Galaxy SIII Flashed 2 Boost Mobile

Search This thread

amirs10000

Mar 21, 2010
Wanted: Flashing s3 tutorial for $100

Yes, I figured that before posting. It however is still operating at 1xRTT. So there must be something else I'm missing that needs to be changed in DFS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

If anybody out there that knows how to fully flash the Galaxy s3 to boost mobile please let me know I am willing to pay $100 through paypal.com. I have CDMA workshop 3.7.5 paid version and have qpst 366 version. please pm me
thank you

rmyc

Mar 2, 2007
did any of you manage to get the s3 to work, trying to see if i should cancel my sprint or now

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Got it working on SERO plan, but only voice, SMS, 1XRTT data. Still figuring out 3G.

grimmace4

Feb 13, 2011
Dorr
I didn't have a problem getting 3g. I enabled profile 0 and entered the NAI. Then entered the HA (secret) in string form. Then I entered my 32 digit AAA password in hex form.

Then I went to profile 1 and only entered my NAI (name@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com). I made sure profile 1 was enabled and restarted the phone.

I performed a ##72786# and the device rebooted and went through hands-free activation. It was successful. I did a profile update, then a prl update just for good measure and they both worked.

grimmace4

Feb 13, 2011
Dorr
The bottom two are on 3g. The top one is wifi. The other two are 1x speeds in my area.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342646798014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342646798014.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,393

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
I didn't have a problem getting 3g. I enabled profile 0 and entered the NAI. Then entered the HA (secret) in string form. Then I entered my 32 digit AAA password in hex form.

Then I went to profile 1 and only entered my NAI (name@myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com). I made sure profile 1 was enabled and restarted the phone.

I performed a ##72786# and the device rebooted and went through hands-free activation. It was successful. I did a profile update, then a prl update just for good measure and they both worked.

You're skipping a very crucial point. Where/how did you enable profile 0 and what did you use? We're all having issues with trying to get QPST to talk to the S3 so that we can enable profile 0, yet you just enabled it...etc. What steps did you take, pls?

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009

I did that too...let me try again. I assume you used DFS? I can't get the newest QPST to read...tries to and then i get an error.

grimmace4

Feb 13, 2011
Dorr
You're skipping a very crucial point. Where/how did you enable profile 0 and what did you use? We're all having issues with trying to get QPST to talk to the S3 so that we can enable profile 0, yet you just enabled it...etc. What steps did you take, pls?

Easy there tiger, when I say enabled, I mean I literally just checked the box in CDMA Workshop M.IP profiles that says "profile enabled" under Profile 0. My phone was brand new out of the box so it hadn't been activated yet. None of my profiles had anything in them.

Attachments

• CDMA.JPG
    CDMA.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,977

grimmace4

Feb 13, 2011
Dorr
I did that too...let me try again. I assume you used DFS? I can't get the newest QPST to read...tries to and then i get an error.

I used QPST 2.7 Build 378 and CDMA Workshop 3.8.0.

I used QPST EFS Explorer to pull the NV items 465, 466, 1192, and 1194 for a backup before I changed all the numbers. Once the Profile 0 AAA Password is written over you cannot get it back. I suppose you could change the numbers in these files and drag them back to EFS Explorer to write them to the phone if you wanted but I did not do it that way.

I then used CDMA Workshop to write the NAI (MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com) and Profile 0 AAA Password (32 Hex Digits) into these fields I have highlighted. Then I went into the M.IP tab and filled out all the profile 0 and profile 1 stuff.

Attachments

• EVDO.JPG
    EVDO.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,029

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC

Easy there tiger, when I say enabled, I mean I literally just checked the box in CDMA Workshop M.IP profiles that says "profile enabled" under Profile 0. My phone was brand new out of the box so it hadn't been activated yet. None of my profiles had anything in them.

Ah ha, I understand now. Cheapo's like me don't have the full current version of CDMAWS. Anyway i was able to achieve some success with a combo of an old version of CDMAWS and the trial version of DFS. (Not really sure if DFS did anything per se). I'm no longer showing as being on 1xrtt but EvDo-rev.A.

grimmace4

Feb 13, 2011
Dorr
Ah ha, I understand now. Cheapo's like me don't have the full current version of CDMAWS. Anyway i was able to achieve some success with a combo of an old version of CDMAWS and the trial version of DFS. (Not really sure if DFS did anything per se). I'm no longer showing as being on 1xrtt but EvDo-rev.A.

Yeah, I bought the software Feb 2011 for my first flash. I did mine and my wifes, then started doing them for family. Then for a local cell repair place on a one-off basis. It has definitely paid for itself already.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I might as well supply a link to QPST 2.7 Build 378 :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vd44blgyum5p5zo

Last edited:

rmyc

Mar 2, 2007
quick q, does it have to be an incognito or can i use a SanyoJuno or motorola theory

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008

Can you share with us what you did? Screen shots would be great. Still stuck at 1xRTT. Thanks!

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
I broke down and purchased the latest CDMA Workshop. I have been wanting to for awhile so I figured this would be as good a time as any. Says it can take up to 24 hours to receive. I will let you know how it does.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

I used QPST EFS Explorer to pull the NV items 465, 466, 1192, and 1194 for a backup before I changed all the numbers. Once the Profile 0 AAA Password is written over you cannot get it back. I suppose you could change the numbers in these files and drag them back to EFS Explorer to write them to the phone if you wanted but I did not do it that way.

I then used CDMA Workshop to write the NAI (MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com) and Profile 0 AAA Password (32 Hex Digits) into these fields I have highlighted. Then I went into the M.IP tab and filled out all the profile 0 and profile 1 stuff.

I was just curious why you used EFS Explorer to backup your NV items? Wouldn't CDMA Workshop do this also? Just wondering because I just purchased CDMAWS and am awaiting there email.

grimmace4

Feb 13, 2011
Dorr
I was just curious why you used EFS Explorer to backup your NV items? Wouldn't CDMA Workshop do this also? Just wondering because I just purchased CDMAWS and am awaiting there email.

With the older version I could not read the NV Items. I could only write to them. I believe this has been fixed in the newer versions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got the passwords... hit the thanks

but all credits go to sedds89

16 digit passwords are the same as the s3 versions
    uscc-2010031619780721
    verizon-2009031920090615
    sprint-01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219

code works on S4 too
    All his Big Brothers have been taken down ......... Epic 4G, EVO 4G, EVO Shift, EVO 3D, Epic 4G Touch, Nexus S. and even some VZN Phones have all been Flashed over to Boost Mobile, will the Almightily Heavy weight champion of the Smartphone WORLD be a challenge?? I'm planning to take him down (KTFO) as soon as I receive it in my Lake of the Woods next week. But if you take him down first tell us about it............Happy Flashing :)
    I finally got 3G working using DFS 4.0.0.4.

1) Go to the Programming tab.

2) Click on the Data sub tab.

2a) Click on Read button.

3) Under PAP:
    UID: samsung01@sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: samsung

4) Under HDR AN:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

5) Under HDR AN Long:
    UID: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

6) Put a check mark on "Authentication require password encryption"

7) Click on the Write button

8) Goto the Mobile IP sub tab.

8a) Click on Read button.

9) Right click on the first Profile radio button (that's Profile 0), and enable it.

10) Click on the Write button

11) On the Selected Profile settings section:
    NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
    Home address: 0.0.0.0
    Prim HA address: 68.28.15.12
    Sec HA address: 68.28.31.12
    AAA Shared Secret: enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password (put check mark on "Enter value in HEX")
    HA Shared Secret: secret (remove check mark on "Enter value in HEX"

12) Click on Write current profile settings.

13) Reboot the phone. Then run the Update Profile and Update PRL on your Galaxy S3.

14) Done.

The settings above is to activate the Galaxy S3 on a legacy Sprint account like SERO. I believe it will also work for Boost. I left Profile 1 alone since the Update Profile automatically takes care of this for you...and so it doesn't matter if you're activating this on SERO or Boost.
    I flashed the galaxy s3 to boost with 3g internet how can you get the mms working on it and I tried restoring apn with a apn backup restore but it says can't do that in 4.0

any help would be appreciated
    thank you for 16 digit code.

Root your phone if it isn't already then..Get the paid version of root explorer.. Then push apn backup & restore to system apps..reboot into recovery wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, go to advanced fix permissions..reboot got back to apn app hit menu and disable the ics check... Now you got working mms... Cheers (also wiping the caches isn't needed I just like to do it)

Edit: Before doing the above steps ##3282# change the mms url to mm.myboostmobile.com, then back up that apn with the app or if you already have that apn xml then your golden, ics won't allow you to restore the apn if you don't follow the instructions up top.. Hit the thanks button if I helped you, also these instructions are in the play store under the apps description.. I take no credit into finding this I just read alot..lol give it a shot mms should work properly without the use of go sms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    So overall, is everyone having pretty good success with moving their sprint gs3 phone to boost? I just lost my 25% discount and I am considering paying the $350 to get out of my contract and move to boost or might even try pageplus if the phone can do it. Pageplus seems like it would be a better deal as Verizon has a faster network in my area. They got LTE before we even got wimax.

I got mine going works great I did a tutorial go here to see it http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1064-got-my-Galaxy-S3-on-Boost-Mobile