How do I install a safestrap rom with i337 being unlocked to Tmobile

Search This thread

Stoowyguy

Account currently disabled
Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3

Rhymey

Apr 20, 2014
I'm trying to help a friend install some roms on his att gs4. I'm familiar with Tmobile s4 since i have one and often install custom roms but with att phone i see its a little different.

My main question is how do I get a rom on his phone without losing Tmobile unlock privileges he currently has.

also if someone could explain how this whole loki thing works that'd be awesome, like can i install tmo rom on his 337 or only att made roms

he's probably just looking to install a nice stable tw rom that is up to date with either 4.4.2 or 4.3

How to run other carrier roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2295557

All 4.4.2 i337 confirmed roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51130834

Stoowyguy

Account currently disabled
Dec 23, 2012
Lake in The Hills
Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful. :)

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan

Rhymey

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks, these are very good links and will be extremely helpful. :)

I'm just wondering what would happen if after I install a rom what or if I'll have to do anything to make them work with his tmo sim/plan

The only thing might be entering T-Mobiles apn settings. tell your friend to go to wireless/networks > more > mobile networks > access point names and have him make a .txt with everything there so he can key it in once he's on a new rom