[Q] [Q's] SGSII I777 Help!

Search This thread

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Sure.

Use the UCLL6 plus root package from the link. The one-click downloader is easiest. Then, if you want, install Mobile Odin lite or Mobile Odin pro and use it to flash a custom kernel such as AJK or Siyah.

And... I would suggest you read through the first link in my signature to learn the basics.

Dude I just updated to official ics 4.0.4 and flashed kernel siyah 4,the problem I am facing is scroll lag maybe the screen has became less responsive after update,it also lags while typing...what do u think this problem is bcz of kernel or rom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Dude I just updated to official ics 4.0.4 and flashed kernel siyah 4,the problem I am facing is scroll lag maybe the screen has became less responsive after update,it also lags while typing...what do u think this problem is bcz of kernel or rom?

Its the system firmware, not the kernel. Otherwise, no opinion, as I've never run 4.0.4.

You're rooted with Siyah kernel, so why not flash one of the fine roms available here. If you prefer samsung touchwiz, you might try SHOstock3.

The custom roms generally run much better than stock.

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
Its the system firmware, not the kernel. Otherwise, no opinion, as I've never run 4.0.4.

You're rooted with Siyah kernel, so why not flash one of the fine roms available here. If you prefer samsung touchwiz, you might try SHOstock3.

The custom roms generally run much better than stock.

SHOstock2 is ROM that will work with siyah 4 which is ICS kernel not SHOstock3,right? or I can run SHOstock3 also with siyah 4...??Can i flash any ROM I want with siyah??AOKP AOSP whats the difference?
And can u plz explain me what are tweaks and MODs?
I have this v4.3.3 - ICS without mic swap....

Last edited:

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
SHOstock2 is ROM that will work with siyah 4 which is ICS kernel not SHOstock3,right? or I can run SHOstock3 also with siyah 4...??Can i flash any ROM I want with siyah??AOKP AOSP whats the difference?

If you're asking these questions you shouldn't do anything until you've done your research.

Sent from my Zanpakuto using Getsuga Tensho!

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
He means all the information you're asking for is already available for you to find right here. On this forum. Having us do it for you seems a bit much dont you think?

Well I'm not forcing anyone to help,if someone wanna help he can help and further I am using tapatalk which sucks when u wanna search something and I searched several times for the info but could not find anything helpful and this guy creepyncrawly seems very frank and helpful user so I wanna ask as much as I can,answering is his decision.

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
Well I'm not forcing anyone to help,if someone wanna help he can help and further I am using tapatalk which sucks when u wanna search something and I searched several times for the info but could not find anything helpful and this guy creepyncrawly seems very frank and helpful user so I wanna ask as much as I can,answering is his decision.

The Tapatalk excuse is the lamest excuse in the book. If you Google anything and add xda at the end of it you'll get good results.

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010

All of this doesn't matter. When you flash SHOstock3, or any other firmware package, Samsung based or AOSP based, it will flash the correct kernel with the system.

Which points out why others said to study and read, because the above is the most basic type of info that you should already know if you are flashing your phone. The best advice I can give, is make sure you know exactly what you are doing before you do it, or in other words, wait until you do understand before you flash anything.

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
The Tapatalk excuse is the lamest excuse in the book. If you Google anything and add xda at the end of it you'll get good results.

I'm talking 'bout the search of tapatalk itself.It does not seem helpful to me.

OK I APPPOLOGISE I won't post until I read the basics. :)
But u guys should also help a newbie :(

Last edited:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
I'm talking 'bout the search of tapatalk itself.It does not seem helpful to me.

OK I APPPOLOGISE I won't post until I read the basics. :)
But u guys should also help a newbie :(
We do help all newbies, especially you, out a lot.
As I mentioned in the very beginning of your thread, I gave you a head-up, next is yours, spend time and read more to gain much knowledge as possible. I did say that, didn't I? I understand you'd love to ask more instead of reading but put it this way. Today, mostwantedht, a newbie, asks "how do I root my phone?" Fair, we provide answer. Tomorrow, mostwantedht's friend, another newbie, asks "how do I root my phone?" ............ and this keep happening daily, what do you think? Should we be here daily to repeat the how-tos or newbies should at least "search"?
You, specifically, are one of the lucky one that your thread does indeed last 4 or maybe even 5 pages and especially creepyncrawly has spent time to answer and guide you through almost one-by-one. Others, not so much of luck since they would be shot down right away. There is no rule forces you to stop asking but at least, you should get the most basic part. Trust me, the more you read, the more you gain info hence knowledge and the less suffering when comes to flashing new ROMs.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

