[Official] SG Note II in the Philippines

Search This thread

NadMaj

Oct 23, 2011
Caloocan
www.3minit.com
Yes, so are they full wipe? Since some of the md5 roms are full wipe while others are not..

as far as i know flashing stock firmwares is at the user's discretion to do a wipe or not.. i'm not used to flashing stock roms., but when i do i only do a full wipe when there's a big gap in the changelist from the one that i am currently using..

EDIT: i have never heard of stock samsung firmwares that requires a full wipe and some do not.. :confused:

so if there is really something like that please explain it to me or give me a link coz i'm not really aware if or that there's something like different md5 files that requires wipe and some doesn't.. :)

Last edited:

francis820

as far as i know flashing stock firmwares is at the user's discretion to do a wipe or not.. i'm not used to flashing stock roms., but when i do i only do a full wipe when there's a big gap in the changelist from the one that i am currently using..

EDIT: i have never heard of stock samsung firmwares that requires a full wipe and some do not.. :confused:

so if there is really something like that please explain it to me or give me a link coz i'm not really aware if or that there's something like different md5 files that requires wipe and some doesn't.. :)

Usually a wipe isn't really necessary except, say for example, jumping from ICS to JB or from stock to custom ROM. Be warned though that there are stock ROMs that DO the wipe for you so if you're caught unguarded then hell on earth is unleashed :D

Sent from my GT-I9100

Last edited:

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010

This is just basing on my previous experience with flashing stock ROM/Firmwares from my older Samsung devices ( S1/S2/N1 ) some stock ROMs will perform a full wipe while others will not.

EDIT:

3rd time trying OTA and it still says firmware update failed after choosing install.. already rebooted my phone. All stock.

I installed a custom kernel and rooted my phone before but now its back to the stock kernel and I have removed the root, would this cause the issue why as to my update after hitting install when its done downloading?

Last edited:

NadMaj

Oct 23, 2011
Caloocan
www.3minit.com
This is just basing on my previous experience with flashing stock ROM/Firmwares from my older Samsung devices ( S1/S2/N1 ) some stock ROMs will perform a full wipe while others will not.

EDIT:

3rd time trying OTA and it still says firmware update failed after choosing install.. already rebooted my phone. All stock.

I installed a custom kernel and rooted my phone before but now its back to the stock kernel and I have removed the root, would this cause the issue why as to my update after hitting install when its done downloading?

could be... or maybe you still have busybox installed?.. it's at system/xbin.. if you cant update ota just dl the whole firmware and flash.. :D

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
could be... or maybe you still have busybox installed?.. it's at system/xbin.. if you cant update ota just dl the whole firmware and flash.. :D

Im certain I didnt install busybox but yeah, I guess i have to download the whole firmware and reflash... hopefully it wont wipe my data but I've already backed up my stuff..

icyzx

Feb 9, 2013
Hi! good day to all!

would it be possible to install local app for my samsung note 2 N7102 since its navigator area's are all in china places..

thanks

tipsy13

Jan 29, 2013
Im certain I didnt install busybox but yeah, I guess i have to download the whole firmware and reflash... hopefully it wont wipe my data but I've already backed up my stuff..

It will not wipe your data, but it's always a good idea to backup yout data amd apps..

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

EDIT:

Samsung has, AFAIK, a binary counter so it would know if you've modified and flashed your system.. Try using triangle away and click on the "modified status workaround" to try and fool samsung that you haven't done anything to your system and that it's all stock.. This is not a sound proof solution for your problem though but worth a try, rather than downloading 1Gb of firmware files from the ever so slow hotfile..

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Hi! good day to all!

would it be possible to install local app for my samsung note 2 N7102 since its navigator area's are all in china places..

thanks

Please elaborate more on this, are you asking if there are local apps? Maps? Gps apps? To try and answer your query, from my understanding :D, try sygic SE asia, im using that as my primary GPS app..

GT-N7100
Stock XXDMA6
PERSEUS 31.2
CPU @ 1800 MHz
GPU @ 800 MHz

If it aint broke, tweak it!
Tapatalk 2

note2graphics

Feb 3, 2013
Guys why didn't I receive the OTA ? I flashed my phone to the ph firmware , i think it was the ph or sun firmware.

About using launchers like golauncher. So when I choose go launcher over the touchwiz interface, does touchwiz still run in the background and consume battery ? Or it stays idle and just consumes the device space ?

I want to change icons for some applications without using other programs, can I root it and change the icons permanently ? What do you suggest ? If I can use a program , what do you recommend ?

maxram

Dec 2, 2012
hi guys and wanam,

I just want to ask. ive been trying to connect my phone to my adhoc setup from my laptop.. but the note 2 lte cannot even find the SSID.. I have read that this is a problem with android.. but really cannot find a possible fix.. or maybe im just missing something..

if you guys can point me, possibly a link where i can read the fix for this issue..

i would really appreciate it. thanks!

Adhoc works fine on my note 2. It depends on the wifi card your laptop has. If it's an old laptop about 5 years ago it might notbe suitable for ad hoc with new devices. That or you can download and try connectify program for you laptop

Oh snap! I don't have a witty tapatalk signature!

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Weird. After applying OTA update my phone got hot.

Oh snap! I don't have a witty tapatalk signature!

sesepark

Jan 30, 2013
Pasig
Guys why didn't I receive the OTA ? I flashed my phone to the ph firmware , i think it was the ph or sun firmware.

About using launchers like golauncher. So when I choose go launcher over the touchwiz interface, does touchwiz still run in the background and consume battery ? Or it stays idle and just consumes the device space ?

I want to change icons for some applications without using other programs, can I root it and change the icons permanently ? What do you suggest ? If I can use a program , what do you recommend ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I think you need to go deep into theming for what you want. I believe there are several theme tutorials in xda. Try those for starters

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

NadMaj

Oct 23, 2011
Caloocan
www.3minit.com

try desktop visualizer.. never tried it but i think it can change your app icons...

and for icons the best one is tha icon.. you can also visit the thread here so you can see all icons and free downloads..

Last edited:

PaulitoX77

flashing the PH firmware is not enough. You have to manually change your csc.

I advised one member from the Fb group who had a unit from another country, after flashing the ph rom he changed his csc. After that he was able to get the OTA for the latest update

francis820

flashing the PH firmware is not enough. You have to manually change your csc.

I advised one member from the Fb group who had a unit from another country, after flashing the ph rom he changed his csc. After that he was able to get the OTA for the latest update

Kies rely on CSC info for OTAs and other regional stuff. Your CSC should match that of their regional server to get OTA updates, otherwise that popular error message "Your phone cannot be updated" appears when one tries to do so.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

wala po ba LTE ang n7100 dapat n7105 lang po ba?

N7105 is the LTE version of the Note 2.

Sent from my GT-I9100

grandpaping

Feb 14, 2013
Notes 2 not updating

I need help. My Notes 2 is not updating. It is still in 4.1.1 I tried using Kies or the unit update but it says that my firmware is updated. I am not sure it the unit I have is rooted but I can save in an external SD card. The unit came from my grandson but he also doesn't know what to do to update. I am new and not familiar with how to do the procedures being mentioned here but if anyone is patient enough to help out I will really appreciate it. Thank you.

Mega001

Feb 3, 2013
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/blogs/insights/02/14/13/congress-erased-every-filipinos-ri

Sorry for being somewhat off topic but if this news is true then rooting is illegal in the Philippines.
This is much worse than anti-cybercrime law.

I can't post links so....

Look for
"Congress erased every Filipino's right to bring home music, movies and books from abroad
By Raïssa Robles
Posted at 02/14/2013 11:59 AM | Updated as of 02/14/2013 12:29 PM" on abs-cbnnews .com

tipsy13

Jan 29, 2013
Sorry for being somewhat off topic but if this news is true then rooting is illegal in the Philippines.

Look for
"Congress erased every Filipino's right to bring home music, movies and books from abroad
By Raïssa Robles
Posted at 02/14/2013 11:59 AM | Updated as of 02/14/2013 12:29 PM" on abs-cbnnews .com

I don't have the energy to search for the article but, may it be illegal or not, good luck enforcing that.. One of the perks of being in a 3rd world country.. Haha

GT-N7100
Stock XXDMA6
PERSEUS 31.2
CPU @ 1800 MHz
GPU @ 800 MHz

If it aint broke, tweak it!
Tapatalk 2

BratPAQ

Sep 21, 2008
Velo City

Look for
By Raïssa Robles

I hope this is just misinterpretation of the law, else we're screwed.

http://raissarobles.com/2013/02/14/...ring-home-music-movies-and-books-from-abroad/
Under this new law, once you modify a device (for instance “jailbreaking” an Apple product such as an iPhone or iPad) in order to remove restrictions on what and how apps and content can be stored and used — you can be held criminally liable for ”copyright infringement.” The amended version introduces for the first time in our criminal law the concept of “digital rights management” (DRM) – which also covers how we use digital devices on the Internet and which behaviors are considered criminal.

Penalties for “jailbreaking” and other forms of copyright infringement range from three years in jail and at least P150,000 for the first offense, and up to nine years in jail and P1.5 million pesos for the third and subsequent offenses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ganown!? HAHA! Eh anong trip mong device niyan sir? Ok naman si Note 2 so far ah? Lalo na pag rooted na. :))
    Sir, please write in english to prevent our thread from getting locked.
    It's a forum rule and you're on an international forum, even if this thread is for Filipinos.
    I'm seeing some common queries from our kababayans. So here's some facts that might help out future questions:

* Regardless of what CSC you have, you can manually flash any Samsung Official ROM from sammobile.com using PC Odin. Nothing to worry about.
    * Rooting is entirely different from software unlocking. It won't unlock your phone just by rooting.
    * Don't worry too much about trying to reset your binary counter. As long as you don't step on your phone, it won't break. Besides, there is always Triangle Away.
    * Once you root, you can't do any OTA so stop trying.. Like for real. Even if you have an official stock rom.
    * Mobile Odin + Custom Recovery are the only things you'll ever need. You'll never have to connect your phone from your PC/Mac again.. Like ever.
    * USB debugging is a thing of the past. When you want to transfer files from and to your phone, Airdroid is what you want.
    * Avoid clearing your cached apps. Please... It will only make your battery drain faster. Android has a unique app + memory management that's built in.
    * Unusual battery drain when flashing a new ROM is but normal. Let the ROM settle for a few days before you start freaking out.
    * The only thing that will surely (101%) brick your phone is when you flash a different radio for a different model. When you do that, don't even bother rescuing your poor phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100

ROM: MIUI JB v3.1.25
    Kernel: Stock v3.0.31
    Recovery: CWM Touch v6.0.1.5
    Guys may alam ba kayong mabibilihan ng spen?? Nawala spen ko .. di ko naactivate yung keeper.. hai:(

from GODFATHER GT-N7100
    DMB4 PHILIPPINES..

1,000+ pesos for a new S-Pen on Samsung stores.

If anyone likes to buy an extra battery, go to CD-R King. They have a 3100 mAh battery for only 420 pesos.

Almost identical battery life from the original. Good deal :)
    Mga kabayan for me, everytime i have an update whether kies or ota, i do a factory reset. This is just me because long long time ako during the SII days i got crappy batt life after an update. Did an FR and that solved it. So that became my style ever since, again this is just me.

Did update to 4.1.2 through Kies, did an FR, got no issues and good batt life. Did the recent update to MA6 through OTA, again silly me still did an FR, i get good battery life. For me i do not like to rely on the phone optimizing the apps. So i want an FR which gives me the new firmware like brand new lol, again this is just me.

If i dont need to use data, (3G or H+) i always set my phone to GSM Only. If you need to use data, choose wcdma only. Auto mode drains battery and keeps selecting the best signal.

If you have crappy network signal, left your phone idle, even with data off...expect some batt drain specially when your on auto mode.

I agree with Prince, clearing RAM can cause additional drain, so just do it when you are about to retire to bed. Your phone should go into deep sleep when idle after clearing ram...example after the MA6 update, 10% left on the phone, went to sleep, woke up 6 hours later with still 10%, so deep sleep with the new update is good.

If you leave your phone idle, data off, and your phone does not go into deep sleep then check if you have wake locks. Click on battery graph, AWAKE bar should match SCREEN bar, if it does not then you do have wake locks. If they match, then its your network signal

i am no expert but this system works for me. just sharing mga kabayan.
    everyone of us started as a noob.. it's obvious he didn't read the rules so no need to play smart and say such things.. especially to our own kababayans.
    this thread is created for us filipinos to help and guide each other especially the new ones.. so HELP the new ones.. if they violated a rule then tell them..

anyways:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.