[Q] Bypass lock screen (special circumstances)

Search This thread

thazzle

Apr 15, 2014
Hello,
I have a Motorola Razr Maxx that is running the latest OS, and is rooted. I recently broke my screen and cannot get past the lock screen so I can start my VNC server (to continue using my phone without the screen). I have searched through what seems to be all posts on bypassing pattern lock and I have not been able to succeed yet due to permission denial for super user in ADB, not having sqlite3 on my phone, and not being able to flash anything onto it in recovery mode.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to bypass the lock screen without any use of the touchscreen? I have debugging mode on, and I have a access to view what is on the screen via hdmi cable or remote viewer.
Thanks in advance.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello,
I have a Motorola Razr Maxx that is running the latest OS, and is rooted. I recently broke my screen and cannot get past the lock screen so I can start my VNC server (to continue using my phone without the screen). I have searched through what seems to be all posts on bypassing pattern lock and I have not been able to succeed yet due to permission denial for super user in ADB, not having sqlite3 on my phone, and not being able to flash anything onto it in recovery mode.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to bypass the lock screen without any use of the touchscreen? I have debugging mode on, and I have a access to view what is on the screen via hdmi cable or remote viewer.
Thanks in advance.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2620456

Do you have the SafeStrap recovery? Root adb commands might work from there.

Tory Gaurnier

Mar 28, 2014
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

As long as your phone is rooted you should be able to do
Code:
adb shell su

If you've never given adb su priviledges before it may not work, in which case you should boot to recovery (if your rooted I'm assuming you have proper recover installed, and if you don't shame on you ;) )

Any recover based on TWRP (SafeStrap, ClockworkMod, etc.) should give you adb access, you might need to mount the system partition though.

thazzle

Apr 15, 2014
Code:
adb shell su

If you've never given adb su priviledges before it may not work, in which case you should boot to recovery (if your rooted I'm assuming you have proper recover installed, and if you don't shame on you ;) )

Any recover based on TWRP (SafeStrap, ClockworkMod, etc.) should give you adb access, you might need to mount the system partition though.

is there any way to boot to recovery without seeing whats on the screen? my hdmi doesn't recognize a connection until the phone is fully on

EDIT: I also never gave adb su priviledges, i rooted the phone shortly before breaking it.

Last edited:

Tory Gaurnier

Mar 28, 2014
Code:
adb shell su

Crap, I didn't think about that, if you have CWM then hold Volume up and Power, but it's going to be impossible to tell when it gets to recovery. If you have SafeStrap the touchscreen will have to work, if the touchscreen functions at all, then keep pressing the bottom left corner until you feel the vibration of the Recovery button.

Otherwise you might be out of luck.

Sent from my XT1049 using xda app-developers app

Last edited: