[Q] Unroot HTC One (M8) complications

Search This thread

bizzy4lif3

Aug 27, 2014
Hey guys, I really need some assistance. I had rooted my phone a couple weeks back and now it runs the latest TWRP. Currently I have a System Update for my phone, but everytime I try to update it brings me to the TWRP Recovery menu and I dont know what to do from there. I had attempted to unroot my phone as well and that has also failed. If there is someone who can help me out with this problem, I'd be extremely grateful.

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
Hey guys, I really need some assistance. I had rooted my phone a couple weeks back and now it runs the latest TWRP. Currently I have a System Update for my phone, but everytime I try to update it brings me to the TWRP Recovery menu and I dont know what to do from there. I had attempted to unroot my phone as well and that has also failed. If there is someone who can help me out with this problem, I'd be extremely grateful.

probably easiest to flash the RUU for t-mobile. you can get it from http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads. You will have to relock the bootloader first from what i have heard unless you are s-off. relocking the bootloader is fastboot oem lock

vibrantliker

I'm in the same boat. Can you even do the update through TWRP?

I'm also not sure I even rooted this properly (new to HTC) for the reason of whenever I plug in the charger when the phone is powered off, I get this orange type of text warning then it flickers to the TWRP screen before finally displaying the charging animation.

Last edited: