[Q] Do "Listen to" etc voice commands work outside of the US?

Search This thread

poww10s

Jul 18, 2012
I live in Canada, and I got my Nexus 5 from over here as well, and everything is great, except for the fact that just the music commands don't work.
If I say, listen to... it only searches online, and when I navigate the the "Phone" section, it says no results found.
Anyone else having this problem? Some people have said their is a drop down menu that lets it search up the song, but I am not getting that ever.

Thanks.

Rooted, Stock with Xsposed Framework, but It doesn't work on stock everything either.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I live in Canada, and I got my Nexus 5 from over here as well, and everything is great, except for the fact that just the music commands don't work.
If I say, listen to... it only searches online, and when I navigate the the "Phone" section, it says no results found.
Anyone else having this problem? Some people have said their is a drop down menu that lets it search up the song, but I am not getting that ever.

Thanks.

Rooted, Stock with Xsposed Framework, but It doesn't work on stock everything either.

I've never gotten it to work and I'm in the US.

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Use the voice command, "play music" instead. It will then allow you to choose what app you want to run the command with. Then, choose your music player of choice from the drop down. From then on it will use that by default.

Edit: You can also give the voice command, "help." It will show you different voice commands. There are a few variations to launch music, but for me "play music" works most effectively.

Last edited:

poww10s

Jul 18, 2012
What do you mean by this? "Play music by..." Or play music ... By ..."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk