nexus 5 unresponsive screen

Search This thread

Cam R

Jan 29, 2012
Edmonton
This morning I got a text and went to unlock my phone, and suddenly the screen wasn't working and I could see dim horizontal lines on the screen which are flickering. All buttons work perfectly fine and I have a live wallpaper which is still working, it seems that everything is working fine except for the touchscreen. I tried soft resetting it a few times, nothing makes a difference.. at this time it has been about 6 hours and the screen is still unresponsive. The phone isn't rooted and is completely stock.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Docarut

Nov 13, 2010
I doubt this is the problem. On another forum screen protector was interfering with proximity sensor of the phone. Just throwing that out there.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
This morning I got a text and went to unlock my phone, and suddenly the screen wasn't working and I could see dim horizontal lines on the screen which are flickering. All buttons work perfectly fine and I have a live wallpaper which is still working, it seems that everything is working fine except for the touchscreen. I tried soft resetting it a few times, nothing makes a difference.. at this time it has been about 6 hours and the screen is still unresponsive. The phone isn't rooted and is completely stock.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Probably a defective digitizer, RMA or repair under warranty bro. Good luck.

Cam R

Jan 29, 2012
Edmonton
Probably a defective digitizer, RMA or repair under warranty bro. Good luck.

I figured as much, I was hoping there was a quick fix.. I have a skin on the phone which i doubt ill be able to save when I get a replacement, also.. I have no way to backup my phone that I'm aware of.

Thanks though.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I figured as much, I was hoping there was a quick fix.. I have a skin on the phone which i doubt ill be able to save when I get a replacement, also.. I have no way to backup my phone that I'm aware of.

Thanks though.

You can backup your apps and its data with adb. Type in cmd: adb backup -apk -noshared -all -nosystem. To restore later type: adb restore backup.ab. Can`t you copy files from the phone to the pc? Here are some more adb commands http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/general/guide-phone-backup-unlock-root-t1420351.

Last edited:

Cam R

Jan 29, 2012
Edmonton

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi, Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get it to work, would having a passcode have something to do with it?

I never use a password, you can set one though, you can create the password yourself mate :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cam R

Jan 29, 2012
Edmonton
I never use a password, you can set one though, you can create the password yourself mate :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

You misunderstood :p. I have a passcode, would it be interfering with being able to do anything from my pc? I don't seem to be having any luck -.- . Since the touchscreen is unresponsive, I can't do anything from the phone aside from factory reset..which I don't want to do.

When I open command prompt and type in "adb devices" My phone doesn't come up.. I downloaded all latest drivers and programs, followed a guide.. and it still doesnt work. I'm not sure hahah.

Last edited: