[GB Firmwares] XWJVN, DDJV9, XWJVK, XXJVQ, RSJV3 and more [Download]

Search This thread

omeryounos

Dec 16, 2010
Rotterdam
Feels like I've burnt 1000 books :-(

Mate warned me that samsung are phoning places about this.

I haven't had a call yet but don't want one.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Yes it is sad.....such a good knowledge base....but my friend you contributed well to this community....& now Ramad will take the torch forward.......I hope you don't get a call.....:rolleyes:

duckbill22

Jan 29, 2011
Have I missed something?

What has happened to this thread? I seems to have shrunken in size. Much of which was a slight waste with all the repititions, but some of it was useful.

gtluis

Sep 21, 2010
Dallas
This is screen off animation only

Instrucctions:
0. Copy this file into your sdcard root

Using adb:

1. mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system (remember to make 'su' command first)
2. cp /system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard/download (this makes a backup of original file on download directory)
3. rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk (remove orginal file)
4. cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework/ (put modified file)
5. reboot

Using a root file manager:

1. Mount System as Read/write
2. Browse to /sdcard/ and copy framework-res.apk file (copy the modified framework-res.apk file)
3. Browse to /System/framework/ and select paste
4. Confirm overwrite, phone might get frozen
5. reboot

Credits for this file to Daneshm90

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    4.6 MB · Views: 302
Last edited:

teltel

Feb 19, 2009
You can flash with:
No pit and no re-partition.
or
You can flash with any pit you like and re-partition.

Flashing by selecting pit and not checking re-partition is waste of energy and time, Odin will not care and will use the partitions on the device then.
I've spent all my "Thanks" on your posts today, wish i have more rights. But, let me tell you: Thank you very much..

mossy1963

Nov 28, 2010
Cardiff
Ironic - just got gingerbread now you better turn your phone off just in case.

Best of luck

Sent from my GTI9000 using XDA App, gingerbread 2.2.3 rooted, ADW launcher + gingerbread theme

gtluis

Sep 21, 2010
Dallas
Ironic - just got gingerbread now you better turn your phone off just in case.

Best of luck

Sent from my GTI9000 using XDA App, gingerbread 2.2.3 rooted, ADW launcher + gingerbread theme

?? I don't get this right, Samsung is calling people who is flashing Gingerbread??? or are they calling forums to delete threads about Gingerbread?? or both?!?

$omator

Dec 26, 2010
tri(p) city
www.facebook.com
JVK ODEX ---> crt + % battery + extended power menu + animation(s) + lockscreen

I RECOMEND FLASHING THOSE FILES ONLY ON RFS
YOU CAN TRY ON EXT4 BUT YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY

STILL YOU CAN EXTRACT THEM AND FLASH MANUALY ON EXT4

How to install:
1) Copy files to Internal SDCARD
2) Follow the procedure from screenshots:

or use CWM app from your appdrawer...Flash an uptate.zip from menu... pick modification and let it do the magic...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=NOTIFICATION AREA MODIFICATIONS - ALWAYS UPLOAD RESTORE ORIGINAL FILES WITH MOD=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>> DOWNLOAD <<
CWM_restore_notification.zip - restoring stock JVK icons
70310785.png

Notification bar icons (Wi-Fi, network coverage bars, etc.):
Turn green when you have an uninhibited connection to Google, white when you don't.
Hint: if you're in a hotel or airport using Wi-Fi, the bars won't turn green until you launch the browser and get past the captive portal.

>> DOWNLOAD <<
CWM_green_notification_icons.zip - green when fully conected
70310785.png

screenshotbn.png

>> DOWNLOAD <<
CWM_nexuss_notification_icons.zip - green + icons from Nexus S
screenshothnc.png

92345707.png

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=OTHER MODIFICATIONS - ALWAYS UPLOAD RESTORE ORIGINAL FILES WITH MOD=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This is how it looks:

BACKUP Restoring original files -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN + FLIP/FLYIN ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN + FLYIN ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN + FLIP ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + FLYIN ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

statsysbattery24.png
statsysbattery39.png
statsysbattery99.png
BATTERY MOD:
CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN + FLIP/FLYIN ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN + FLYIN ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<http://www.multiupload.com/75IPO4F58C

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + AOSP LOCKSCREEN + FLIP ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<http://www.multiupload.com/MRDP4QHWOI

CRT SCREEN OFF + BATTERY MOD + EXTENDED POWER MENU + FLYIN ANIMATIONS -> >> DOWNLOAD LINK <<

Last edited:

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
I have updated post #1 with informations on how to flash and when to use pit, I will keep adding all the informations, as soon as I have more time I will add all your contributions to first post, please keep it all JVK, we don't need files from JV1.

Thanks for all your contributions guys :)

Next step...Swype info :D

mossy1963

Nov 28, 2010
Cardiff
Correct. jvk was leaked here on xda on saturday. Samsung are trying to find the source of the leak. There is no implication for anyone other than him. I hope he remains undiscovered because he has done us all a massive favour. Chill everybody

lttldvl

Feb 17, 2011
Inverurie
Any one know what swype version comes with JVK and if spanish language is included?

I didn't see Spanish in the languages, however the version that comes with the package is 2.26.68.19015.1027.GTI9000.

And a big thanks for uploading this, this was my first ever flash, and it was completely straightforward, with absolutely zero errors. All I can say is that I have some great teachers here :D

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
CF-Root for JVK released, including CWM3/RFS: click here for the thread.

Note that you should not manually install busybox from Market for this. Busybox is included. If specific apps need specific busybox version, the good apps download and install their own private versions.

Sweet, does it matter if i allready have root and installed busybox from market?
Is it ok just to uninstall busybox first and then apply the kernel even if i have root?

Cheers,

/qsec

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Sweet, does it matter if i allready have root and installed busybox from market?
Is it ok just to uninstall busybox first and then apply the kernel even if i have root?

Cheers,

/qsec

It'll just overwrite the root, but I'd advise to manually uninstall the busybox you installed from Market. It may not be an issue, but lets be safe :)

Reactions: qsec

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
It'll just overwrite the root, but I'd advise to manually uninstall the busybox you installed from Market. It may not be an issue, but lets be safe :)

Thanks, i'll try it later.
Uninstall busybox, should i remove it manually from system/xbin & system/bin?
Or is it enough to just inistall the apk?

/qsec

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts