Galaxy S5 Live Demo Unit Kernel

Search This thread

iorya984

Jul 26, 2010
Hi to everyone,
I'm wondering if there's a way to get a Kernell fully working for a Galaxy S5 Live Demo Unit. For the S4 it were simply with an official firmware cooked and Adam's Kernel, but with S5 I don't know if this can work or not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

jopa7

Apr 13, 2012
Hi there, i am still waiting for my demo unit to put it in "normal" mode. For the Note 3 you had to:

1. Download the CF-Auto-Root and root device
2. Create backup
3. Wait for someone to create a firmware (from another firmware) without the functionalities that dont work on S5 demo (modem, etc)
4. Flash it with odin

So we will have to wait for someone to create this firmware. Perhaps not difficult (?)

iorya984

Jul 26, 2010
Hi there, i am still waiting for my demo unit to put it in "normal" mode. For the Note 3 you had to:

1. Download the CF-Auto-Root and root device
2. Create backup
3. Wait for someone to create a firmware (from another firmware) without the functionalities that dont work on S5 demo (modem, etc)
4. Flash it with odin

So we will have to wait for someone to create this firmware. Perhaps not difficult (?)

Hi Jopa7,
actually I'm able to do all you've said, including create a Firmware for a Live Demo Unit (I did with a Galaxy S4 with success).
My only problem is to get a good and stable kernell that can work with the LDU of S5. For the S4 there was the Adam's Kernel that works great, but only for S4. For GS5 I canno't find a good one.

jopa7

Apr 13, 2012
Hi Jopa7,
actually I'm able to do all you've said, including create a Firmware for a Live Demo Unit (I did with a Galaxy S4 with success).
My only problem is to get a good and stable kernell that can work with the LDU of S5. For the S4 there was the Adam's Kernel that works great, but only for S4. For GS5 I canno't find a good one.

Hi, but in Galaxy Note 3 demo unit you could use stock kernel. I think you can do the same in S5. I have 2 S5, one of them also demo unit but still havent got time to try. Did you tried to flash a "custom" made firmware (with original modem and bootloader!) and with pit file(to get stock internal storage) etc from european open stock rom (german for example)? I am almost sure it will work ok

Cheers

iorya984

Jul 26, 2010
Hi, but in Galaxy Note 3 demo unit you could use stock kernel. I think you can do the same in S5. I have 2 S5, one of them also demo unit but still havent got time to try. Did you tried to flash a "custom" made firmware (with original modem and bootloader!) and with pit file(to get stock internal storage) etc from european open stock rom (german for example)? I am almost sure it will work ok

Cheers

No, I didn't try yet cause I think I'm the first outa here and I wanna be ery sure to do all things right ;)
For the S4 the stock firmware needed for pull out modem and other stuff. The result were a .md5 file without a modem and NON-HLOS.bin.
And it works perfectly, after flashing a new Kernell. Do you think this way can work also for S5 without flashing any Kernel?