[REF] Galaxy S 2 Shipped Modem Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

newsera

Mar 24, 2011
Any Singapore users in here who tweaked the modem to custom? I was using NELP2 - the best.. Now trying XXLS8.. Any modem that you can recommend? Singtel user who force 3G

infatality

May 7, 2011
Singapore
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 2 XL
Any Singapore users in here who tweaked the modem to custom? I was using NELP2 - the best.. Now trying XXLS8.. Any modem that you can recommend? Singtel user who force 3G

I had bad experience with nelp2.. So far, dxlpa, xxlq6 and xxls8 work well for me.. Using m1 and also fast dormancy is forced off as far as I know sg network don't support fast dormancy, and it saves battery life and better connection..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

newsera

Mar 24, 2011
@infatality, I have turned off fast dormancy as well. I earlier used DXLPA since its the South East Asia modem. It was decent .. Tried anything else in DX series? Once they rollout JB to Singapore, we should get a new DX modem I guess.

kotaxor

Dec 31, 2011
@infatality, I have turned off fast dormancy as well. I earlier used DXLPA since its the South East Asia modem. It was decent .. Tried anything else in DX series? Once they rollout JB to Singapore, we should get a new DX modem I guess.

I'm using BVLP7 with starhub and is working wonderfully the past 20 days with jelly bean.

Sent from GT-I9100 LSD stock rom

newsera

Mar 24, 2011
@kotaxor, I see very good reviews about BVLP7.. But not sure on Singapore.. Good to know that it works well with Starhub.. Just awaiting replies from Singtel users :)

infatality

May 7, 2011
Singapore
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 2 XL

Yep, we should get a new modem when jb roll out in Asia, as every new with every official firmware and I tried dxlp9 but results wasn't as decent as dxlpa..

Last edited:
Reactions: gadgetnutz

newsera

Mar 24, 2011
actually i force 3g from h+ to save battery.. I am looking for a modem offering low latency than bandwidth because I will mostly using them for VOIP calls where latency matters much than bandwidth..

newsera

Mar 24, 2011
@infatality actually, not every modem works fine for everyone.. its more carrier dependent.. NELP2 used to be awesome modem for Singtel but not for M1..

infatality

May 7, 2011
Singapore
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 2 XL
actually i force 3g from h+ to save battery.. I am looking for a modem offering low latency than bandwidth because I will mostly using them for VOIP calls where latency matters much than bandwidth..

Actually just leave it as *wcdma preferred* will be good.. H+ or 3g don't really make a difference in better life.. But using long term 3g instead of h+ will use more battery then normal.. I'm have about 3 1/2 on screen time..

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

@infatality actually, not every modem works fine for everyone.. its more carrier dependent.. NELP2 used to be awesome modem for Singtel but not for M1..

Yep.. may be carrier dependent too.. As far as I know Singtel and m1 is on the same bandwidth spectrum, starhub isn't.. One way or another maybe..

astrogambit78

Mar 19, 2012
Angono
None, thats my bad, dupe should be gone in a mo, thanks for the heads up!

Hello mate

MD5's of XXLS6 and LS8 are not added in the checksums.txt as of this moment

:)

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I'm having radio issues, my phone is working too bad, and I don't know what is RIL:) pls anyone can explain to me what should I do?

Asking Google is free my friend ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Interface_Layer

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Just out of curiosity since you live in the Uk and I do too, which modem would you recommend for O2?

And if by any chance I'm not allowed to ask such questions, please ignore it and don't reply.

Thanks

Also just in case:

I am from the uk and use Giffgaff, this network uses o2 signal, and i use the modem and ril for UHLPH and have found it to be the best out of many combinations i have tried.

