Any cases out there to accommodate an extended battery

Search This thread

mikeschevelle

Dec 27, 2007
Would like to upgrade to a 3500 but will not sacrifice the protection my active x case gives me.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Extra 5mm of battery is better protection than any case. No case will work with the extended battery. The market is too small. There is talk that one would be released thats compatible with the 2800 Yoobao battery, which is the exact same size as the 3500, but that is all talk at this point.

TWO515TY

Jul 13, 2006
Plano,TX
Would like to upgrade to a 3500 but will not sacrifice the protection my active x case gives me.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm torn because I can't imagine going without a case, but it seems like we have no options at all. I emailed Seidio about a case for their extended battery and this was their reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline. Sorry we currently have no development plans for a case that would be compatible with the Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery.

Your business and continued satisfaction is of great importance to us here at Seidioonline Customer Service, so feel free to contact us at (832) 204-1118 with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Seidioonline Technical Support

I emailed the eBay seller of the 2800 mAh battery and he said:

Sorry, it should say February 1. The case will be a TPU (a harder rubberized version that is rigid yet flexible). The material is pretty nice. It will go over the phone and the door. I will offer a combo deal, but for former customers they can get the same price separately.

Kevin

So come February, we should be able to get the 2800 or 3500 mAh battery and get a case for it... however I was hoping for a Seidio case - I much prefer their battery door (or if I could just purchase the battery door separately that would work too), especially since it looks like it would still work with their holster. The battery door that comes with the 2800 and 3500 mAh batteries don't look like they'll fit in the Seidio holster.

mikeschevelle

Dec 27, 2007
I guess since they come with new back doors, I really just want something to protect the front. The Active X case is pretty big so maybe I can find a thinner case to just use the top on

JettMartinez

Oct 20, 2010
Maryland

For what it's worth I left the front portion of my Seido case on (around the screen) and just hope the extended battery case protects the back side. It doesn't make it the sleekest looking device in the world, but I figure a little protection around the screen is better than nothing.

TWO515TY

Jul 13, 2006
Plano,TX
The Epic is truly the red-headed step child of Sprint phones - no Froyo and no Seidio case for extended batteries - the EVO has both smh.

AndroidMilos

Aug 31, 2010
Methuen
This case works perfect with an extended battery. I bought two of them. Lots of padding. Great price. Find them on Android Central. I use one for my Epic 4G with the 3500 battery and the other one I use for my Nexus S.
I cut the loops off as I would rather have those cases in my pockets rather than dangling outside.

Golla Hasty Smart Bag for Samsung Epic 4G
Other Samsung Epic 4G accessories by Golla

mikeschevelle

Dec 27, 2007
This case works perfect with an extended battery. I bought two of them. Lots of padding. Great price. Find them on Android Central. I use one for my Epic 4G with the 3500 battery and the other one I use for my Nexus S.
I cut the loops off as I would rather have those cases in my pockets rather than dangling outside.

Golla Hasty Smart Bag for Samsung Epic 4G
Other Samsung Epic 4G accessories by Golla
I was more looking for a housing, not a purse for my phone LOL

You may want to check the Reiko "New Fashionable Leather Horizontal Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case with Belt" - which direct from Reiko on Amazon is now very cheap compared to the price I paid. I use it with the extended battery - barely fits and have to put the screen towards the outside to get it to stay closed (magentic, so doesn't snap close, but since phone is tightly in there, it works out well to remove quickly).

Really designed as a belt clip case (horizontal) and works well that way..

TWO515TY

Jul 13, 2006
Plano,TX
You may want to check the Reiko "New Fashionable Leather Horizontal Pouch Protective Carrying Cell Phone Case with Belt" - which direct from Reiko on Amazon is now very cheap compared to the price I paid. I use it with the extended battery - barely fits and have to put the screen towards the outside to get it to stay closed (magentic, so doesn't snap close, but since phone is tightly in there, it works out well to remove quickly).

Really designed as a belt clip case (horizontal) and works well that way..

Can you show us a pic of your Epic+ extended battery in that case? I bought one a while ago and I remmber it being extra tight on a naked Epic with stock battery. Does your phone go in and come out easily, or does it take some extra effort?

Attached are the photos.

For full-size images, go to http://rapatel.homeip.net:8080/photos/epic-case/

In the fill-size images, 318 and 319 show how the phone does not fit if the screen is facing inwards.

On taking it out and putting it in, it was tight at first ,but due to the hole on the bottom to push it out, it makes it really easy. Putting the phone in while seated is a challenge however (and taking it out while seated), but that was an issue even without the extended battery.

Attachments

• p1000313-small.jpg
    p1000313-small.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 128
  • p1000314-small.jpg
    p1000314-small.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 112
  • p1000315-small.jpg
    p1000315-small.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 113
  • p1000316-small.jpg
    p1000316-small.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 110
  • p1000317-small.jpg
    p1000317-small.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 116
  • p1000320-small.jpg
    p1000320-small.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

TWO515TY

Jul 13, 2006
Plano,TX
Here's an update from the seller (eBay ID "moretalktime") of the Yoobao 2800 mAh batteries (this case should also work with the 3000 and 3500 mAh batteries since they all use the same battery door)

The extended battery case moulds are nearly finished for the following models:

Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Epic, Motorola Droid X, and the HTC Evo. Here are the 3D pictures. I am emailing you to ask what color you would like so I can know approximately how many to make of each color. The options are as follows:

1) Black
2) White
3) Teal/Aqua
4) Navy
5) Red
6) Pink
7) Yellow
8) Orange
9) Green
10) Royal Blue
11) Purple

Please list your top 3 as 1), 2), 3). I will only be doing 4 colors so this is very important for getting the colors that are in the highest demand.

Cases will be $15 + $2.99 shipping. They are a high quality TPU and are virtually scratch proof even with a very sharp fingernail. I’ve tried to scratch my sample and I can’t do it with my fingernail. See the picture attached for the material called TPU1.jpg.

Thanks.

Kevin

Attached is a zip containing the images he included with the email. The "sprint-2" and "sps-asm-1" images are the ones for the Epic.

Attachments

• extendedbatterycases.zip
    96.3 KB · Views: 78

jw5189

Jan 18, 2011
I like teal/aqua and would like to purchase one but let me know which colors you decide! At this point I dont think I can be all that picky but I would really like my phone to be covered.

tuscanisam

Sep 13, 2009
Deltona
Me Too! Not to picky on colors, but I want a cover for my phone as well.

I've got 2 Evo's that need a case and 2 Epic 4G. All with extended batteries. (3500)

Last edited: