[UTIL] SICC - Sense Icon Cache Clearer

Search This thread

iridium21

Jul 15, 2009
Lancashire
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I don't know if bugs anyone else, but after changing icons with CSMI or JWMD it annoys me that
I have to mess about deleting Sense 2.5's icon cache for my new icons to show up in the quick links.

So, I was looking for an app that did this automatically - I couldn't find one :(

So, I've written one that deletes the Sense icon cache and then gives you the option of restarting
your phone:

siccscreencrop.jpg

I know it's relatively simple, but you never know, someone else may find it useful... :p

If you do find this useful and wish to throw me a few pennies then -

Thank you!

(included in the .zip are some Metro style replacement icons for SICC)

Attachments

• SICC_V0.1.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 4,620

rodrigoratan

Jul 21, 2007
São Paulo, SP
I was wondering if you can also do a little proggie to clear other Sense caches like past tweets cache, facebook album images, all things that slow down the phone and should be clearead often. :)

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
Hi,

This is a nice program, although I got used to clear the Application Data ProgLauncher folder. I have to admit that I didn't test your program, but the screenshot suggests that the phone restarts after clearing cache.

Maybe you can improve this, by just restarting Sense.

Using MortScript, a Sense restart can be done via:
Code:
regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense, Enabled, 0
RedrawToday

regWriteDword HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense, Enabled, 1
RedrawToday
Exit

But I'm sure there is a native code version to do that. Good luck! ;)

dj kumbia

Oct 14, 2008
The only icon that don't change for me are Youtube, Camera, Google Maps?

All the rest of the icons are changed except those...

digitalme!

Aug 12, 2007
Murrieta, CA
The only icon that don't change for me are Youtube, Camera, Google Maps?

All the rest of the icons are changed except those...

This same thing was driving me nuts and no matter how i changed the icons they would never change on the program launcher. Fotunately I finally found the solution elsewhere, for me it was because i was using an icon that had the same name as one that was already stored in the Windows folder. Apparently the program launcher will use the one stored in the Windows folder first. So either A. Copy your icon to the windows folder and overwrite the existing one (if you can) or B. Rename the icon all together; i chose option B :)

dj kumbia

Oct 14, 2008
This same thing was driving me nuts and no matter how i changed the icons they would never change on the program launcher. Fotunately I finally found the solution elsewhere, for me it was because i was using an icon that had the same name as one that was already stored in the Windows folder. Apparently the program launcher will use the one stored in the Windows folder first. So either A. Copy your icon to the windows folder and overwrite the existing one (if you can) or B. Rename the icon all together; i chose option B :)
I think im going with Option B as well

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
I'm not a Sense user but...

I've been looking for something similar but meant for the Windows Mobile icon cache (the whole system or just a desired folder). No such luck yet...

Any chance you could do it? Is it even possible (I get the feeling that the setup.dll from cab setups is capable of doing this... may be wrong though)? I surely could use a small (no GUI) exe just for this purpose...

I found this thread with some code snipets which are reported to work for Start Menu (at least in old WM versions) but not being a coder...

Last edited: