Request Root Xolo 8X-1100

Search This thread

abhishek majithia

Oct 1, 2014
Finally rooted my xolo play 8x 1100.

Namaste, abhishek here.

i have finally rooted my phone.
i followed the procedure for rooting it from this video.
search for this.

How to Root every MTK China Phone - Readback With SP-Flash - Root + CWM on INEW V8

some tips

first of all i am not responsible for you bricking your phone.
see the video five times at least, it looks simple but will take time to do.

you need to download
the following (i have tried to attach the ones i could find. )

adb driver - the computer uses this to connect to the phone when the phone is switched on and connected to the pc.

you need the com driver i have supplied it here.

i have a few tips -
if you are on windows 8. Then switch of device driver digital signing off. please google how to do it.

when you are using the flash tool. ( have attached)

go to options in the flash tool and change the setting from auto detect to without battery.( this helps).

i have attached the address of the cache. (txt file)

also have attached the modified recovery img. (if your cache address is the same then i would have saved you a lot of trouble).

but take a back up of your phone.

please check the video.

regards.

all the best.

Attachments

• USB_VCOM_Drivers.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 75
  • AdbDriverInstaller.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 106
  • usbdeview_droidtricks_2.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Play8X-1100_140928__recovery_141001-051901.img
    6.4 MB · Views: 150
  • MT6592_Android_scatter.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: jk kulal

dip1991

Jan 30, 2013
I'm also planning to buy this device.

for rooting can we do this method??
1.pullout stock boot img from system with droidtool.

2.unpack boot.img and edit ro.secure to 0and again pack boot.img.

3. flash sure.zip

can this work????

badshah.mb

Jul 29, 2012
I dont have PC so i need one click root method

Namaste, abhishek here.

search for this.

How to Root every MTK China Phone - Readback With SP-Flash - Root + CWM on INEW V8

some tips

you need to download

adb driver - the computer uses this to connect to the phone when the phone is switched on and connected to the pc.

i have a few tips -
if you are on windows 8. Then switch of device driver digital signing off. please google how to do it.

go to options in the flash tool and change the setting from auto detect to without battery.( this helps).

also have attached the modified recovery img. (if your cache address is the same then i would have saved you a lot of trouble).

please check the video.

regards.

all the best.

kruga

Dec 4, 2013
Something weird is happening. I rooted using MTK Droid and SP Flash, and flashed modified recovery. So far so good.

But now when I try to use Titanium Backup on any location, internal/external it doesn;t work giving insufficient storage space error, even after using the kitkat fix.

I have a similar problem with File Manager HD. Works fine till I give it root permission. But after giving it, it can no longer see storage, sdcard0 or sdcard1...

Any ideas?

Last edited:

kruga

Dec 4, 2013
Solved most of the problems, but the system seems a bit unstable, not sure its because of Kitkat, which I don't like, or because of the phone.

Anyway, for those having problems with TB not able to protect backups set the permission of media_rw folder to 750 (use any root file manager to set permission, rwxr-x---). You will need to do this at every boot unless you use a script.

Last edited:

Ashok sha

Mar 23, 2014
Now am using mmx canvas4 but am planning to buy a xolo play 8x1100.... Can anyone pls tell me about the overall performance of the phone ...pls!!

Sent from my A210 using XDA Free mobile app

mtktauseef

Nov 6, 2012
Kanpur
Easy way of rooting Xolo play 8x i got now

Hi

I have purchased new xolo play 8X-1100
Pls guide rooting process as there is no guide till now

specs:

- 1.7 GHz Octa Core MT6592 Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 700 MHz Mali 450 GPU

Cheers

Simply you can root this phone without using any tool and only with just an internet Connection.

helpout.solutions

Dec 7, 2014
this blog have answers

@badshah,

Am planning to buy, b4 i decide, i hv few question on 8x1100

1. is the battery removable ??
2. how is the GSM/3G singal, any drops seen ? are both sim slots 3G enabled ???
3. How is the GPS locking, is it usable for navigation like sygic.
4. any heating issues while playing games ???
5. how is the wifi signal strength say at 10feets ?
6. how is the battery life ??.
7. how is the overall build quality ???
8. if possible can u make a video review and post it on youtube ???
9. are the capacitive buttons backlit ?
10. can mv apps to SD card ?

