A better QuickRemote app

Search This thread

BigBadSheep

Mar 9, 2012
Turin
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi everyone
I have one question: does anyone know how to improve or add more devices to the quickremote app, besides those presets. I mean, for air conditioning, I can't add my device, a Comfee, that quickremote won't see it. Or to add more functions to the remote, apart changing channels, volume, source input.
Thanks for any reply.

Reactions: kratos313

FiendFyre

Jul 11, 2012
Hi everyone
I have one question: does anyone know how to improve or add more devices to the quickremote app, besides those presets. I mean, for air conditioning, I can't add my device, a Comfee, that quickremote won't see it. Or to add more functions to the remote, apart changing channels, volume, source input.
Thanks for any reply.

There is the universal remote function, which lets you create the remote by learning. Use that.

ingoljosh

Apr 3, 2010
Carson, CA
i tried universal remote but that also didnt worked for my lloyd ac remote dont know what's the problem

You might not be doing it right. (no offence) :laugh:

If you have a remote that works with an IR Blaster the quick remote will learn it flawlessly,

BUT if you have a remote that works on Radio frequency (like some AC long range remotes) it OBVIOUSLY will not work.

Make sure your remote has an IR (InfraRed) LED.

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Hi everyone
Thanks for any reply.

lg didnt use the standard libs to make the IR work on our devices, hence other apps dont work. my friend uses some app from playstore which has a online library of almost EVERY DEVICE OUT THERE ! on his galaxy s4. so to piss him off i showed him 60 fps videos :p , but sadly that still means no much ir support for us

asankurs

Apr 17, 2013
You might not be doing it right. (no offence) :laugh:

If you have a remote that works with an IR Blaster the quick remote will learn it flawlessly,

BUT if you have a remote that works on Radio frequency (like some AC long range remotes) it OBVIOUSLY will not work.

Make sure your remote has an IR (InfraRed) LED.

My remote has an IR LED ... I tried before also that using my samsung tv remote and universal remote that worked

but after learning keys of lloyd Ac the buttons of universal remote dont don anything ... how can i make it work ?

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
i have carrier ac it also didnt had support for that but my device easily learned all the buttons of my ac remote and now i dont know where my actual remote is. my device remote is working absolutely fine with no problem.

if u have rooted mobile then try changing country and region in build prop where u live. because i saw many people saying that after changing region and country they got more products listed in remote.

NicoC72

Jan 4, 2012
nope no remote works on lg except native lg app

Not true, I believe IR Universal Remote from Wavespark works. LG released the SDK for the IR blaster, it's just very people know about and the ones that do don't want to have to develop a whole new app to work with it. The reason HTC and Samsung devices have widespread support is because they use the Android IR API. If someone could find a way to make that API work with the LG interface, we should be able to use any IR app we want.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shriom_manerker

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Not true, I believe IR Universal Remote from Wavespark works. LG released the SDK for the IR blaster, it's just very people know about and the ones that do don't want to have to develop a whole new app to work with it. The reason HTC and Samsung devices have widespread support is because they use the Android IR API. If someone could find a way to make that API work with the LG interface, we should be able to use any IR app we want.

its true no app work except lg native app. u can try i have tried every app none works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for any reply.
    nope no remote works on lg except native lg app