E

Search This thread

Laneone

Sep 22, 2013
Hi,

First of all I believe this is a development thread, and It should probably be moved there but since I am new I was not allowed to post there.
Now I recently downloaded the entire source tree from aosp and I compiled version 4.3 JB. It went smooth and it made the appropriate system.img image. I wanted to port this to Xperia E Single Sim. I begin by first downloading CyanogenMod nanhu SS zip file and extracted the boot.img file from it (Since that's the kernel) I then wrote an extremely simple updater-script which basically flashed the system.img onto the system partition. zipped it up then ran TWRP and flashed the zip file. It asked me whether I wanted to install root and I said yes, after it installed root, I rebooted the phone and it is stuck at bootloop. I am stuck here as I do not know how to proceed to try and port this pure aosp rom to it. I hope you can shed any light on what I am supposed to do.

deepu2543651

May 11, 2011
Kerala
Yes possibly it will be a good thread, if any developer can start developing for this device.

Sent from my C1605 using Tapatalk 2

Laneone

Sep 22, 2013
The @jjm34 kernel is basically a Stock kernel, It's based on Sony's stock kernel, in order to run a pure aosp rom, you would have to compile a kernel yourself BASED on something. I am yet to learn how to do this, I dont know how to set up my device tree in such a way that when I run the lunch command, I should be able to build for the xperia E SS.

Giro54

Dec 16, 2013
Manila
giro.me.pn
any updates about this development? i'm really desperate getting the aosp rom for xperia e because i really don't like the sony's stock rom...

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
any updates about this development? i'm really desperate getting the aosp rom for xperia e because i really don't like the sony's stock rom...

Your first post on XDA is against the rules of XDA. You should read them.

If you are so desperate you should get a different phone that has active development or develop yourself.

We do not appreciate your type of desperation here. There are more valid reasons in life to feel desperation, not having AOSP is not one of them. If you still feel this way in a couple of days I advise you seek medical help.

Reactions: nexūs0
D

Deleted member 5439257

Your first post on XDA is against the rules of XDA. You should read them.

If you are so desperate you should get a different phone that has active development or develop yourself.

We do not appreciate your type of desperation here. There are more valid reasons in life to feel desperation, not having AOSP is not one of them. If you still feel this way in a couple of days I advise you seek medical help.

Dude... He just wants 4.3. TRY at least to be nice. I agree with you, it's not by the rules, but he is just really eager to test this ROM. Just wanted to say this.

Have a nice day!

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 5439257

JB 4.3 for E and E Dual? it's possible?

It is. Only a ton of work ;). It would be very interesting to try to port this. Unfortunately, I only have some basic knowledge of XML's and framework editing, very, VERY basic... It would be cool to try this, but yeah...

Have a nice day!

It is. Only a ton of work ;). It would be very interesting to try to port this. Unfortunately, I only have some basic knowledge of XML's and framework editing, very, VERY basic... It would be cool to try this, but yeah...

Have a nice day!

It would be great to see 4.3 running on our E and E Dual, sorry I do not understand XML, if understood, would help him. Sorry for my horrible English, I'm Brazilian. Have a good night!

Top Liked Posts