Problems during restoring phone

Search This thread

FabMan_UK

Oct 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm stuck, I am trying to restore my HTC One X to stock as I am sending off for repair, however its not working. I've read many tutorials but I'm still not getting anywhere.

I've locked the phone, replaced the recovery.img and replaced the boot.img however the RUU won't install.

My phone is from Australia, Virgin and has the CID of: CID_023

My original Nandroid back-up is gone, so I can't use that.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong and what information you require to help me?

S-ON
HBOOT-1.39.0000

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hi everyone,

I'm stuck, I am trying to restore my HTC One X to stock as I am sending off for repair, however its not working. I've read many tutorials but I'm still not getting anywhere.

I've locked the phone, replaced the recovery.img and replaced the boot.img however the RUU won't install.

My phone is from Australia, Virgin and has the CID of: CID_023

My original Nandroid back-up is gone, so I can't use that.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong and what information you require to help me?

S-ON
HBOOT-1.39.0000

Post the result from command fastboot getvar all and delete your S/N and IMEI from the info

FabMan_UK

Oct 7, 2011
Post the result from command fastboot getvar all and delete your S/N and IMEI from the info
version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.39.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.17.728.1
serialno:
imei:
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ4611000
cidnum: HTC__023
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4157mV
devpower: 100
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0

Thanks

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
serialno:
imei:

Thanks

You must to restore nandroid backup no RRU for nwer base more then 3.14. NOW
1. Install this recovery with command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
2. download this Nandroid Backup
3. go in recovery mount the sd card and unrar the nandroid backup to your computer after this paste on your SD card in folder Backup
4. flash the boot.img, erase cache, and restor nandroid from recovery.
5. You must to install stock recovery and you are full stock and you can receive OTA

Reactions: FabMan_UK

FabMan_UK

Oct 7, 2011
3. go in recovery mount the sd card and unrar the nandroid backup to your computer after this paste on your SD card in folder Backup
5. You must to install stock recovery and you are full stock and you can receive OTA

Thank you for your help, so the problem for me was the 3.14 update I had applied. I can't download the file at work, I'll try at home later.

FabMan_UK

Oct 7, 2011
Thant, I want to thank you for your assistance with this problem. Your solution worked, I was able to install the OTA update.

The guides I was following used the RUU as the solution to those without a working Nandroid back up of their own, I wasn't aware that 3.14 or newer could be a problem for that. It is a shame out of date guides are not removed or updated.

I had seen people upload nandroid backups, but I didn't trust those. I decided to take a chance with yours and it worked for me.

My info now states:
version-bootloader: 1.73.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
version-main: 4.19.728.3
serialno:
imei:
battery-voltage: 4061mV
devpower: 97

SuperSU is still install, I am now assuming the firmware/h-boot is still a modified version. Looking into it.

Last edited:

FabMan_UK

Oct 7, 2011

Okay I'm going crazy SuperSU is on my phone and I can't get rid of it. I couldn't uninstall it, so I re-rooted the phone, installed custom recovery, installed SuperSU binaries then tried to uninstall. But every reboot reinstalls the application. Argh!!!

Any help with this?

Okay fixed the SuperSU problem, unfortunately the Nadroid backup supplied was not a stock image, still worked though when I did a factory reset, restored nandroid backup, install SU binaries, uninstalled SuperSU from OS, restored recovery, locked OEM, downloaded OTA and installed it.

So it all looks good except the recovery option comes up with an image of a phone and a large red exclamation mark, I assume this means the recovery.img doesn't match. Is there a way to fix this as I'd like my phone repaired?

Thank you

-EDIT-
Okay, I've done some more reading and learnt a little more, which is great.

I believe I need recovery.img for 4.19.728.3, so that will match the software on my phone. I've tried stock recovery for 4.19.707.3 but that didn't work.

I wonder if I should downgrade everything. Say downgrade HBOOT to 1.39, then install stock software of 4.18 and removing SuperSU, then flash stock recovery, lock the phone and attempt a OTA update to update everything. I'm assuming an OTA update would update HBOOT to 1.73, the software to 4.19 and the recovery will also be updated to work. Is this a good solution perhaps?

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Okay I'm going crazy SuperSU is on my phone and I can't get rid of it. I couldn't uninstall it, so I re-rooted the phone, installed custom recovery, installed SuperSU binaries then tried to uninstall. But every reboot reinstalls the application. Argh!!!

Any help with this?

Okay fixed the SuperSU problem, unfortunately the Nadroid backup supplied was not a stock image, still worked though when I did a factory reset, restored nandroid backup, install SU binaries, uninstalled SuperSU from OS, restored recovery, locked OEM, downloaded OTA and installed it.

So it all looks good except the recovery option comes up with an image of a phone and a large red exclamation mark, I assume this means the recovery.img doesn't match. Is there a way to fix this as I'd like my phone repaired?

Thank you

-EDIT-
Okay, I've done some more reading and learnt a little more, which is great.

I believe I need recovery.img for 4.19.728.3, so that will match the software on my phone. I've tried stock recovery for 4.19.707.3 but that didn't work.

I wonder if I should downgrade everything. Say downgrade HBOOT to 1.39, then install stock software of 4.18 and removing SuperSU, then flash stock recovery, lock the phone and attempt a OTA update to update everything. I'm assuming an OTA update would update HBOOT to 1.73, the software to 4.19 and the recovery will also be updated to work. Is this a good solution perhaps?

You can't downgrade are you upgrade the stock rom to 4.19?
if you are on 3.17.728.x you need stock rom not rooted and stock recovery 3.17.728.x maybe you can try with stock recovery 4.19.728.x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    serialno:
    imei:

Thanks