[DEV][WIP][RECOVERY][TWRP 2.7] TWRP Touch Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S Duos[ALPHA 1]

Search This thread

v_superuser

Jan 3, 2013
Jammu
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
-Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
-Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
-Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
-Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
-A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
-Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
-Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
-Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
-Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
-Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
-Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
-Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
-Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

DOWNLOAD:
Latest Release

INSTALLATION
Power off your Galaxy S Duos
Get into Download mode by pressing Volume (-) + Home + Power Keys followed by Volume (+) to Confirm.
Step:1 - Press "PDA" button and choose the filerecovery.tar.md5 !
Step:2 - Press "Start" button under Execution.

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Credits-
@coolamit for testing. :)

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP - kylexx, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
v_superuser

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-21

Created 2014-04-21
Last Updated 2014-08-18

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
Man this recovery almost screw up my phone. for no reason from a certain point the restored backups doesn't boot anymore, stuck at Samsung logo, tried making other backups, reflash twrp, first cwm then twrp but nothing.
The only one working was AN old backup of a week ago, restored that.
I can't use this if it isn't 100% reliable sorry

v_superuser

Jan 3, 2013
Jammu
Man this recovery almost screw up my phone. for no reason from a certain point the restored backups doesn't boot anymore, stuck at Samsung logo, tried making other backups, reflash twrp, first cwm then twrp but nothing.

What else do you expect from an Alpha build? :/

Reactions: holymoz

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013
Does anyone know if it also works on ace 2x?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mithun mpk

Oct 14, 2014
Thrissur
Need help for s duos

do you have still s duos and could you please tell how to fix the animation problem in cm11 4.4.4 for s duos( in your cm11 there is no such problem)

uranio-235

Feb 23, 2016
Havana
I just installed sucefully, but when boot in recovery mode, just hang up.... therefore, the phone boot normally... well, I also lost the root

hcp006sl

Jul 4, 2016
Kolkata
Not booting in TWRP. Getting restarted every time I am trying to boot with VolUP+Power+Home. If I hold the keys it keeps rebooting, and if I release it boots to system.
If I execute the command from terminal
Code:
adb reboot recovery
it boots into Samsung stock recovery.
Also showing a yellow symbol (!) while booting.
Should I flash it to stock recovery image?
Or is there any other way out to update the recovery to TWRP?

hcp006sl

Jul 4, 2016
Kolkata
Solved

Thanks to KlinkOnE and m4jonez.
First I installed (ROOT) Rashr - Flash Tool from Play Store as suggested in the post.
Then downloaded Recovery - TWRP 2.8.0.1 and Recovery - TWRP 3.0.2 as mentioned here .
Placed both of the .zip files in the internal memory.
Now I open Rashr and flashed the recovery selecting the .zip file of TWRP 2.8.0.1 (My phone is rooted, so Rashr was able to flash it). Then rebooted to TWRP. But, failed. Removed the battery and insert it again. Now with Vol + Home + Power key, booted the phone in TWRP. From TWRP installed the TWRP 3.0.2. Rebooted to TWRP. It works fine now.

digitzonline

Feb 9, 2017
Thanks to KlinkOnE and m4jonez.
First I installed (ROOT) Rashr - Flash Tool from Play Store as suggested in the post.
Then downloaded Recovery - TWRP 2.8.0.1 and Recovery - TWRP 3.0.2 as mentioned here .
Placed both of the .zip files in the internal memory.
Now I open Rashr and flashed the recovery selecting the .zip file of TWRP 2.8.0.1 (My phone is rooted, so Rashr was able to flash it). Then rebooted to TWRP. But, failed. Removed the battery and insert it again. Now with Vol + Home + Power key, booted the phone in TWRP. From TWRP installed the TWRP 3.0.2. Rebooted to TWRP. It works fine now.

pls help i'm new to the whole rom flashing thing. i tried what you wrote but the Rashr dosnt seem to find the TWRP both in my phone and external memory. i tried it on both core prime (SM-G360H) and (GT-I9060). i rooted both with kingroot via pc. thanks in advance for your assistance.

hcp006sl

Jul 4, 2016
Kolkata
pls help i'm new to the whole rom flashing thing. i tried what you wrote but the Rashr dosnt seem to find the TWRP both in my phone and external memory. i tried it on both core prime (SM-G360H) and (GT-I9060). i rooted both with kingroot via pc. thanks in advance for your assistance.
I don't think this TWRP is for those two models - Core Prime and Grand Neo. Please download TWRP for your phone.
For GT-I9060 follow the thread [RECOVERY][GT-I9060] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [UNOFFICIAL] and you can download the TWRP recovery for I9060 from here -Mod edit link removed ppc
For SM-360H follow the thread [Recovery] Official TWRP SM-G360H.
Please don't use king root for rooting. If you have used, replace it with SuperSU. Super-Sume Pro is the app that replaces KingRoot by SuperSu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

DOWNLOAD:
    Latest Release

INSTALLATION
    Power off your Galaxy S Duos
    Get into Download mode by pressing Volume (-) + Home + Power Keys followed by Volume (+) to Confirm.
    Step:1 - Press "PDA" button and choose the filerecovery.tar.md5 !
    Step:2 - Press "Start" button under Execution.

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Credits-
    @coolamit for testing. :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP - kylexx, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    v_superuser

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-21

Created 2014-04-21
    Last Updated 2014-08-18
    Note - There might be some things broken, you need to keep calm.
    Also, you need to install with the update package from codename13. (Thanks to @coolamit )

What else do you expect from an Alpha build? :/