Edit: i tried the LBR o2 uk modem and had 0/1bar of h+ at my house, and with UHLPH it is around 3/4bars if im using the internet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

djshotty

Oct 7, 2008
East Maitland, NSW, Australia
9100T MODEMS (Thanks to Intratech):
How's about sharing download links that don't demand you install a download manager (read: virus) to get the file? We appreciate the work you've done in compiling the list and uploading the files, but we shouldn't have to pay for surveys, sign up for other sites or install malware and spyware into our PC's just to update our phones. This is a forum where like-minded people come for help, or provide assistance to those who aren't quite able to get a grasp on a problem they're having. It is NOT a money-making scheme for ripoff merchants to ply their trade...
This is what happens when you click on the links in the first post...
downlink01.jpg
downlink02.jpg
downlink03.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bobdoblo and cnjax

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Thread closed and links removed. OP do not use ad based url shorteners (you were using lnx.lu ) as these violate Rule 11 of the Forum Rules

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-
  • Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
    A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
    B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modems guide

MODEM GUIDE

FILE NAMES:

The name of the Modem usually specifies the region its intended for, however... this doesn't mean it will work best for you. Classification of the Modem regions is as follows:

CE---> Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
    DC---> Thailand
    DD---> India
    DX---> Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
    DZ---> Malaysia, Singapore
    JA---> South Africa
    JC---> Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
    JP---> Arabic, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria
    JV---> Tunisia, Turkey
    UG---> North America
    UH---> Latin America, The Caribbean
    XE---> Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine
    XX---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom
    XW---> Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom
    ZC---> China, Hong Kong
    ZH---> Hong Kong
    ZS---> China, Hong Kong
    ZT---> Taiwan

Which Modem comes with which various Stock firmwares can be found out here:
    http://devsrom4android.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/samsung-galaxy-s2-firmware-updates-via.html

RECOMMENDED MODEMS TO TRY:

KH3
    XXKI4
    NELP2
    NELP3
    NELP4
    XXLPX
    DXLP9
    DXLPA
    BVLP7 (tested by many, deemed to be a fantastic modem)

DEFINITION:

*Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About Phone - Baseband. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28052552&postcount=6556

USAGE:

*There is no one "Best" modem for everybody. Unfortunately you actually have to try to find the modem which works perfectly for you on performance, strength and battery drain levels. The good thing is that from my lengthy 8 month experience with Galaxy S2, I'm happy to report that there are a few modems that seem to perform well geographically for most users. These modems are KE7, KH3, KI3, KI4, KL1, LPS, NEKF2, NELP2 & NELP3.

COMPATIBILITY:

*Modems do not need to be matched up with firmware like it's done with ROMs and Kernels. For example, a KI4 modem can be used with a KL1 ROM and the other way round. The only thing you need to pay attention to is what model your SGS2 is. 9100 and 9100 modems are compatible across both models. However, 9100 model and US variants are not cross compatible since the devices are designed to work on different bands.

INSTALLATION:

*I will add a flashing guide to post number 5 soon, hence why it says "Work in progress.....". For the moment I suggest asking Mr. Google to do a search for you. Bottom line is, for CWM packaged modems you need to be rooted and have a working CWM recovery (flash the CWM modem zip within recovery). For .TAR packages, all you need to do is flash it while your device is in Download Mode and connected to ODIN. The .TAR file should be selected in the PHONE field. Don't touch anything else.

TESTING:

*Usually just flashing and then using the same modem for 3-5 days should tell you how well it performs in your are and with you Mobile Network operator. Please remember that it takes around 2-3 days for a Modem to "settle" and achieve optimum performance, so don't judge how good a Modem is straight after flashing. That's where a lot of people fail when asserting battery drain.

Signal strength and quality can be tested using this app:
    Network Signal Info

Download and upload speeds on your network with a current Modem can be tested using this app:
    Speedtest.net

RESULTS:

Testing done by 3ayachi (Tunisia)

-------

Work in progress.....
    Before posting questions, read the next 5 posts!

Due to requests for modem files, here's my collection. All are taken from KIES releases, and are labelled accordingly.

