[Tool] Nvflash unbricking released!

Search This thread

rayman

Senior Recognized Developer
May 1, 2008
Hi,

As most of you probably already know by now, I have released a fully functional nvflash for Transformer yesterday :D
More information is available at http://androidroot.mobi/2011/06/13/nvflash-on-asus-transformer/

UPDATE 15-06-2011:Bumble-Bee (Apache14) is just as much to thank for this as me! Both of us (from AndroidRoot.Mobi) have worked hard on making this happen! Thanks to Roach for providing the nvflash-ready Prime 1.4 ROM!

UPDATE: The Prime 1.4 linked is European (WW) build! Roach will release 1.5 soon probably and there'll be both WW and US available. I'm planning to write a quick guide on how to root when running stock 3.1 already (it's pretty easy!)! E.g. to stay on full stock and *just* have root :)

Windows nvflash
Linux nvflash

Quick guide to unbricking:

1. Connect cable to computer and turn device on while holding down Volume Up. Screen will stay off, but USB will come on.
  2. (Windows only) Find “APX” device in Device manager and update driver, then point it at usbpcdriver directory from the zip
  3. Run download.sh (linux) or download.bat (windows)
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Last edited:

k_myk

May 6, 2009
Warsaw
Hi,

As most of you probably already know by now, I have released a fully functional nvflash for Transformer yesterday :D
More information is available at http://androidroot.mobi/2011/06/13/nvflash-on-asus-transformer/

Windows nvflash
Linux nvflash

1. Connect cable to computer and turn device on while holding down Volume Up. Screen will stay off, but USB will come on.
  2. (Windows only) Find “APX” device in Device manager and update driver, then point it at usbpcdriver directory from the zip
  4. ???
  5. Profit

WOW, It's "just like that"? Really that's all what you have to do to unbrick a device? I guess times when flashing roms was dangerous have passed:)

Great job:)

atlaswingpasaway

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto Canada
unbrick tool came before root tool. lol
but it's a very useful program for all of us.
thanks for this!

i have a question though, my Samsung Vibrant was HARDWARE LOCKED, which makes button combinations to enter recovery/download modes impossible.
Is there any possibility that my TF has a hardware lock too which will prevent me from accessing the USB when it gets bricked?

i have experience in rooting and/or jailbreaking but i havent rooted my TF yet, coz the only way to root right now is kind of "not layman friendly". and i hate the terms BLOBS. lol

thank you.

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I'm rooted running prime 1.4 could some one explain in laymans terms what difference this makes to me and what if anything I need to do to benefit to my TF

DESIRE HD using leedroid. ASUS TRANSFORMER using prime

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
unbrick tool came before root tool. lol
but it's a very useful program for all of us.
thanks for this!

i have a question though, my Samsung Vibrant was HARDWARE LOCKED, which makes button combinations to enter recovery/download modes impossible.
Is there any possibility that my TF has a hardware lock too which will prevent me from accessing the USB when it gets bricked?

i have experience in rooting and/or jailbreaking but i havent rooted my TF yet, coz the only way to root right now is kind of "not layman friendly". and i hate the terms BLOBS. lol

thank you.

Either you didn't read the post or you might be dyslexic. If you unbrick your device you're pushing a custom ROM which means you automatically get root.

Last edited:

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
So I'm rooted running prime 1.4 could some one explain in laymans terms what difference this makes to me and what if anything I need to do to benefit to my TF

DESIRE HD using leedroid. ASUS TRANSFORMER using prime

You don't need this your already rooted. This is a easy way to root and it can also revive bricks, custom flash different partitions and who knows what other functions can be done with nvflash.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

atlaswingpasaway

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto Canada
Either you didn't read the post or you might be dyslexic. If you unbrick your device you're pushing a custom ROM which means you automatically get root.

it might be both! lol sorry my bad.

im new to tablet/honeycomb rooting so i dont know much about this.
so... im on stock 3.1 right now (i guess the build number wont matter anymore?)
and no root. should i just follow the OP instructions or what?

Reactions: phoxda

armstrom

Mar 30, 2006
Cannot mount SD card in clockwork mod?

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried a different microsd card and it worked fine. False alarm... Move along... nothing to see here :)

I used the NVFlash utility to flash Prime 1.4 without a hitch but now that I'm trying to deploy the overclock kernel clockwork mod is not playing nice. I get an error E: Can't mount /sdcard when trying to choose a zip file. My understanding is that /sdcard is not the microsd anyway. How do I resolve this? I already tried reformatting the microsd card on my pc but that didn't solve the issue.

Thanks!
-Matt

Last edited:

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Also check the CWM installed. If it's the old one it erases your sd card and internal card on data wipes. You don't want that.

jhanford

Mar 12, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
I thought /Removable/sdcard/ was the sdcard.

It's /Removable/MicroSD

But I think the key thing here is that /sdcard is whatever the booting process mounts as /sdcard. This is why CWM has no problem listing the zip files for ROMs, etc. as being from the sdcard. It has accessed it through the actual block device which doesn't change. The whole internal sdcard that we see is some trickery that allows us to have access to all the space on our internal memory, but CWM doesn't know or care about that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

UPDATE 15-06-2011:Bumble-Bee (Apache14) is just as much to thank for this as me! Both of us (from AndroidRoot.Mobi) have worked hard on making this happen! Thanks to Roach for providing the nvflash-ready Prime 1.4 ROM!

UPDATE: The Prime 1.4 linked is European (WW) build! Roach will release 1.5 soon probably and there'll be both WW and US available. I'm planning to write a quick guide on how to root when running stock 3.1 already (it's pretty easy!)! E.g. to stay on full stock and *just* have root :)

Windows nvflash
    Linux nvflash

4. ???
    5. Profit
    HOWEVER the Prime_v.1.7 is just a ZIP file and I have no idea how to install it

Perhaps you'd like to try reading things.

The main problem that I have is that I ask questions and people start insulting me

This is not your main problem. Your main problem is that you're an utter berk. I've spent thirty seconds in this thread and sniffed out your complete and total lack of thought from over in the SGS2 forum. Tell me, does shining a torch in your ears make your eyes twinkle?

That goes against the whole spirit of XDA Forums

Spirit? What spirit? That these forums are here to hold your hand through the most basic of tasks? I do apologise, we all stand corrected! Please enlighten us, good sir, of your home address so that we all may come to your home, wait on you hand and foot, wipe your arse for you with sheets of pure gossamer hand woven by us from the freshest of silk worms. Of course, being at your beck and call we will indeed endeavour to install all the nasty widdle difficult things onto your tablet for you.

Said the guy who can't figure out a zip file, an archiving technology that's been in use since the 80s.

I do learn fast though, so in one week or less I hope I can understand my device 100%, the only thing that I want now is Gingerbread 3.2, that's all I'm looking for and I'll leave you guys alone :)

I beg to differ. Goldfish with Alzheimers learn faster than you. Why are you even attempting to **** about with your tablet when you don't even know the proper name for the Android version that's on it? It's Honeycomb genius, not Gingerbread. Gingerbread is for phones. Shall we expect a post from you later asking why when you hold your giant Transformer phone to your head much like this fellow* you can't hear anyone on the other end? If you can't find your way around a zip file, much less find your own arse with both hands, a map, a GPS and an ancient oracle guide, what makes you think you should be inevitably bricking your device?

dom-joly-phone.jpg

How about you just skip to the end of your torrid keyboard regurgitation and carry out the only thing you said that matters one jot: Leaving us all alone. Begone, get out, you shouldn't be on a tablet, people as far advanced in the evolutionary stakes as you should still be scratching drawings onto cave walls.
    rapidshare.com/files/1458191659/nvflash.zip

Just root will not wipe anything?

Yes. Once it's ready, it will be just root, no wiping :)
    It will consist of flashing rooted boot.img, CWM and then and update.zip separately to install su and Superuser.apk.