Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

Search This thread

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G

alexgarrett

Sep 20, 2009
Hillbilly Hell, MO
Is anyone's skyrocket taking forever to charge these Verizon batteries? I'm running the latest update of sky ics, and it seems like it takes an hour to gain a couple percent on the charge. It even seems to slowly discharge while I'm using it while plugged in. I've tried different cables and plugs to no avail. I even charged it fully before using it and let it fully discharge before plugging it back in. Anyone else having trouble charging this beast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
I'm still on the charge that was on the battery when i got it today! I already see a difference regardless if it is 15%. I trying to kill it so I can fully charge it and see how long it takes to charge.

wirelessFREAK

Nov 14, 2011
Is anyone's skyrocket taking forever to charge these Verizon batteries? I'm running the latest update of sky ics, and it seems like it takes an hour to gain a couple percent on the charge. It even seems to slowly discharge while I'm using it while plugged in. I've tried different cables and plugs to no avail. I even charged it fully before using it and let it fully discharge before plugging it back in. Anyone else having trouble charging this beast?

I'm thinking of 3 reasons that may cause the symptoms you talked about
1-you may have a lousy charger or cable.
2- you may have a loose port on your phone (I think I've had one since December)
3- you may have GPS and stuff running that drains your battery faster than it will charge. My car charger never kept up with GPS usage

I haven't seen any negative results from installing the battery... Other than the ****storm I got in here, for shaving some plastic off the top left corner of the battery.

I recommend 2 things in general:
1- if you have CWM, delete the battery stats
2- for the 1st couple of charges, let it sit on the charger for atleast 30 minutes after it says 'battery full'

As you can see by what I wrote above
1- I like listing things instead of forming them into a statement.
2- that shows my lack of:
A-skill
B-focus
:)
sent from my 727

alexgarrett

Sep 20, 2009
Hillbilly Hell, MO
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I got it lined out, I stopped using it and let it charge fully and now it seems much better. This battery is pretty sweet and I barely have a bulge at all at the edge of the door.

g0dxilla

Apr 18, 2012
Woodstock
www.shrinktheweb.com
Rather than debate the technicalities of battery phyics (which I am not qualified to do). Here is a video of a L-ion battery being damaged. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsBc8RqSKU

Oh that's just ridiculous. This video is a demonstration of what happens when you puncture an over charged Lithium POLYMER (LiPo) battery. Our batteries are Lithium Ion (Li-ION) batteries. I can't post links yet but if you want to see a video of what happens when you puncture a fully charged Li-ION battery cell search for "lico 18650 cell puncture test" on youtube. I can save you some time and tell you that nothing happens and the battery is thoroughly compromised.

Now it is true that puncturing a Li-ION cell will make it non-operational AND if pressure is allowed to build up can increase temperature and cause it to "vent". But shaving off part of the hard plastic casing is not going to damage the Li-Ion cell. You would need to drive a nail through the body of the case to do that.

Reactions: wirelessFREAK

madmax49201

Apr 29, 2011
Just walked in the door from the local verizon store its still on sale just picked up one the sales rep looked at me like i was crazy but scanned it and it came up 24.99. So now charging it and seeing how long it can go. Fits in my otterbox so not really worried about the little bulge at the side. As stated above does feel a little heavier than stock.

Reactions: jackbandit73

g0dxilla

Apr 18, 2012
Woodstock
www.shrinktheweb.com
still on sale just picked up one the sales rep looked at me like i was crazy but scanned it and it came up 24.99.[/QUOTE said:
Same here. I bought this today from my local store in Atlanta for "half price". The folks in the store were very reluctant even after I mentioned the sale. They said they "thought that sale was over" and "we'll just have to see". I'm quite certain that if I hadn't mentioned it they would have charge me full price.

So Buyer Beware.

j.a

Nov 20, 2007
SD by way of Bklyn
Sale is still going on but they wouldn't tell me or were not sure how much longer it was going for. I just popped into a Verizon store in San Diego and bought one. Charging as I type this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this info should be added to the op:
    ---------------------------------
    1. Go to Sprint Employee Referral Program [sprint.com]
    2. enter: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com (as email) // 383 as Employee ID // [this info is public]
    3. make your way to accessories, select galaxy Nexus, add the battery [sprint.com] to cart and enter battery1 coupon code
    4. check out (total should be free, with free shipping), be sure to enter the employee email and ID on the check out page again.
    5. wait for the sent email

NOTE: The description says that it is a bundle that is free with purchase of GNex but it will allow you to checkout with just the battery in your cart! When I applied the coupon code, it redirected me to select a phone. When i clicked back (google chrome) and reapplied the coupon, it took me to checkout (free).
    ------------------------

This worked for me.
    Okay friends, now's the time to stock up! check out this deal for a FREE Nexus extended battery from Sprint! http://slickdeals.net/f/5055866-FREE-Sprint-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery?

I bought one for $0 shipped. Did have to enter my credit card info of course.

Enjoy!
    Here's an instructable on one method of trimming down the battery for those who have poor fitment.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-a-Galaxy-Nexus-extended-battery-to-fit-the-/
    Do you mind posting pics of what you did?

Your wish is granted :)
    As with all modifications, I can not be held responsible for your actions. Including, but not limited to trying to modify your phone or battery. You will obviously lose the warranty on the battery, and possibly the phone.

I unwrapped the battery in step 1, thus exposing the NFC antenna, so It's there for sure :)
    I only needed to take a bit off the top left corner, not even the unwrapping part. It's just plastic that's needed to keep it looking symmetric. Who cares about looks when its gonna be covered by the lid. I'll take a pick with my transformer, but i'm in my car, so please excuse the lighting

{This is the extended battery that is sold by Verizon for the Samsung galaxy nexus, It has just been undressed (needlessly), and sanded in the top left corner}

Please press the thank button if I helped

sent from my transformer prime