[ROM] Codename Android 2.0.0-RC *UNOFFICIAL* WALLET NOW WORKING [5/03/2012]

Search This thread

menissalt

May 14, 2008
I'm running this latest CNA with the 3.0.8 franco kernel milestone 3, and my data connection died last night..

My phone says I my network type is eHRPD:13 and Mobile network state: disconnected. Tried turning off and on data, airplane mode, and the phone itself. Any ideas?

:SOLVED: Thanks for the quick replies (no sarcasm, I swear). I flashed to the latest radios, FD02, and everything works now.

Last edited:

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
So what's wrong with them now ? They work good for me on this rom! Someone said something about adding soft keys to this rom am I the only one that has them?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Talking about adding settings to change the soft keys. Like changing color, placement, icons, size, on/off, etc. The best thing about softkeys is being able to modify them.

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
Talking about adding settings to change the soft keys. Like changing color, placement, icons, size, on/off, etc. The best thing about softkeys is being able to modify them.

I'm sorry I'm still confused man lol I can do all that with this rom. I can change the color add menu add search and disable them all together lol am I missing something? Lol not trying to be funny at all man just trying to figure this out. Lol sorry!

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
Voice search does not seem to work for me. Can anyone confirm?

Proably some audio recording program that you granted root permissions. It changed some settings. If you check its not just voice search, its any program that records. Such as shazam, call recorder, video recording etc....I suggest you do a factory wipe and not reinstall whatever it was that records.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I'm sorry I'm still confused man lol I can do all that with this rom. I can change the color add menu add search and disable them all together lol am I missing something? Lol not trying to be funny at all man just trying to figure this out. Lol sorry!

Yes not ROM per say. But ICS rooted soft keys can be changed to look like whatever. "dont ask me how" Whatever ROM supports soft key changes, will have a GUI for you to mess with.

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
Why do I loose all my widgets when restart my phone????? Im using Apex launcher. Also some apps require to log back in! All i am doing is restarting my phone! Even the backed up settings on Apex want restore widgets. SMH This is pissing me off. I stayed up late arranging everything the way i wanted it.

Just researched it and its a kernal issue....Dammit.... Well on to the next kernal.

Last edited:

journeyman73

Sep 14, 2007
CHICAGO

As far as options goes, I believe he was referring to the fact that in the AOKP ROM you can give the softkeys more functionality beyond that. Some of which include you can change the icon of the softkey, you can assign a different app or shortcut to the softkey, you can change the button glow of the sofkey & you can launch a second app or shortcut via a long press of the softkey if you wish as well.

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
As far as options goes, I believe he was referring to the fact that in the AOKP ROM you can give the softkeys more functionality beyond that. Some of which include you can change the icon of the softkey, you can assign a different app or shortcut to the softkey, you can change the button glow of the sofkey & you can launch a second app or shortcut via a long press of the softkey if you wish as well.

Ahh. OK cool man thanks for the insight!

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
Anyone know why nova launcher says not compatible with my device when trying to install from market? I'm using this rom!

dougxd

Dec 5, 2007
Maryland
I'd like to know also. This is happening with a number of apps I would otherwise be able to use when I revert to stock. To get around it, I've pulled the apk from a nandroid backup using Titanium Backup and just side load it.

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
I sent an email to the dev and he said its because this rom changes the dpi and nova launcher only works for certain dpi's I guess.

dougxd

Dec 5, 2007
Maryland
I just looked at our build.prop file and our dpi is still set at the stock value of 320. This would imply that this rom has not changed the density of our displays. But I'm not a dev and something else related to that could be going on here too.

EDIT*** By the way, I just installed Nova and Apex launchers on my GNex w/this rom. Weird, eh? But like I said above, I'm having these strange problems with other apps too.

SECOND EDIT*** Check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birdapi.android.dpipro&hl=en for possible workaround? I'm gonna buy it and play around with it. I'll report back.

Last edited:

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
I just looked at our build.prop file and our dpi is still set at the stock value of 320. This would imply that this rom has not changed the density of our displays. But I'm not a dev and something else related to that could be going on here too.

EDIT*** By the way, I just installed Nova and Apex launchers on my GNex w/this rom. Weird, eh? But like I said above, I'm having these strange problems with other apps too.

Yeah I dont really understand it either man I can't even install the red box app to rent movies. Its weird!

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
I been saying this Rom has issues. The Franco kernel looses widgets you have on apex home screens, gets slower by the day, and apps force close or want run at all. I knew there was a build. Prop issue when none of EA sports games could download data and crash. There are DPI issues. Personally over themed.... I LIKE IT. But boot time is longer, freezes, search is not bring results instant for app search. No AVRP/MAP support. But but it is pretty like a lambo with no engine. Just feed back, no negativity from my stand point. But possibly rebuilt for best looks and performance

jmklei0

Feb 8, 2012
Lost Data Connection

I'm running this latest CNA with the 3.0.8 franco kernel milestone 3, and my data connection died last night..

My phone says I my network type is eHRPD:13 and Mobile network state: disconnected. Tried turning off and on data, airplane mode, and the phone itself. Any ideas?

:SOLVED: Thanks for the quick replies (no sarcasm, I swear). I flashed to the latest radios, FD02, and everything works now.

This same thing happened to me, but, unlike your situation, it was from the moment I tried to activate the phone after flashing CNA 2.0RC. Any ideas why this might happen? I'm not familiar enough with flashing radios to do anything with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an UNOFFICIAL BUILD OF Codename Android. The Codename main developer has temporarily stopped development of this ROM so there may not be any updates for a while. This is the latest version from the Codename repo.

The usual disclaimers apply, not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, house on fire, etc. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Codename Android 2.0.0-RC repacked with Franco.Kernel Milestone #3

Screenshot_2012-04-29-19-12-26.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-19-13-04.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-19-12-10.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-19-11-42.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-29-19-11-25.png

KNOWN BUGS
    • Notification bar torch toggle not selectable (fixed on 5/03 build)
    • Google wallet error requesting a Google employee account (fixed on 5/01 build)

CHANGELOG
    • 5/03/2012
      • Fixed notification power widget for LED Flashlight
      • Added Sprint system updates options in About phone settings menu (Update Profile & Update PRL)
    • 5/01/2012
      • Google wallet fixed (changed to toroplus name)
      • switched to toroplus vendor/device tree from AOKP
      • repacked with franco.kernel milestone #3 for a more stable experience
    • 4/29/2012
      • Initial release

FIRST TIME INSTALL
    1. Boot into recovery (tested with CWM & twrp - no asserts at this time)
    2. Make a nandroid backup!!
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Flash gapps
    6. reboot

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS CODENAME BUILDS

1. no wipe required if coming from 5/01 build
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash GAPPS
    5. Wipe cache/dalvik
    6. reboot

DOWNLOAD

Big thanks to the codename team, CM9 team, #gn-sprint devs, brd, franciscofranco, team kang, and any others who have helped along the way.
    Wtf!!!!! Anyone know why???

Edit: Something about admins. Harassing him??? All links now available at his Google+ page!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

please post a ink to his g+ page...i dont want to miss out on any updates due to some dev/forum drama. ill get it outta his own personal dropbox fo all i care.

edit: https://plus.google.com/104583231915929244830/posts/jaUw7o7GETU
    Well there is no AOKP jelly bean got the Toro Plus yet. This is jelly bean and our has almost all of the milestone 6 goodies plus alloy of CM10 tweaks as well.I highly recommend giving it a go. It's a definite win! Hope that helps.
    The new official thread is on RootzWikki

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2