[Q] Currently unable to install any rom

Search This thread

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
Hi guys,

Current situation
I haven't been able to use my phone for a good day now and I been busy reading guides, trying out stuff for a bunch of hours now. I thought it was time to ask you guys. Currently this is the only thing I'm able to do:
  • When I boot normally its stuck on the black screen with Samsung Galaxy Note on it.
  • When I boot with volume down, a screen popups up if I'm sure than press volume up. After that I'm in ODIN mode (says so with red letters in the left top). Below that it says: PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7000 , CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO , CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL.
    In the middle of the screen below the Android guy it says: Downloading... Do not turn of target !! (I'm not really sure if its suposed to say downloading there, while its not downloading anything?)

What I did so far
I came from a gingerbread Rocket ROM and decided to try out the ICS Stunner rom. I downloaded the ROM and read the install discription. I pretty much went into CWM right away to install the zip (rom) from SD card. It did work and ofcourse everything was still there cause I didnt wipe anything. But I noticed that a bunch of things didn't work and a lot of programs where crashing. I assumed I must have missed a step so I decided to go with the 'Squeaky Clean' install, which was posted on the team-passion website.

This was the last time I was able to get into CWM and connect my phone true USB with my laptop. Because I did the following steps:

Reboot in to ClockworkMod Recovery.

Format the following:
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
**Enter 'Mounts and Storage'**
- Format everything it will allow you to
**Go Back, enter 'Advanced'**
-Wipe Dalvik Cache
-Wipe Battery Stats
**Go Back to main menu, reboot system**

The next step on that list is: Remove your battery and boot up into 'Download Mode'. But the only mode I am getting into is the ODIN MODE where it already says 'Downloading...'. When I try to flash using ODIN, it isn't able to setup the connection. It does identify that the phone is connected because the ID:COM is yellow on 0:[COM3]. It didn't before, but after reading somewere that it might help to install Kies for the drivers it did.

Also tried "InitialCFRootFlasher" and "DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su" but both arent able to establish the connection. Just like ODIN.

What I'd like to do
I'd prefer going with the ICS Stunner ROM, seeing thats how this all started. But currently I'd settle for anything working, because being phoneless for a day is pretty anoying hehe.

What do you guys suggest?

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
I really don't know how u understood the process. But just don't screw this. Go download any of the pre rooted odex rom -link in my signature - and flash it via odin.
Or any rootable rom from dr ketan's thread - link in my signature - and follow the steps mentioned there to the Dot slowly and calmly. Just get to GB and rooted. Then report here. Will tell u how to go to ics stunner after that.

BOOMED from my BOMBASTIC NOTE :D

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently downloading one of the prerooted roms from your signature. However it would suprise me if ODIN allows me to install these seeing it can't really connect to the phone. Am I suposed to be in the 'Downloading... Do not turn of target !!' screen on my phone, while connected to laptop true USB?

Will update once I'v got it.

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently downloading one of the prerooted roms from your signature. However it would suprise me if ODIN allows me to install these seeing it can't really connect to the phone. Am I suposed to be in the 'Downloading... Do not turn of target !!' screen on my phone, while connected to laptop true USB?

Will update once I'v got it.
Yup u need to be in that mode. The odin on your PC should show the Com port as yellow. If it doesnt then there is some drivers problem.

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
It is connected yeah, the com port is shown as yellow. After loading any rom in PDA, Phone or Bootloader and only checking auto reboot and f. reset time this is what happens:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

And thats where its hanging, nothing on the phone screen is changing.
I don't remember the screen saying 'Downloading..' last time I flashed something. It's already saying that when I enter the screen, when its not downloading anything.

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
Apparently I'm not able to make edits yet here so heres another post after figuring out how to load these files:

It is connected yeah, the com port is shown as yellow. After loading the three files in ODIN under PDA, PHONE and CSC just like on the screenshot in your signature. And only checking 'Auto reboot' and 'F. Reset Time' the following happens:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Rooted_Stock_Odex_N7000XXLA6.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_N7000XEULA1_XEU.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
Just get to GB and rooted. Then report here.

Done! I'm still not sure what went wrong, I think placing the files in the wrong place in ODIN. Got a tip from someone how to place them and they worked in one go. Pretty weird cause I was using the same setup as the XDA guide post.

Main problem is solved now, I'll have to look into the ICS thing now. :) Thanks for your help.

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Done! I'm still not sure what went wrong, I think placing the files in the wrong place in ODIN. Got a tip from someone how to place them and they worked in one go. Pretty weird cause I was using the same setup as the XDA guide post.

Main problem is solved now, I'll have to look into the ICS thing now. :) Thanks for your help.
Sorry was away so couldnt reply. The setup shown i xda should work perfectly. Anyways its good to know that you got all things settled. You can install the ICS Stunner (no touchwiz and no samsung apps) if you so want. Remember to backup your data as you will have to wipe data for going to ICS. From rooted GB install mobile odin then download the lp1 repack from my signature and after all that is done reboot to recovery clear caches and data and flash stunner (download the latest build by clicking Stunner in my signature) clear caches and data and reboot.
* Triangle away is required only when you flash lp1 through PC Odin.*

Last edited:

h4y0

Jan 1, 2010
Ended up using the mobile odin application, works like a charm.
Thanks for your help!

Top Liked Posts