HELP!!!! Where did my backups go?

Search This thread

CaptnCaveman

Jan 31, 2012
in a house
First off, i'm not a noob to flashing roms, only on my SGS3. My other phone is a rooted HTC Inspire 4G running Jellytime 4.2. Ok, down to my problem. I've been on my stock rooted rom since i rooted it last year and have not attempted to play with roms until recently. So yeah, I backed up all my apps and system data before I flashed omni rom and superSU for the d2att SGS3 i747. After flashing and setting phone back up, i realized that ALL my backups were completely gone from titanium backup. It said the backups were never made What did i do wrong?? Was there a step i missed in order for my backups to transfer over to new rom on the SGS3? Is there a special way to set up titanium backup for the SGS3?? Thank god i still have my nandroid backup in rom manager. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last edited:

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
First off, i'm not a noob to flashing roms, only on my SGS3. My other phone is a rooted HTC Inspire 4G running Jellytime 4.2. Ok, down to my problem. I've been on my stock rooted rom since i rooted it last year and have not attempted to play with roms until recently. So yeah, I backed up all my apps and system data before I flashed omni rom and superSU for the d2att SGS3 i747. After flashing and setting phone back up, i realized that ALL my backups were completely gone from titanium backup. It said the backups were never made What did i do wrong?? Was there a step i missed in order for my backups to transfer over to new rom on the SGS3? Is there a special way to set up titanium backup for the SGS3?? Thank god i still have my nandroid backup in rom manager. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

In Titanium press menu button and select preferences. In the next menu select default back up location. You will have a button here that says 'detect'. If they exist on your phone or SD card this will find them. Have you searched in both sdcard/ and sdcard/0/? In the future you can set the default location to External SD which will save it incase of a need to full wipe. TiBu also does have a feature to restore from Nandroid.

Reactions: CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Jan 31, 2012
in a house
In Titanium press menu button and select preferences. In the next menu select default back up location. You will have a button here that says 'detect'. If they exist on your phone or SD card this will find them. Have you searched in both sdcard/ and sdcard/0/? In the future you can set the default location to External SD which will save it incase of a need to full wipe. TiBu also does have a feature to restore from Nandroid.

If I set up titanium backup w/ dropbox for my backups, will that be better than sending my backups to SD card and risk losing them again?

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
If I set up titanium backup w/ dropbox for my backups, will that be better than sending my backups to SD card and risk losing them again?

I have never tried the Dropbox option, but in theory it should work. If it does work, it would be better to have it off device, and you should be able to schedule it to auto backup whenever you want.

CaptnCaveman

Jan 31, 2012
in a house
I have never tried the Dropbox option, but in theory it should work. If it does work, it would be better to have it off device, and you should be able to schedule it to auto backup whenever you want.

sweet. Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated. I'm gonna try setting up dropbox w/ titanium. i'll let you know how it goes.

ecera

Jun 11, 2013
You did try the detect option mentioned above? Did you wipe internal storage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.