[Q] Dust Proofing/Resistance

Search This thread

xarfrost

Mar 16, 2012
Hi XDA! Apologies for my ignorance as I have not found any search results for my curiosity. As you know, Z2 is dust proof. My question is, what in the world you need a dust resistant phone for? Hahaha.. Yes its a good feature but please enlighten me. I have an S4 which is not a dust-resistant phone and I never had a problem with dust so far.

Thanks in advance. :D

jayc1980

Feb 27, 2011
All i can say is, it's not fustbresistant around the edges, I get plenty of dust around the edge of the screen. A run under the tap fixes that though haha

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app

xarfrost

Mar 16, 2012
I kinda get the idea. So dust resistant means not much dust will stick on the screen? Like rubbing it on a dusty cloth/carpet means dust wont stick? hmmm... lol.

G.Reaper

Jul 20, 2010
What? No, it has to do with the classifications of the certification. Tell me, how do you make a device waterproof without having it also dustproof?

pauley

May 28, 2010
Find a contractor with a phone that has a removable battery & remove the cover. You'll usually see a ton of dust fall out. It can actually cause SIM/memory card read problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well in the PC world if you get dust inside your case it will run hotter. Also dust can catch on fire if hot enough.