mostwantedht

Apr 10, 2013
Karachi
We do help all newbies, especially you, out a lot.
As I mentioned in the very beginning of your thread, I gave you a head-up, next is yours, spend time and read more to gain much knowledge as possible. I did say that, didn't I? I understand you'd love to ask more instead of reading but put it this way. Today, mostwantedht, a newbie, asks "how do I root my phone?" Fair, we provide answer. Tomorrow, mostwantedht's friend, another newbie, asks "how do I root my phone?" ............ and this keep happening daily, what do you think? Should we be here daily to repeat the how-tos or newbies should at least "search"?
You, specifically, are one of the lucky one that your thread does indeed last 4 or maybe even 5 pages and especially creepyncrawly has spent time to answer and guide you through almost one-by-one. Others, not so much of luck since they would be shot down right away. There is no rule forces you to stop asking but at least, you should get the most basic part. Trust me, the more you read, the more you gain info hence knowledge and the less suffering when comes to flashing new ROMs.
Thats what i wrote in my last post that I won't post until I read basics and I also appologised then whats the sense posting here again and again making me realize I did wrong :rolleyes:
And what do u think I didn't search?I couldn't find many things thats why posted here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone!
    This is my first thread on XDA.Hope I'll get quick and helpful replies :)
    I just bought a samsung galaxy s2 at&t variant,the phone is rooted and superuser is intalled but its not rooted with clockworkmod bcz when I try to go into recovery it takes me to something like android 3e recovery,so my question is will I be able to flash s2 using this android 3e recovery if not should I root my s2 again and if yes then how,whats the easiest way to root it again with cwm?I've experience rooting with odin...
    Once the rooting is done then how to flash custom rom without risk of getting bricked?
    Another question is my phone is unlocked now and will I loose it after flashing?Suppose my phone is locked again so will I be able to unlock it through galaxsim or similar softwares without any hazard and use any sim I want?I read somewhere that its important to use the same software for unlocking again that u used before,is this true?
    My phone is running on 2.3.4 and I want to upgrade to either ICS or JB.Are there stable JB and ICS roms available for s2 i777?
    Is there any official update of android for I777?
    Some more info:
    Baseband Version:I777UCKH7
    Kernel Version:2.6.35.7
    Build Number:GINGERBREAD.UCKH7

Thanks.
    I'll give you a quick head-up then you go off and do your own.
    In the bold, since it's rooted, get the Odin Mobile, flash the custom kernel which should already included the CwMR. From there, boot into CwMR and flash any custom ROM you want.
    The open sentence, you said the phone is rooted, then you asked how to root, I think you need to understand more. Anyway, read those Stickies threads more and more. For the starter, search for "creepyncrawly" and read ALL threads in his signature.
    Not trying to be mean here, but every single question you asked has already been answered and is freely available here on xda to read. Read every sticky note (those are important threads) and search for any issues you have questions about, either using google or xda searche. I realize its easier for you just to ask. But a lot of time and effort was made to make the threads that already exist to help new members and allow our forums to remain unclogged with many threads pertaining to the same questions. I do wish you all the best, and it can be overwhelming. But we've all got to be held to the same standard . ;)
    Dude is there any risk of getting my phone locked after updating to this package?

Not really sure, but probably not. AFAIK, most of the lost unlocks happen with Jelly Bean. But if it does happen, you should be able to unlock it again with galaxsim unlock.

And what would u suggest me to install custom ROM or the official one!

Depends on what you want. UCLL6 is Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.0.4. If you prefer Jelly Bean, there are several great firmware distributions, both Samsung based and AOSP based, available in the development section of this forum.

In one-click downloader update,what will I have to do?Just to open some app or any other thing?

1. Enter recovery and perform a wipe data/factory reset.
    2. Open one-click downloader on your pc's desktop.
    3. Put your phone into download mode.
    4. When the phone is recognized in the one-click downloader, press start.

If you need detailed descriptions of these steps, read the guides linked in my signature.

After the phone restarts with UCLL6 stock plus root, I would suggest you use Mobile Odin to install a custom kernel as I mentioned before. The phone will run better, and you avoid the possibility of the eMMC cap erase bug, if that still exists in the stock UCLL6 kernel (which is unknown).

If you want custom firmware instead of stock, you are now ready to use ClockworkMod Recovery to flash that new firmware.
    Is there any official update of android for I777?

I777UCKH7 Gingerbread 2.3.4 (original release firmware)
    I777UCKK6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 (various issues)
    I777UCLE5 ICS 4.0.3 (the kernel may have contained eMMC cap erase bug)
    I777UCLC3 ICS 4.0.4 (serious sleep of death issue)
    I777UCLL6 ICS 4.0.4 (fixes sleep of death issue)

See the links in my signature for 1,3 and 5 firmware downloads. Also see my signature to discover my favorite Jelly Bean.
    Can I get that UCLL6 update on my device that is with UCKH7?

Sure.

Use the UCLL6 plus root package from the link. The one-click downloader is easiest. Then, if you want, install Mobile Odin lite or Mobile Odin pro and use it to flash a custom kernel such as AJK or Siyah.

And... I would suggest you read through the first link in my signature to learn the basics.