[ROM] G2 D801 TMO LP Extreme v1.0 4/16/15

Search This thread

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Here's my personal rom that I've customized now that I temporarily have a T-Mobile G2.

Base: T-Mobile 30b kdz extracted
Kernel: Stock 30b kernel thank to snowlin.

Features:
**Wifi calling
**Debloated
**Rooted: Powered by SuperSU thanks to chainfire
**Host file adblocker
**G3 wallpaper for home and lockscreen that I resized to fit G2.
**Customer wallpaper thank to unknown xda user.
**38 dpi nav bar.
**LG boot and shutdown animation changed.
**usbautorun.iso removed.
**4k and slow motion video camera. Changed to Model F350K to unlock this hidden feature.
**Viper4Android thanks Viper520 (Works for stock music app)

HOW TO FLASH:

Step 1: Flash 30b bootstack

D801-30B-BOOTSTACK.zip

MD5: 3caae98045862971ddbca4637cfa76ad

Step 2: Full wipe unless already on 30b stock rom.

Step 3: Flash ROM.

Download: D801-G2-30b-LP-Extreme-v1.0.zip

MD5: 94e68fd721370b622dc8e382b398c6ac

Heres an older version of Google Play music that works works with Viper4Android. Uninstall previous version and manually install this one.

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161892587
-----------------------------------------

If you want to go back to any kk base, here's 20g bootstack:

D801-20G-BOOTSTACK.zip

-------------------------

BTW, no longer have TMO G2. Returned it and probably get a G3 or G4. Need wireless charging.

Support will be limited.
70de90abb85ea645ed4df7e8c87ec54e.jpg

379f328b2659296256c27006dc8abb79.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] D801 TMO LP Extreme v1.0 4/16/15 , ROM for the T-Mobile LG G2

Contributors
MicroMod777
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Firmware Required: 30b bootstack

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
Last Updated 2015-04-17

Last edited:

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Hello,

I cant thank you enough for making this rom. I recently ran into one problem though I flashed the stock G2 Lollipop 30b Stock rom and now I cant seem to get back into TWRP recovery.. What would you recommend to do.

Without being able to get into TWRP i cant flash this rom :(

Reactions: MicroMod777

igotroot

Dec 4, 2010
I am the new owner of a used g2 and I have my stock rom rooted. I have been waiting to select a custom ROM and finally someone has come up with something that I am going to try. So your new ROM will be the cherry popper.

Reactions: jamesd1085

gardobus

Oct 26, 2009
I've been on AOSP/CM based Lollipop ROMs for a while now. I've wanted to try LG's 5.0+ and I think your ROM is a good excuse to pull the trigger!

Will flash it this weekend.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Step 1) Link is dead

Could I just use (this) instead to root then proceed to install a custom recovery ?

Thanks for the fast response.
Thanks. Fixed link. [emoji1]
This is great!...I thought most tmo devs had moved on...thank you soooo much!
Well only had the tmo g2 for a day. Did as much as I could.
I am the new owner of a used g2 and I have my stock rom rooted. I have been waiting to select a custom ROM and finally someone has come up with something that I am going to try. So your new ROM will be the cherry popper.

I've been on AOSP/CM based Lollipop ROMs for a while now. I've wanted to try LG's 5.0+ and I think your ROM is a good excuse to pull the trigger!

Thanks. Hope u guys like it!

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
Awesome! Many thanks for this!

Quick question, if I changed the DPI to 400, do you think it'll affect Lollipop in any way? I did that with KK ROM's with no hitch so just making sure it won't on this one. Thanks!

staylecrate

Apr 10, 2014
Looks great! can't wait to try!

I can't wait to try this on my TMO G2. I am and have been running a stock firmware simply because none of the other interesting TMO G2/G3 ROMs offer wifi calling (which is a must when in my place).
Again awesome looking ROM! I was just going to run AutoRec then load this since I'm on a stock firmware. Shouldn't be any prob's right?

BTW, Which superUser version is on this? Any bugs to look out for?

Thanks!

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Awesome! Many thanks for this!

Quick question, if I changed the DPI to 400, do you think it'll affect Lollipop in any way? I did that with KK ROM's with no hitch so just making sure it won't on this one. Thanks!

Not sure, never tried it.

