Need Help getting to stock rom!

Search This thread

androidhacker007

Mar 26, 2014
Ok this is my problem, I was on a custom rom because kikat was not released for my device. when it was I used odin and flashed the stock jelly bean rom I had. it worked and I went into settings and clicked update. when I came back to my tablet it had stock kikat 4.4.2. I went into download mode to add twrp and root. in download mode there was a new string of text after I flash twrp:

ODIN mode
product name:sm-t310_NA
current binary:
system status:
AP SEREV: A1

the "AP SEREV: A1" was new, For some reason twrp worked but i could not get root access so in twrp I restored a backup of my custom rom. so I gave it another try but when I tried to flash jelly bean, it gave me an error(FAILED) in oden and gave me a "invalid magic string" error in download mode.
What should i do, I am stuck on a custom rom I dont want. if it is a matter of flashing kikat in odin, then please direct me to the American SM-T310 kikat STOCK ROM file

thanks

ps if there is some new way of getting root in kikat that would also help.

murayoshi

Dec 24, 2012
From the land beyond beyond
Ok this is my problem, I was on a custom rom because kikat was not released for my device. when it was I used odin and flashed the stock jelly bean rom I had. it worked and I went into settings and clicked update. when I came back to my tablet it had stock kikat 4.4.2. I went into download mode to add twrp and root. in download mode there was a new string of text after I flash twrp:

ODIN mode
current binary:
system status:

the "AP SEREV: A1" was new, For some reason twrp worked but i could not get root access so in twrp I restored a backup of my custom rom. so I gave it another try but when I tried to flash jelly bean, it gave me an error(FAILED) in oden and gave me a "invalid magic string" error in download mode.
What should i do, I am stuck on a custom rom I dont want. if it is a matter of flashing kikat in odin, then please direct me to the American SM-T310 kikat STOCK ROM file

thanks

Try towel root http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784152

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia

ODIN mode
current binary:
system status:

thanks

This thread DOESNT belong here!!!
This thread must be moved on q&a

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011

Tromatic

Feb 24, 2013
Never, ever do an OTA update. You never know what sort of turd you are going to get. See the Knox fiasco, or my iPad 2 that is going to be a rifle target after a retard I loaned it to updated to 7-whatever.

Two things to try.

The Toolkit and this ROM.

If you already have a recovery on your Tab, this should be simple. Download one of the rooted versions of the ROM, get it on to your tablet (SD card preferred), wipe and install.

If all else fails, try GalaTab3. It WILL work, unless your mo-sheen is broken.

ETA: Whoa, does the stock Samsung 4.4.x ROM have Knox as well?

Last edited: