[ROM][Updated 04/08/11]De-sensed DAS_BAMF 1.4 Non-Themed[ROM]

Search This thread

dbu

Mar 25, 2009
This is DAS_BAMF 1.4 non-themed as much as I could get it. I did this for myself but a couple people were interested so with Adrynalyne's blessing I decided to post it up for those that do not like sense. I used Go Launcher EX to replace Rosie(sense launcher) and also included the free Go SMS Pro, and Go Missed Notifications (if you want to use a different launcher you can adb push to /system/app/ or just open the ROM zip with 7zip and remove GO Launcher and replace with Launcher Pro, or ADW, etc)

IF YOU BORK YOUR PHONE, THAT'S ON YOU
Instructions
1. MAKE A BACKUP
2. Wipe data/cache/system/dalvik
2. Download ROM
3. Flash ROM via CWR
4. Download one of Adryn's kernels from ROM Manager (under MrBobrowitz's section) or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1014239
5. Flash kernel
6. Be happy

Note: there seems to be a little bug with all 3rd party launchers where if you you hit the phone button and the dialer pops up, the contact list is blank and the smart dial does not work. To remedy this long press phone, select a new application and restart Launcher Pro then add the phone back, you may also have to open up the dialer and try to dial a few numbers and delete them and the contacts should appear. Not really sure why this happens.

Again, I did this for me, so I won't be offering any real support for it, and I seriously doubt Adrynalyne will either so flash at your own risk. I have been running this for a couple days and it has been working very well for me, and I will probably keep running it until something compelling is released, with that said, have fun and flash away.

All credit goes to Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch and anyone else that had anything to do with Das_BAMF

Download ROM:
http://www.multiupload.com/7SF8YE0XQ3

I forgot to add the GO Launcher Notifications, you can find them on the Android Market or here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6012821/com.gau.golauncherex.notification-1.apk

Additional Kernels:
You know where to find them, there's a lot floating around right now...

Last edited:

pinhead875

Aug 4, 2010
Running this from irc, thanks.
It's very snappy with adrynalyne's oc kernal. The dialer thing did bug me, but resetting the launcher button seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

dbu

Mar 25, 2009
Running this from irc, thanks.
It's very snappy with adrynalyne's oc kernal. The dialer thing does bug me, though.

Yeah the dialer thing is weird, if you follow what I said in the post it should fix it, did for me at least...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

pinhead875

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah the dialer thing is weird, if you follow what I said in the post it should fix it, did for me at least...

Yeah I edited my post, but you're too quick ;)

Just noticed wifi is broke, just says Error in my wifi setting, gonna reboot.

pinhead875

Aug 4, 2010
Reboot didn't fix it, I'll reflash in the morning. My battery is at 9%.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

dustin4863

Jul 3, 2010
Very stable for me been running all day tried most of the new kernels available today and still smooth
Thank you and great work

dbu

Mar 25, 2009
Very stable for me been running all day tried most of the new kernels available today and still smooth
Thank you and great work

Don't thank me, thank Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch, I just yanked all the htc crap out. Glad it's working well for you.

dustin4863

Jul 3, 2010
Just so everyone knows the honeycomb beta theme by retrokid works great

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
the reason for the lp bug is the default path to the dialer...htc's path is different then the aosp (which is why it has to be reset)

Reactions: imneveral0ne

dbu

Mar 25, 2009
May update this later...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is DAS_BAMF 1.4 non-themed as much as I could get it. I did this for myself but a couple people were interested so with Adrynalyne's blessing I decided to post it up for those that do not like sense. I used Go Launcher EX to replace Rosie(sense launcher) and also included the free Go SMS Pro, and Go Missed Notifications (if you want to use a different launcher you can adb push to /system/app/ or just open the ROM zip with 7zip and remove GO Launcher and replace with Launcher Pro, or ADW, etc)

IF YOU BORK YOUR PHONE, THAT'S ON YOU
    Instructions
    1. MAKE A BACKUP
    2. Wipe data/cache/system/dalvik
    2. Download ROM
    3. Flash ROM via CWR
    4. Download one of Adryn's kernels from ROM Manager (under MrBobrowitz's section) or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1014239
    5. Flash kernel
    6. Be happy

Note: there seems to be a little bug with all 3rd party launchers where if you you hit the phone button and the dialer pops up, the contact list is blank and the smart dial does not work. To remedy this long press phone, select a new application and restart Launcher Pro then add the phone back, you may also have to open up the dialer and try to dial a few numbers and delete them and the contacts should appear. Not really sure why this happens.

Again, I did this for me, so I won't be offering any real support for it, and I seriously doubt Adrynalyne will either so flash at your own risk. I have been running this for a couple days and it has been working very well for me, and I will probably keep running it until something compelling is released, with that said, have fun and flash away.

All credit goes to Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch and anyone else that had anything to do with Das_BAMF

Download ROM:
    http://www.multiupload.com/7SF8YE0XQ3

I forgot to add the GO Launcher Notifications, you can find them on the Android Market or here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6012821/com.gau.golauncherex.notification-1.apk

Additional Kernels:
    You know where to find them, there's a lot floating around right now...
    Updated...
    How long do you think it will take you dbu? Thanks a lot for your work.

Sorry guys, didn't get home from work until late. Downloading right now, probably won't have it up until tomorrow evening after I have had some time to test. While I appreciate the accolades for my very meager contribution please remember that Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch are the ones that did all the work on this ROM, I just take all the stuff I have no use for out.
    Although I'm enjoying the Sense UI and all the new visual "oohs" and "aahs" - I definitely can't wait for the de-sensed and stock 1.4 Das BAMF :).

You said you were donating? How to donate to Mr. dbu?

Edit: Let me know if you want a beta tester dbu.

Lol, no donations here fellas, I'm just getting my feet wet. Plus, I could not accept donations for work I didn't do. If you feel compelled to donate please see Adrynalyne's post here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1009876

I should have a de-sensed version up here in a little while.
    the reason for the lp bug is the default path to the dialer...htc's path is different then the aosp (which is why it has to be reset)