[ROM] [6/3] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

Search This thread

Silellak

May 17, 2012
I agree. Not only is it generally slower, but it occasionally gets bogged down and starts not registering taps. I flashed directly over the earlier version; don't know if that matters though. Did you do a fresh install or flash over the old one?

Flashed over the old one. I'm back on the previous version for now, though, and quite happy.

inksoldier

Dec 13, 2012
Not sure if this is a bug but every time I use the gmail app on my phone, it doesn't sync with gmail on my laptop. I'll have like 20 unread messages on my laptop and I noticed this only occurs with this rom. Anyone else have this problem?

sephiroth2k

Nov 10, 2012
I've created a workaround hack for incoming calls, source is available - github.
readme.txt said:
AOSP Incoming Call Workaround (Hack)

Runs a background service to unlock keyguard on incoming call.

To hide the persistent notification (necessary to prevent android killing off service),
go to settings -> applications -> uncheck display notifications for AOSPICW.

Code review is welcome. There are more elegant ways to implement this fix I'm sure, might look into it further.

Attachments

• AOSPICW.apk
    191.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

budroid

Re: [ROM] [2/12] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

Not sure if this is a bug but every time I use the gmail app on my phone, it doesn't sync with gmail on my laptop. I'll have like 20 unread messages on my laptop and I noticed this only occurs with this rom. Anyone else have this problem?

I've noticed that if I use GoBackup to backup my apps and data, then install a new ROM and restore, that I have the same problem you described with Gmail (in several ROMs actually).

I've been resolving the issue by going to Settings ->Apps, force stop Gmail, then clear data. I have to put my settings and signature back afterwards but the sync works.

Edit - I have the same Gmail issue if I restore a nandroid backup also.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Reactions: inksoldier

inksoldier

Dec 13, 2012
I've noticed that if I use GoBackup to backup my apps and data, then install a new ROM and restore, that I have the same problem you described with Gmail (in several ROMs actually).

I've been resolving the issue by going to Settings ->Apps, force stop Gmail, then clear data. I have to put my settings and signature back afterwards but the sync works.

Edit - I have the same Gmail issue if I restore a nandroid backup also.

Wow, thank you so much. This problem has been bothering me for the longest time. Thanks a lot!

Luminate7s

Jul 4, 2011
It's a good rom but it annoys my that you have to unlock the phone to answer a call. +Thanks to anyone who has a solution.

inksoldier

Dec 13, 2012
It's a good rom but it annoys my that you have to unlock the phone to answer a call. +Thanks to anyone who has a solution.

There are two possible solutions that were posted, one this page and one by bpear96 a couple pages back. I can confirm that the Tasker solution to unlocking the phone works. Its been running on my phone for a couple of days now and its great.

Luminate7s

Jul 4, 2011
There are two possible solutions that were posted, one this page and one by bpear96 a couple pages back. I can confirm that the Tasker solution to unlocking the phone works. Its been running on my phone for a couple of days now and its great.

Is Tasker a market app?

EDIT: Nvm I'm not trying to pay $6+ on an app.

Last edited:

inksoldier

Dec 13, 2012

Why don't you try the other solution? I'm curious if that works too

Sent from my Rebel android, huzzah!

trekkie0927

Apr 7, 2009

Has anyone tried to use WiFi hotspot? It seems I can turn it on, but I get a force close when I try to go into the configuration settings for the SSID and password.

Looks like its the same force close as when you try to access the HTC "Personalize" settings.

Is the HTC WiFi Router APK included this ROM?

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

corrado85

Feb 2, 2008
great rom.

Moved up from Viper rom and i love this. Right away I notice improved battery life and Performance!

did anyone get their corporate email (microsoft exchange) working- It is one thing i am having issue with. No matter what settings I put, it doesn't connect

corrado85

Feb 2, 2008
also, how to utilize the hardware button to pull up options menu instead of having wasted pixels at bottom screen for it?

mikeroberts30

Jul 3, 2009

Coming from viper the simplicity is refreshing. Great job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1TzOz

1TxSB

Features:

Download and changelog:
    http://www.gizmoluster.com/2013/06/63-rebelrom-update/

Wiki with credits here
    https://bitbucket.org/bpear/rebelrom-senseless-evita/wiki/Home

Coming soon/To do:
    • Less sense
    • More awesome
    • Update to newer JB sense base
    • Theme Settings or get AOSP settings working
    • Try to get AOSP, messaging and dialer working
    • Integrate AOSP lockscreen call fix

Archive:
    February 12, 2013
    February 02, 2013
    Original ICS build (Anyone remember the hassel that went through?, I could probably find it if anyone wants it)

Screenshots: (somewhat outdated, status bar clock color is still white for example, will update soon)
    http://min.us/mxsJdoOKQvMky
    Latest screenshot from 1/27 http://puu.sh/1TtgR
    when is the next update rolling out?

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    Oh tease!! Super excited for what's to come!

It's FAST! talked to bpear last night. I'm finishing up the aosp system apps and debloat as much as I can, send it to him to get rid of everything I'm not sure of and polish it up. First build will be stock, debloated and desensed and on a major diet. After that maybe we can add some mods and tweaks ;)

Re: [ROM][1/27] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

Might work on something tomorrow :D while I'm likely snowed in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Got a major update coming to this guys if anyone is still interested. Bpear been super busy and I've been working on this for my personal use, whenever we get together we'll talk about collaborating everything we got to make a big update instead of me opening a new thread for another senseless Rom