TA
hanu

Hi please visit gadgetsnews24x7.blogspot.in for review of this mobile

logeshwywan

Oct 29, 2012
Chennai
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 9R
No problem with this phone... Everything works perfectly...

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Hi,

It's easy to root our xolo play 8x 1100,
Just install kingroot apk,
Just one click, we got su!

Ashok sha

Mar 23, 2014
Am trying to backup via titanium backup but it shows insufficient storage pls can help me!!!.
Sent from my A210 using XDA Free mobile app

adityaroy612

Oct 10, 2013
Need help.
Can you please provide me proper guide for rooting my phone. Have tried srsroot, kingroot, kingoapp, towelroot framaroot.

Sent from my Play8X-1100 using XDA Free mobile app

Deepwsh palan

Jan 17, 2015
rooted my xolo play 8x-1100

Pls guide with steps also.
thanks.

yes root done ...

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Hi

I have purchased new xolo play 8X-1100
Pls guide rooting process as there is no guide till now

specs:

- 1.7 GHz Octa Core MT6592 Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 700 MHz Mali 450 GPU

Cheers

i did it serch in YouTube will post link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this..

Your method is for MMX A350, this is xolo ... What u trying to say or do here?

Go to shuame.com....and click android Icon at upside of pc logo...and download and run it..it should work!
    If we don't consider the money, which one should I go for?
    Xolo play 8x-1100 or Xolo play 8x-1200?

Both phones have similar features :

• 8x-1200 is clocked at 2.0 GHz octa core and 1100 is 1.7 GHz octa core (1200 is better here)
    • 1200 has a higher PPI of 441 whereas 1100 has a PPI of 294. (significant difference here. 1200 is way better here)
    • 1200 is quite thick while 1100 is comparatively slim. (something important for me. 1100 is better here)
    • 1200 has non expandable 32 Gb internal storage and 1100 has 16 Gb internal + 32 Gb expandable. (1100 better here)
    • 1100 has a nice flip cover which shows date and time on lockscreen. Whereas 1200 has a normal flip cover. (1100 has better cover) [Not really a major factor, but it sure is good to have a phone that looks hot]
    • This thread tells me that 1100 has root available. (Very important for me.) 1200 has no 'confirmed' root right now as far as I know.
    • 1200 has 2300 mAh while 1100 has 2100 mAh (1200 better here.)
    • 1200 has higher resolution (1080x1920 pixels) while 1100 has 720x1280 pixels (1200 better here)

Dimensions :

Xolo play 8x - 1200 : 143.00 x 68.50 x 9.70
    Xolo play 8x - 1100 : 141.50 x 70.80 x 8.70

I know this isn't directly related to 'rooting' Xolo play 8x-1100', but rooting is one of the key factors for considering this phone. So I'd just like some help.

Please help me through this :)

CPU speed - not much difference
    higher PPI or higher resolution = higher battery consumtion. on a 5' device you can't make out much diff between a HD screen and FHD screen. I will go with 1100
    1100 is very slim and very light weight .... most of my friends were amazed to have this power house in their hand and it's got premium looks
    expandable storage is very important, it's one of the main reason i bought it bcoz i have 32 gb class 10 sd card
    1100 has a smart flip cover which is magnetic built and works with hall sensor in the phone. there are many functions with this cover. its functionality is same as Galaxy S4. This covers are very costly compared to normal covers.
    1200 has Li-ion battery whereas 1100 has Li-Poly battery. Li-Poly batteries are wery light weight and costly compared to cheap and heavy Li-ion
    1100 has steel black color in front which blends amazingly with the screen. the design and looks are premium
    Rooting is very imp for me as well and waiting eagerly for root ...... having patience as the device is still new, let's see.
    Finally rooted my xolo play 8x 1100.

Namaste, abhishek here.

search for this.

some tips

you need to download

i have a few tips -

please check the video.

regards.

all the best.