Nexus-S is Google's iPhone ?

Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
I think the Nexus phones are Google's iPhone. It is untouched by Carrier bloatware, and untouched by phone brand UI's. This is the "pure" Android experience, sort of how iPhone is the "pure" Apple phone experience, but they only have one phone anyways, so sort of hard to compare, but you get my drift, like how the iPhone doesn't have ATT programs on there is my point.

Is the Nexus-S gonna be the top dog hardware, no. But it will always be up to date with the current OS, and not really needing any custom roms, just a root. Sure in two months from now, there will be dual cores etc...but they will also have Moto blur, or TouchWiz, or Sense UI, and then have Verizon Bing search, or ATT crap ware. You will have to run a custom rom on those just to get it back to a Nexus experience, and roms can get buggy or flaky. I like the virgin Nexus, even if she is a little slower.

Every Christmas time there will be a new Nexus, running the latest "pure" aOS, sort of like every summer there is a new iPhone. I hope this keeps going

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
I think the Nexus phones are Google's iPhone. It is untouched by Carrier bloatware, and untouched by phone brand UI's. This is the "pure" Android experience, sort of how iPhone is the "pure" Apple phone experience, but they only have one phone anyways, so sort of hard to compare, but you get my drift, like how the iPhone doesn't have ATT programs on there is my point.

Is the Nexus-S gonna be the top dog hardware, no. But it will always be up to date with the current OS, and not really needing any custom roms, just a root. Sure in two months from now, there will be dual cores etc...but they will also have Moto blur, or TouchWiz, or Sense UI, and then have Verizon Bing search, or ATT crap ware. You will have to run a custom rom on those just to get it back to a Nexus experience, and roms can get buggy or flaky. I like the virgin Nexus, even if she is a little slower.

Every Christmas time there will be a new Nexus, running the latest "pure" aOS, sort of like every summer there is a new iPhone. I hope this keeps going

Good points. I agree, this is the reason I am attracted to it. I'm considering getting it for almost the sole reason of it being "pure" with no carrier bloat or branding.

And also the fact that it will receive updates from Google and not be held up by carriers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

LoveisPeace2012

Jun 18, 2010
It sure is looking like that I just went to a couple best buys and there ALL sold out before noon!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

derek4484

Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
Yea, if I'd have known there was a Nexus S coming out, I would have never gotten my Galaxy S. I'd have waited. The best part about the Nexus phones is the stock Android and you know you'll always be the first to get updated OS from Google. Samsung is absolutely **** when it comes to software updates. Always have been, always will be.