Stock Original Official I717r Rogers Note Firmware

Search This thread

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
I have read through various threads and couldnt find it but i know someone who was able to get me the original official Rogers i717r Firmware for people who want to revert Back to Stock, Unrooted, Like brand new.

PHONE: I717RUXLA2
PHONE:I717RUXLA2
CSC: I717RRWCLA2
Build info jan 6 2012

This firmware is to be Used with ODIN only. This is test by me personally running Rogers i717r Samsung NOTE

1, RWC_signed_Q1_USA_1221.pit (3.89 KB) PIT FILE
http://www.multiupload.nl/GUEL1DIAMF

2. ABOOT_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 (1.54 MB) BOOTLOADER FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/XSP4X7SU5O

3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST New Link http://www.multiupload.nl/U72CE005WL

4. I717RUXLA2_phone_secure_Q1_ROGERS_REV_00_CL870799.tar.md5 (26.09 MB) PHONE FILE
http://www.multiupload.nl/0KV4DII0X1

5. SGH-I717R-CSC-RWCLA2.tar.md5 (9.19 MB) CSC FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/3EZMLXNY08

All the above files are in order. Just plug them in ODIN and put your phone in download mode by holding Volume down and power button. Get the Green Guy and your are set. press start.

Enjoy.
Say Thanks if you like it. and If anyone need Samsung firmware i can help. PM me.

Last edited:

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Must be a U.S. thing as I haven't been able to connect to multiupload in quite some time now.

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
Yea maybe its hard to find free provider that will let you upload over 200 mb file

dajj

Mar 5, 2008
Halifax
Hi,

I have an ICS ROM, Can I downgrade to GB?

Also, How can I root the device after installing the stock rogers ROM? without flash the counter(if it possible) :)

Thank you very much.

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
Hi,

Also, How can I root the device after installing the stock rogers ROM? without flash the counter(if it possible) :)

Thank you very much.

i believe you can downgrade using the the rom givin and flash a different kernal that wont increase counter. quick search "flash counter reset roger" in this forum. and root wise there are alot of them. i personally havent found anything that i found stable on my phone. so i am staying away from it. until i do more research. sorry cant be help there.

Reactions: dajj

FrolToronto

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys

I rooted my Note and after few reboots my phone stocked on splash screen with logo Rogers. If i understood right I had a problem with new ROM.
Then I flashed my phone via Odin using pda-odin-rogers-stock-system-boot.tar. rebooted and I thought my phone works fine but I have new problem- phone doesnt see sim card. After I flashed modem via CWM using Rogers-Modem-CWM.zip but still have the same problem- NO SIM card...

I did it following this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630843

Finally I tried your files.After file #3 I got message on my phone:
-Veryfing Internal MMC block... checking confirmation-check(0)
Not need checksum confirmation already executed!!!...
Deleting CryprionMeta Data

#MANUAL MODE # and green robot with exclamation mark

an options on the top of the screen
-reboot
-applying update from sd card
-wipedata/factory reset
-wipe cache partitiontest redbend

Button power didnt work, just volume UP or Down.

Do you know what it was?
I just took down battery and then did next steps 4 ,5... pretty sure something was not correct... and to take down battery is could be straight way to brick phone.

However my phone turned on as new but I still have the same problem- phone doesnt see sim card.

Maybe some of you know what to do or any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you

andronikal659

Sep 28, 2011
Montreal
How can I get i717r firmware after flashing a custom ROM to get Rogers Live on my device. It says "device not compatible", and I see i717 instead of rogers model i717R

Reactions: input80

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
No I don't have a link. It is just something you learn to do. Most that install custom ROMs do so to get away from these branded apps like Rogers Live. All build.prop files are different. Some give you different IDs and some define how and what your phone will do in certain situations.

What Rogers Live looks for I am uncertain. Possibly others will know better. And if you are not careful what you change in this file your phone may not boot or run without errors. The build.prop can be found on a rooted phone in the system folder. I use root explorer to edit mine but you may find build.prop editors on google play to do this for you. Below is part of the gingerbread build.prop from this thread. You will see all the instances of I717R in red.

ro.build.host=SEP-65
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=SGH-I717R
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=SGH-I717R
ro.product.device=SGH-I717R
ro.product.board=MSM8660_SURF
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
# Samsung Specific Properties
ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
ro.build.hidden_ver=I717RUXLA2
ro.build.changelist=875155
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=CA
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=msm8660
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=SGH-I717R
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=SGH-I717R-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD 248 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I717R/SGH-I717R:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/248:user/release-keys
ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
ro.tether.denied=false
ro.flash.resolution=1080
# end build properties

Try changing your build.prop to show these instances as I717R instead of I717 and change region to CA and see how Rogers Live functions now. It may or may not work for you. Make sure you do some investigating on changing your build.prop first.

andronikal659

Sep 28, 2011
Montreal
No I don't have a link. It is just something you learn to do. Most that install custom ROMs do so to get away from these branded apps like Rogers Live. All build.prop files are different. Some give you different IDs and some define how and what your phone will do in certain situations.

What Rogers Live looks for I am uncertain. Possibly others will know better. And if you are not careful what you change in this file your phone may not boot or run without errors. The build.prop can be found on a rooted phone in the system folder. I use root explorer to edit mine but you may find build.prop editors on google play to do this for you. Below is part of the gingerbread build.prop from this thread. You will see all the instances of I717R in red.

ro.build.host=SEP-65
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I717R/SGH-I717R:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/248:user/release-keys
ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
ro.tether.denied=false
ro.flash.resolution=1080
# end build properties

Try changing your build.prop to show these instances as I717R instead of I717 and change region to CA and see how Rogers Live functions now. It may or may not work for you. Make sure you do some investigating on changing your build.prop first.

Thank you very much. That was a very detailed explanation. I appreciate you giving the time to help me out. I'll try to do some research on google first before modifying anything there, I'm not comfortable yet as I'm afraid my device will not boot. I love this community. :)

allan_esp

May 12, 2012
currently running a custom ROM and noticed the signal quality was not as good as the stock rogers. Is it possible to flash the stock radio to get the same signal quality back? and does anyone have a link to said radio .tar?

Wyrez

Mar 12, 2012
Bonnyville
Hey guys

I rooted my Note and after few reboots my phone stocked on splash screen with logo Rogers. If i understood right I had a problem with new ROM.
Then I flashed my phone via Odin using pda-odin-rogers-stock-system-boot.tar. rebooted and I thought my phone works fine but I have new problem- phone doesnt see sim card. After I flashed modem via CWM using Rogers-Modem-CWM.zip but still have the same problem- NO SIM card...

I did it following this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630843

Finally I tried your files.After file #3 I got message on my phone:
-Veryfing Internal MMC block... checking confirmation-check(0)
Not need checksum confirmation already executed!!!...
Deleting CryprionMeta Data

#MANUAL MODE # and green robot with exclamation mark

an options on the top of the screen
-reboot
-applying update from sd card
-wipedata/factory reset
-wipe cache partitiontest redbend

Button power didnt work, just volume UP or Down.

Do you know what it was?
I just took down battery and then did next steps 4 ,5... pretty sure something was not correct... and to take down battery is could be straight way to brick phone.

However my phone turned on as new but I still have the same problem- phone doesnt see sim card.

Maybe some of you know what to do or any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you
Use the little house button as enter button

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

bit of guessing but it all worked out!!
awsome work!!

Last edited:

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
I see a few already flashed this.....and I have a little inquiry. Does this (the huge file in the OP specially) also flash the stock rogers kernel (UXLA2)?

I know that there is a CWM version of the stock kernel but just wanna make sure.

thanks......i think if you have an app that reads kernel info (like CPUSpy), the kernel info should have a PREEMPT date or something. According to the system files, the date should be January 6, 20XX (if what i believe is right). thanks again. :)

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
This is the same file that Samsung uses for CAnada rogers note

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gabby131

mnakonechny

Apr 26, 2011
Surrey
Works perfectly

Just wanted to say that after downloading all the files and plugging them into odin in order, I just booted my Note into Download mode and pressed Start in odin. After 3 minutes, my phone was back to Rogers stock! Thank you so much!!

Reactions: gotshoaib

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have read through various threads and couldnt find it but i know someone who was able to get me the original official Rogers i717r Firmware for people who want to revert Back to Stock, Unrooted, Like brand new.

PHONE: I717RUXLA2
    PHONE:I717RUXLA2
    CSC: I717RRWCLA2
    Build info jan 6 2012

This firmware is to be Used with ODIN only. This is test by me personally running Rogers i717r Samsung NOTE

1, RWC_signed_Q1_USA_1221.pit (3.89 KB) PIT FILE
    http://www.multiupload.nl/GUEL1DIAMF

2. ABOOT_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 (1.54 MB) BOOTLOADER FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/XSP4X7SU5O

3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST New Link http://www.multiupload.nl/U72CE005WL

4. I717RUXLA2_phone_secure_Q1_ROGERS_REV_00_CL870799.tar.md5 (26.09 MB) PHONE FILE
    http://www.multiupload.nl/0KV4DII0X1

5. SGH-I717R-CSC-RWCLA2.tar.md5 (9.19 MB) CSC FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/3EZMLXNY08

All the above files are in order. Just plug them in ODIN and put your phone in download mode by holding Volume down and power button. Get the Green Guy and your are set. press start.

Enjoy.
    Say Thanks if you like it. and If anyone need Samsung firmware i can help. PM me.

ro.build.host=SEP-65
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
    ro.tether.denied=false
    ro.flash.resolution=1080
    # end build properties

Thanks! keeping these bookmarked for future reference
    Hi,

Thank you very much.

i believe you can downgrade using the the rom givin and flash a different kernal that wont increase counter. quick search "flash counter reset roger" in this forum. and root wise there are alot of them. i personally havent found anything that i found stable on my phone. so i am staying away from it. until i do more research. sorry cant be help there.
    How can I get i717r firmware after flashing a custom ROM to get Rogers Live on my device. It says "device not compatible", and I see i717 instead of rogers model i717R