[Solved] Disabling bootanimation CM7.1-stable

Search This thread

Myth010

Nov 22, 2011
Hi,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to manually disable bootanimation on start to decrease boot time. I know there's no option in CyanogenMod settings, but if I delete the bootanimation file, will that work or will it just mess stuff up? Also where is it located?

I'm using the stable release of CyanogenMod 7.1.0

Last edited:

Myth010

Nov 22, 2011
I see, thanks for the reply. But do you know if removing the file completely will mess the device up? And where the location of said file is?

File is in /system/media/bootanimation.zip but there are other considerations I'm not sure may cause problems. There's a file I think in /system/lib labeled bootanimation, recommend nandroid backup and then(easiest if you have root explorer) browsing the root files, namely /system directories and delete anything referencing /bootanimation or /bootanimation.zip unless you update to latest nightly where its an option, unless its just integrated to the ILWT I'm running

Reactions: Myth010

NUNsLAUGHTER92

Dec 26, 2010
File is in /system/media/bootanimation.zip but there are other considerations I'm not sure may cause problems. There's a file I think in /system/lib labeled bootanimation, recommend nandroid backup and then(easiest if you have root explorer) browsing the root files, namely /system directories and delete anything referencing /bootanimation or /bootanimation.zip unless you update to latest nightly where its an option, unless its just integrated to the ILWT I'm running

It's absolutely fine to remove it. Your bootup will be black but don't worry.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Myth010

Nov 22, 2011

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Yeah, my old phone had a nightly that had an option to remove the bootanimation, which is why I asked in the first place :)

Anyway thanks for all the replies. I deleted the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file and also /system/bin/bootanimation file (took backups of course :) ) and glad to say to say it worked! Booting into homescreen in.. 5-10 seconds :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its already merged in source but there's no nightly for it

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk
    If you still need help and my last post isn't as helpful to you as you need, pm me or email jaypeestar@live.com; if you're having issues I can try this method myself(as I do have root explorer) and see if I can make it work, though my phones fairly stable atm and id rather not unless you need the help. Always glad to help somebody else trying to learn as I am.