Unable to flash CWM or TWRP recovery

Search This thread

spider1029

Aug 27, 2014
Hello guys. First, I have to say that I'm not experienced with android phone modifications. I am trying to get NeatROM into my phone, but I can't set up custom recovery mod. I tried both CWM and TWRP.

This is my third time I am re-installing the ROM, first I have done it with ODIN second time with CWM recovery, but now I can only enter "Android system recovery <3e>" where there isn't an option "Install Rom SD card".

I don't know how CWM recovery got replaced with stock recovery mod,but I am suspicions that it happened during latest Samsung "Software update" via Kies.

I tried to flash CWM and TWRP recoveries via their apps, but when the phone booted, there was always stock recovery mod. I also tried to flash recovery mod via Android SDK, following manual on phonearena.com, but got stucked on 3rd step- when I typed in "adb reboot bootloader" my phone only restarted and it did not enter bootloader.

Please, can you help to flash the stock recovery mod, so I can install new ROM, or is there other way to get it into my phone and then flash the recovery mod?

spider1029

Aug 27, 2014
Never mind, I was able to flash CWM recovery with Odin, following the steps on androidlegend[dot]com. Then it let me to install NeatROM.