They are sorted by the shipping ROM version:

XXKDH Modem as used by XWKDD ROM (VillainROM v0.1)

XXKDJ Modem as used by XWKE1/XWKE2 ROM (VillainROM v1.0)

XXKE4 Modem as used by XWKE7/XXKE4/ZSKF1/ZSKF4 ROM (VillainROM v1.1)

XXKE4 Modem as used by XXKE4

XXKE4 Modem as used by ZSKF1 ROM (VillainROM v1.2)

XXKE4 Modem as used by ZWKS4 ROM (VillainROM v1.3)

XXKE7 Modem as used by XWKF1 "frankenstein" ROM by Intratech

XXKF2 Modem as used by XXKF2 ROM (VillainROM 1.4)

XXKG1 Modem as used by XXKG1 ROM (VillainROM 2.0)

XXKG2 Modem as used by XXKG2 ROM (VillainROM 2.1)

XXKG3 Modem as used by XXKG3 ROM (VillainROM 2.3)

Files can be downloaded from http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/s...II-Shipped-Radio-Collection?p=42051#post42051

There is a full collection of flashable ZIP modems available at http://www.veyka.co.uk/radios/ courtesy of Veyka!
    Modems for 9100T model only

9100T MODEMS (Thanks to Intratech):

Vodafone Australia DUKF4 - Link (CWM Flashable)

Vodafone Australia DUKF4 - Link

Thailand DCKF1 - Link

Telstra Australia DVKF2 - Link

Telecom New Zealand DOKG2 - Link

Cellcom Israel JIKJ1 - Link

Pelephone Israel JJKF3 - Link

Cellcom Israel JIKI2 - Link

Pelephone Israel JJKI2 - Link

Thailand DCKL1 - Link

Thailand DCKL1 - Link (CWM flashable)

***New I9100T Modem from Vodafone Australia***

DUKJ1 Link (CWM flashable)

DUKJ1 Link

:)
    Modems collected by others

This post is for compiling all modems added by others to this thread in one place. I will work backwards through the thread and get them all added to this post, giving credit to the original poster of course.

All modems are for the 9100 model unless otherwise specified.

---

VEYKA'S MODEM COLLECTION (CWM flashable) (thanks to veyka):

LINK!

KALPIK'S MODEM COLLECTION (CWM flashable) (thanks to kalpik):

LINK!

OBIHOERNCHEN'S MODEM COLLECTION (CWM flashable) (thanks to obihoernchen):

LINK!

CHRIS264'S MODEM COLLECTION (thanks to chris264):

LINK!

PANGIOTI'S MODEM COLLECTION (thanks to pangiotis24):

LINK!

---

JHKI2 - Link (Thanks to Intratech)

BVKJ4 - Link (Thanks to Intratech)

BUKI1 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to vel1m1r)

XXKG5 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to demonofsteel)

DXKF1 - Link (Thanks to allanon+)

XXKL1 - Link (Thanks to bclark)

XXKL1 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to DimonDroid)

XXKP1 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to shahulvm)

DXKL1 - Link (Thanks to thanksgiving60)

DXKL1 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to thanksgiving60)

XXKPA - Link (Thanks to thanksgiving60)

XXKPA - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to thanksgiving60)

XXLP1 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to Mayday_XL)

XXLPB - Link (Thanks to Intratech)

DDLPA - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to Intratech)

XXLQ6 - Link (CWM flashable) (Thanks to superleeds27) (My Sendspace mirror)

---

JHLP9 I9100 (OrangeIL)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0sexwhgv6847jec

JJLP8 I9100T (PelephoneIL):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lgdpts6vud83h19

Thanks to tuvi123

-------​

To be continued....... :)
    Modems collected by me!

KG6 - Link (CWM flashable)

KH1 - Link (CWM flashable)

KH3 - Link (CWM flashable)

XXKI1 - Link (CWM flashable)

XWKI3 - Link (CWM flashable)

KI4 - Link (CWM flashable)

NEKI2 - Link (CWM flashable) (3 network, Italy)

XXKI3 - Link (CWM flashable)

XXKPA - Link (CWM flashable)

XXLP1 - Link (CWM flashable)

XXLP6 - Link (CWM flashable)

XXLPB - Link (CWM flashable)

NELP3 - Link (CWM flashable)

BUKI1 - Link (CWM flashable) (vodafone network, UK)

DXLP9 - Link (CWM flashable)

DXLPA - Link (CWM flashable)

-------

To be continued....... :)