LG Tone HBS-700 Bluetooth review

Search This thread

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Okay guys I recently ordered these on Amazon since I was in need of Bluetooth headphones. It has 4.5/5 stars on Amazon and for only $50, it wouldn't hurt to try them. Starting off, I really liked the packaging. It was love at first sight
a6f833c0-9aba-cc22.jpg

When taken out, these headphones look really really good.

a6f833c0-9c28-ae52.jpg

These has a unique design. They headphones are attached to the band that stays around your neck. Just pull them out the socket and put them in your ear. When you're done, put them back in the socket, which connects with a magnet that's on the back part of the ear buds.

a6f833c0-9d2d-a61e.jpg

They have controls that work well with the phone. They have Play/Pause, Volume Up/Down, Next/Previous and a phone button

a6f833c0-9d4f-185e.jpg

a6f833c0-9d6b-49a0.jpg

The headset itself has its own volumes. You can set the volume for the headset and if its not loud enough or too loud, you can also make it louder or less louder with the volume button on the phones. There is also a bass booster feature that enables when you hold down Volume up and down at the same time and it sounds good for Bluetooth headphones. The only control that doesn't seem to work right is the fast forward/rewind button. It says to hold down the next/previous button to do this. The headphones itself makes the noise that makes it seem like its doing it but the song continues at normal speed. Not a deal breaker. I tried this with Google Music so it might be different with other players. It has a built in mic and I only made one call and the person said they heard me loud and clear. The headset will have its own notification to let you know about the call and the neck band actually vibrates which I think is cool

It comes with an app that reads the message but let me save another long block of text by simply saying: ICS=No Worky.

Another thing is when you have it on, the phone button works like voice commands. I have Vlingo on my phone and it only seems to work right with the In Car feature of Vlingo as everything with that is done by voice but I'm sure that's yet another battery hog.

Also when you pick it up, it feels very light and like it dangles so at first it felt like it could break easily but I'm sure its durable. The ear buds are also sweat proof and water resistant (Im sure read this in the description)

a6f8356f-a013-cf4b.jpg

Okay sorry for the long review but I just wanted to get this out there for any one in search of a good Bluetooth set. I know us GNex users suffer battery issues but if you don't mind that or you have great battery life, I HIGHLY recommend these. These are some great Bluetooth ear buds and for $50 with how great it works and looks, you really can't go wrong. Hope this helped someone out there :)

a6f8356f-a029-0c66.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0052YFYFK/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1327344010&sr=8-2

Last edited:

tehdoughnut

Jun 15, 2010
I got the exact same ones about 2-3 weeks ago from newegg for $40. Awesome headset for the price. I've been using them almost everyday at work.

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Yea these are awesome. I didn't think they were gonna be this awesome and I was about to buy a pair of beats by Dre wireless but idk if I will now lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
I just returned the ibeats earbuds to best buy last week. Those were by far the worst headphones I have ever owned.

Coolkriss

Jan 4, 2012
Hyderabad
I searched the entire market and this is the model that struck me.
Now that you have owned this piece for about 4 months, can you tell us the pros and cons in real usage ??
I am mainly looking at Multipoint connectivity an iPOD and my Galaxy Note at the same time. Is that possible with this model ??

urinsane

Feb 28, 2006
Maui
I've had these since at least November. I use them almost every single day at work. I use them while jogging, working out, shopping... basically everywhere.

I bought my sister and her boyfriend each a set for Christmas.

I've said it a few times but these are literally my favorite tech purchase of the year. For wireless they sound excellent. I don't expect audiophile quality out of any wireless equipment, but these did surprise me for the price. The design is superb. I love being able to have one ear bud in at work listening to podcasts while the other bud is safely stored away. The battery will likely outlast your nexus and as long as you plug it in each night you shouldn't have any issues there.

I've had mine for 6 months and they don't seem any worse for the wear. I try to wipe them down after jogging / working out, but other than that they don't get any special treatment.

5/5.

Reactions: Coolkriss

thaibruin

Feb 9, 2008
Marina del Rey, CA
I absolutely love these headphones. They sound great, the battery lasts for quite a few hours, and it works perfectly for calls as well. This is especially great when I travel for work. Because the headset is stereo and goes in both ears, I have no problems tuning airport noises out while on any call.

backslashV

Aug 24, 2009
Compatibility with Windows Phone 7?

Anyone confirmed the LG tone working with Windows Phone?

Headroom

Nov 16, 2008
I bought a pair a month ago. I got then on ebay for $35 & I really love them. I had the motorola's SD-9, those were uncomfortable, sounded weak & the controls stopped responding a couple of month after I bought them. These are very comfy. They sound great with good sound level. I use them with my iPod & HTC OneX. I listen to my audiobooks in the iPod and when I get a call it just pauses the iPod, I do my call and then the iPod resumes. The batery life is awesome, I listen to my iPod all day long without having to stop to recharge. The calls sound loud & clear, the caller hears me clearly without having to raise my voice. These are great!

Reactions: dschoenike

stupdude2

Feb 13, 2007
Some Cons

I purchased the HBS-730 and all of the positive reviews are correct. I would like to share two real-world-use concerns.

1) The ear buds have a hole opposite the speaker. I can tell that they enhance the sound quality because when I cover them with my finger, the audio degrades. When I'm running this hole creates a noticeable wooshing sound.

2) These are designed to rest comfortably around your neck. When running, they bounce up and down and bonk against my collar bones. I have attempted to put the front parts under my shirt, but that hasn't worked very well. I may try clipping them to my shirt to keep them from bouncing up.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Reactions: ubigred

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Beats By Dre has WAY too much bass...

Well from what I've read the wireless ones has lesser bass than the actual corded ones. I might still get them but with these, I'm almost positive I've found my perfect Bluetooth headphones
    I've had these since at least November. I use them almost every single day at work. I use them while jogging, working out, shopping... basically everywhere.

I bought my sister and her boyfriend each a set for Christmas.

I've said it a few times but these are literally my favorite tech purchase of the year. For wireless they sound excellent. I don't expect audiophile quality out of any wireless equipment, but these did surprise me for the price. The design is superb. I love being able to have one ear bud in at work listening to podcasts while the other bud is safely stored away. The battery will likely outlast your nexus and as long as you plug it in each night you shouldn't have any issues there.

I've had mine for 6 months and they don't seem any worse for the wear. I try to wipe them down after jogging / working out, but other than that they don't get any special treatment.

5/5.
    I bought a pair a month ago. I got then on ebay for $35 & I really love them. I had the motorola's SD-9, those were uncomfortable, sounded weak & the controls stopped responding a couple of month after I bought them. These are very comfy. They sound great with good sound level. I use them with my iPod & HTC OneX. I listen to my audiobooks in the iPod and when I get a call it just pauses the iPod, I do my call and then the iPod resumes. The batery life is awesome, I listen to my iPod all day long without having to stop to recharge. The calls sound loud & clear, the caller hears me clearly without having to raise my voice. These are great!
    Bought the updated version of these bluetooth headphones (HBS-730) and they are fantastic.
    Some Cons

I purchased the HBS-730 and all of the positive reviews are correct. I would like to share two real-world-use concerns.

1) The ear buds have a hole opposite the speaker. I can tell that they enhance the sound quality because when I cover them with my finger, the audio degrades. When I'm running this hole creates a noticeable wooshing sound.

2) These are designed to rest comfortably around your neck. When running, they bounce up and down and bonk against my collar bones. I have attempted to put the front parts under my shirt, but that hasn't worked very well. I may try clipping them to my shirt to keep them from bouncing up.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?