{List}[11.30.11] *VZW* CDMA i500 Roms/Kernels/Radios/Mods

Search This thread

lilballerlee

Jan 23, 2011
i love all of you kick ass fascinate devs here at xda and in general you guys ****in rock!
sent from a gingerbreaded galaxy s far far away from samsung's warranty <4

mgrimmenator

Dec 29, 2010
Texas
nitsuj17: suggestion if someone would put on here by the roms which ones are stable and have all features working and which ones are say still in beta or alpha release and don't have all features working just yet. This would make it a little easier deciding if you wanted to try or test that rom out or not.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
nitsuj17: suggestion if someone would put on here by the roms which ones are stable and have all features working and which ones are say still in beta or alpha release and don't have all features working just yet. This would make it a little easier deciding if you wanted to try or test that rom out or not.

I understand your point but everyone should the op of a particular rom and make their own judgments....me labeling something might prejudice someone against checking a rom out that they might otherwise have liked

davidwithers

Oct 7, 2010
picasa albums / sms count lock screen

I read in another post that you had to install the 3d gallery .apk to get the gallery to show albums. While this added a second gallery, it still didn't add the albums.

second issue is that I use go sms and the lock screen show that I have hundreds of unread messages. How do I tell the lock screen to access go sms

deitiphobia

Nov 25, 2010
Pasadena, CA
I recommend Vanilla Gingerbread

I used MIUI for 2 days and really loved it, except for one major problem, my battery life was terrible. My phone would drain 10% every 30 minutes if I just let it sit there without touching it. I was gettting 6hrs tops usage. This is even after a battery stats wipe.

I moved on over to the latest daily of Cyanogen Mod, and found that there were significant bugs. Like the radio would just shut off every few minutes. A few times a day would be OK to deal with, but having the radio shut off a few times per hour is just way too much of a hassle.

So last night I switched to Vanilla Gingerbread, and it seems like the battery is not draining particularly fast at all. It's looking like I will make it through the work day just fine. That's really all I ask for out of a battery, anything more than that is a bonus.

No problems with radio turning off on Vanilla Gingerbread either. So far no major issues have arisen. Oh except for one, for some reason I can not activate the phone via *228 on any of these roms. I can only do so on Froyo based roms. I'm going to call verizon and try and do it with a person on the phone instead of just the automated way. Hopefully they will get it done without any fuss.

knowah

Jun 7, 2009
Gulfport, MS
So I have a question. I have the Samsung i500 through cellular south.

Is there anything that would stop these from working on my phone?

And is there a way to extract/backup the stock rom? I have yet to see a backup on the forums.

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
I used MIUI for 2 days and really loved it, except for one major problem, my battery life was terrible. My phone would drain 10% every 30 minutes if I just let it sit there without touching it. I was gettting 6hrs tops usage. This is even after a battery stats wipe.

I moved on over to the latest daily of Cyanogen Mod, and found that there were significant bugs. Like the radio would just shut off every few minutes. A few times a day would be OK to deal with, but having the radio shut off a few times per hour is just way too much of a hassle.

So last night I switched to Vanilla Gingerbread, and it seems like the battery is not draining particularly fast at all. It's looking like I will make it through the work day just fine. That's really all I ask for out of a battery, anything more than that is a bonus.

No problems with radio turning off on Vanilla Gingerbread either. So far no major issues have arisen. Oh except for one, for some reason I can not activate the phone via *228 on any of these roms. I can only do so on Froyo based roms. I'm going to call verizon and try and do it with a person on the phone instead of just the automated way. Hopefully they will get it done without any fuss.

I think you should give it a few days before finally deciding it aint good ,
may be flash the new ROm when u are 100% in battery and after flashing the ROM , when u are below 20% , then charge the battery and do the calibration.

I mean , charge to full when the mobile is on , then disconnect
turn off
charge to 100% again
disconnect
turn the phone on
charge again to 100%
disconnect
turn off > boot into recovery and delete b.stats

This is wht the folks out here have guided me to and i have found this useful :)

regards

mkropf

Aug 7, 2011
Yes thank you!

Sent from the most custom, custom rom Miui 1.9.16 and currently the best kernel Jt

scarfman4

Jan 19, 2011
I would repost this as a new thread in the Q&A section before you start getting flamed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Przekret

Oct 3, 2008
Plock
www.sampro.pl
I500DDEI30

Android 2.2.2

Code:
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                           
ro.build.id=FROYO                                                                         
ro.build.display.id=FROYO.EI30                                                            
ro.build.version.incremental=EI30                                                         
ro.build.version.sdk=8                                                                    
ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                             
ro.build.version.release=2.2.2                                                            
ro.build.date=2011. 09. 30. (금) 10:04:16 KST                                            
ro.build.date.utc=1317344656                                                              
ro.build.type=user                                                                        
ro.build.user=se.infra                                                                    
ro.build.host=SEI-15                                                                      
ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                                
ro.product.model=SCH-I500                                                                 
ro.product.brand=samsung                                                                  
ro.product.name=SCH-I500                                                                  
ro.product.device=SCH-I500                                                                
ro.product.board=SCH-I500                                                                 
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a                                                            
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi                                                               
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung                                                           
ro.product.locale.language=en                                                             
ro.product.locale.region=GB                                                               
ro.wifi.channels=                                                                         
ro.board.platform=s5pc110                                                                 
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                                     
ro.build.product=SCH-I500                                                                 
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                                
ro.build.description=SCH-I500-user 2.2.2 FROYO EI30 release-keys                          
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.2.2/FROYO/EI30:user/release-keys
# Samsung Specific Properties                                                             
ro.build.PDA=SCH-I500DDEI30                                                               
ro.build.hidden_ver=SCH-I500DDEI30                                                        
ro.build.changelist=000000                                                                
ro.tether.denied=false                                                                    
# end build properties

http://hotfile.com/dl/131276559/09ecbe4/SCH-I500_SCH-I500DDEI30_DD_REL.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl

Bangout82

Jan 5, 2007
NJ
xcuse my lack of knowing it all, but I was just wondering what is the difference from an "android 2.3" or a "2.2" ...i'm assuming this is the firmware version? i know my Si-500 has the froyo 2.2 update...is there a way to change or update this? just lookin to enhance my knowledge of gettin to know my phone...

Top Liked Posts