Virgin mobile 4.4 update fails .. Aborted. BUT I WANT 4.4 and unroot :),i need help.

Search This thread

Xanafuego

Sep 7, 2011
I'm having this problem too, I don't consider myself a noob, but my wife is sick she's pregnant and I have 3 daughters under 6. I have searched the forums until my eyes full with blood. I have a virgin mobile galaxy s3 rooted using clockwork mod custom recovery. Twice now they have offered to 4.4 update, frankly, I want to take it and unroot, I want the new update and I will root it again myself later. But both times it fails. Aborted. I have gathered in the threads its something to do with my custom recovery when I need it spelled out more than that. I've been working 19 hours a day and I'm a bit delirious. What can I do to make the update go through I don't care losing root. And my friends I'm sorry but I have looked everywhere for the answer and I am just exhausted with 2 jobs in a baby on the way. I apologize in advance can someone spell out for me what I should do I do not have a p_c or a computer can I do this from the phone? Is there a custom recovery or method I can do so the update will take? It gets more confusing more I read.. This time in from the little bit of research I have found I do not know if the update is still on my phone or not? I can't find it? They have offered it to me twice and when I check for the update in the update menu it is gone. I hope Samsung and virgin does not stop offering it because as crazy as it sounds I want a 4.4 stock unrooted.rooted I hope the ota is still on here. Can someone help me? You guys are awesome for years I've been looking at these threads and I rarely have to post because it's all spelled out. But this time I need a little help from my friends. Virgin Mobile galaxy s3 4.3 knoxed up clockworkmod custom recovery. I'm sorry if this is redundant but my situation is unique. I want the 4.4 stock and I don't know what I can do to make it happen. Been following these threads for years you have made my life more entertaining and much easier

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Xanafuego

Sep 7, 2011
Don't learn do when he found me yet! I've done a bit more research and I have uncovered that I have to get a different recovery, but I wonder if there's any recovery I could use other than stock? I'm not sure how to go back to stock recovery now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You'll need to find the stock recovery tar file and use Odin. No custom recovery will allow you to install an OTA.