[Q] Boot loop.

Search This thread

nobad

Aug 18, 2010
Hi guys, i have a very strange problem with my Note 2 when trying to upgrade from Hurricane 4.3 to Phantom 4.4.2. or Dr Ketan Custom ROMV8 4.4.2.

No matter if i use TWRP latest or Phils latest recovery it just stop at Samsung logo.
I have tried with both Mj5 and Nd3 bootloader, both compatible with 4.4.2 and i do all the wiping needed before i flash.
Md5 is checked on all files.

I have tried this atleast 10 times but always ending up with nandroid back to Hurricane.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hi guys, i have a very strange problem with my Note 2 when trying to upgrade from Hurricane 4.3 to Phantom 4.4.2. or Dr Ketan Custom ROMV8 4.4.2.

No matter if i use TWRP latest or Phils latest recovery it just stop at Samsung logo.
I have tried with both Mj5 and Nd3 bootloader, both compatible with 4.4.2 and i do all the wiping needed before i flash.

I have tried this atleast 10 times but always ending up with nandroid back to Hurricane.

In that case flash 4.4.2 stock rom , root it and then flash custom rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nobad

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Just to be precise: Flash stock rom 4.4.2 as suggested and afterwards a custom recovery, both using Odin, no need to root. Then you can flash any rom you like :good:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Thank you for your answer, can i flash any 4.4.2 ROM since no NEE (nordic countrys) out yet, France or Gremany per exemple?
Yes you can.Only the modem version might be different so you might have to change that if you you experience slow data speeds and weak signal.But France has ND3 modem which i am using in India and no issues with network or data speeds so you should be okay too.

nobad

Aug 18, 2010
Yes you can.Only the modem version might be different so you might have to change that if you you experience slow data speeds and weak signal.But France has ND3 modem which i am using in India and no issues with network or data speeds so you should be okay too.

It did work, dont know why but now i could install any 4.4.2 ROMs :laugh:
U guys did a great job helping me out here, i really appreciate it, many thanks :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In that case flash 4.4.2 stock rom , root it and then flash custom rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Just to be precise: Flash stock rom 4.4.2 as suggested and afterwards a custom recovery, both using Odin, no need to root. Then you can flash any rom you like :good:
    Thank you for your answer, can i flash any 4.4.2 ROM since no NEE (nordic countrys) out yet, France or Gremany per exemple?