[Q] Settings-->Themes

Search This thread

blackuse

May 13, 2014
There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
There is this option called Themes in the settings menu. consider me a complete newbie and tell me how that works(Like does it help in changing themes if so how do I do it).

A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.

blackuse

May 13, 2014
A custom ROM dev may choose to add the new CM theme engine to his/her ROM. If you were to install a theme (via Play Store or .apk from XDA, NOT themes that you flash or where you modify files) you use the theme manager to use the theme.

nice it works great !!. how do i add fonts to the system like change the whole system fonts

blackuse

May 13, 2014
hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
hi do u remember my pre question about my missing internal files i jst figured out that when i delete this folder "storage" all the files gets wiped out
only happens when i delete it through my comp, not able to see the file using any file explorer with in the phone and i have no idea of which app created that file

Storage is an android folder and it contains links to tour /sdcard

Don't delete things of you don't know what they are

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる

You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink

blackuse

May 13, 2014
You deleted a symlink that linked to your internal storage, thus it deleted everything. You can't see the symlink in a file explorer while in Android but while connected to a PC, you can.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+symlink

wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
wow never expected it to be so complicated. Does this symbolic link show up only in custom rom's, if no then normal users like myself would probably mistake it for an empty folder and delete it.

It exists in any ROM. You shouldn't delete anything if you don't know what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
Reactions: danarama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It exists in any ROM. You shouldn't delete anything if you don't know what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5