Possible to delete all from /data/media?

Search This thread

molland

Jan 27, 2013
Hi

On my s3 misc files, there was used about 9.1 gb, now its down to 6,3 gb. The files I've deleted where in /data/media on the phone storage. Is it possible without any crash to delete all the files inside that folder?

Using omegarom v55 on my s3 international

F

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
!!ALL QUESTIONS GO IN THE Q&A FORUM!! OR THEY MAY BE DELETED

Please use the red report button and ask a mod to move the post.

Make a Nandroid and you can see if its safe .

molland

Jan 27, 2013
Tried to report it, but got this message : Sorry, we encountered an error processing your request. Please go back and retry or wait a minute.

Sorry about question in wrong section

F

E.Vogel

Dec 27, 2013
I think you can delete it.

Both my sdcard/data and /data are empty, so in my opinion you can delete data/media folder contents.

molland

Jan 27, 2013
ok, this is for internal memory/storage.

I believe its where my gb's gone into that /data/media folder

piano13

Feb 1, 2014
Hi

On my s3 misc files, there was used about 9.1 gb, now its down to 6,3 gb. The files I've deleted where in /data/media on the phone storage. Is it possible without any crash to delete all the files inside that folder?

Using omegarom v55 on my s3 international

F

Surely you can delete it in a file explorer or recovery, but what do you want to do? /data/media stores most of your media file,such as music, video……deleting them to save space doesnt make sense……

molland

Jan 27, 2013
For me it seems that its mostly old files, in clockwordmode backup (one folder got that name) there is to backups for early 2013, each on about 2gb's

I do not have any videos on my phone either

Frode

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
This covered in the sticky threads, storage changes after update to 4.3.

It is best to save all your internal sd data to external, then format internal sd before flash a firmware. Otherwise you lose storage space to hidden junk.

Reactions: molland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This covered in the sticky threads, storage changes after update to 4.3.

It is best to save all your internal sd data to external, then format internal sd before flash a firmware. Otherwise you lose storage space to hidden junk.