I can't wait to try this on my TMO G2. I am and have been running a stock firmware simply because none of the other interesting TMO G2/G3 ROMs offer wifi calling (which is a must when in my place).
Again awesome looking ROM! I was just going to run AutoRec then load this since I'm on a stock firmware. Shouldn't be any prob's right?

BTW, Which superUser version is on this? Any bugs to look out for?

Thanks!

Haven't tried autorec, but you can use my LP Freedom tool to get twrp if your on stock 30b.

xdaforums.com/tmobile-g2/development/tool-one-click-freedom-tool-lp-30b-twrp-t3084474

SuperUser is LP version.

Thank you for your work and time. Now to the question :) What exactly has been "debloated" from this ROM?

Most basic bloat stuff. Don't really have list. Just do a backup first.

BTW, no longer have TMO G2. Returning it and probably get a G3 or G3.

bbtinc70

May 25, 2014
How to enter engineering menu?

Like the Rom, but I have a quick question. How do I access the engineering menu? I noticed it now shows my phone as an F350k. I tried the codes for that and the D801 and neither work. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Like the Rom, but I have a quick question. How do I access the engineering menu? I noticed it now shows my phone as an F350k. I tried the codes for that and the D801 and neither work. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Flash this to restore your build.prop to D801, but you'll loose 4k and slow motion recording.

Download: LP-30b-Build.prop-RESTORE.zip

Reactions: doorman.jm

bbtinc70

May 25, 2014
TWRP installed.

I followed the instructions exactly and my TWRP went from 2.7.0.0 to a newer version (can't remember the exact number off the top of my head). My understanding is bootstack installs Twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my personal rom that I've customized now that I temporarily have a T-Mobile G2.

Base: T-Mobile 30b kdz extracted
    Kernel: Stock 30b kernel thank to snowlin.

Features:
    **Wifi calling
    **Debloated
    **Rooted: Powered by SuperSU thanks to chainfire
    **Host file adblocker
    **G3 wallpaper for home and lockscreen that I resized to fit G2.
    **Customer wallpaper thank to unknown xda user.
    **38 dpi nav bar.
    **LG boot and shutdown animation changed.
    **usbautorun.iso removed.
    **4k and slow motion video camera. Changed to Model F350K to unlock this hidden feature.
    **Viper4Android thanks Viper520 (Works for stock music app)

HOW TO FLASH:

Step 1: Flash 30b bootstack

D801-30B-BOOTSTACK.zip

MD5: 3caae98045862971ddbca4637cfa76ad

Step 2: Full wipe unless already on 30b stock rom.

Step 3: Flash ROM.

Download: D801-G2-30b-LP-Extreme-v1.0.zip

MD5: 94e68fd721370b622dc8e382b398c6ac

Heres an older version of Google Play music that works works with Viper4Android. Uninstall previous version and manually install this one.

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161892587
    -----------------------------------------

If you want to go back to any kk base, here's 20g bootstack:

D801-20G-BOOTSTACK.zip

-------------------------

BTW, no longer have TMO G2. Returned it and probably get a G3 or G4. Need wireless charging.

Support will be limited.
    70de90abb85ea645ed4df7e8c87ec54e.jpg

379f328b2659296256c27006dc8abb79.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] D801 TMO LP Extreme v1.0 4/16/15 , ROM for the T-Mobile LG G2

Contributors
    MicroMod777
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Firmware Required: 30b bootstack

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-04-17
    Step 1) Link is dead

Could I just use (this) instead to root then proceed to install a custom recovery ?

Thanks for the fast response.
    Thanks. Fixed link. [emoji1]
    Well only had the tmo g2 for a day. Did as much as I could.

Thanks. Hope u guys like it!
    Oh thats ok man. I have already the Verizon G2 that im using with tmobile. Only reason I got a tmo g2 was my wife broke her droid. She didnt like the g2. Probabby gonna upgrade to the g3 next week. After 2 years I'm trying to get away from g2. [emoji1]

Cool...thx anyway...couldn't hurt to try...most d801 support is gone as far as stock...thank you for the great work you did for us!
    I have a broken screen/digitizer d801 that I'm going to repair soon...if I donated it to you any chance you could help keep d801 in the loop?
    Oh thats ok man. I have already the Verizon G2 that im using with tmobile. Only reason I got a tmo g2 was my wife broke her droid. She didnt like the g2. Probabby gonna upgrade to the g3 next week. After 2 years I'm trying to get away from g2. [emoji1]