Feb 17, 2012

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo

napnau

Feb 10, 2012
Pampanga
I'm glad you're back. I have been following you works since August last year. I never thought I could do so much on my phone. I hope you could get another one (XT720) for further development. Thank you and more power.

napnau

Feb 10, 2012
Pampanga
This is a CM9 based Music Player. Delete the old one and replace with this. Nice look.

Attachments

• GoogleMusicTheme.apk
    118 KB · Views: 17

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Go to android/default.xml at ics branch.
It's all there.

Hi, fjfalcon,

I've forked all github Repositories (total:190,find two duplicated:android_external_bootmenu and android_packages_apps_Usb) inside of android/default.xml at ics branch.

And all aosp project(total:62) can't be forked.

Pls have a look at https://github.com/telnet777 (I've start a test Repository, total:191).

Am I do fork right? Thank you very much!

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Hi, fjfalcon,

I've forked all github Repositories (total:190,find two duplicated:android_external_bootmenu and android_packages_apps_Usb) inside of android/default.xml at ics branch.

And all aosp project(total:62) can't be forked.

Pls have a look at https://github.com/telnet777 (I've start a test Repository, total:191).

Am I do fork right? Thank you very much!

No, this is wrong. Generally, you only want to make a fork when you absolutely have to (because you need to make changes). Otherwise, you have to keep each one of your forks in sync upstream--which is a lot of work. So, one of your goals should be to minimize the number of forks to the bare minimum.

If you look in CyanogenModXT720/android at the default.xml on the various branches you will see only a few repositories that are actually maintained by the "CyanogenModXT720" organization.

You may also find this helpful: http://motomagic.org/docs/local_manifest.xml (esp. Scenario 1&2 in the examples section)

Last edited:

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
No, this is wrong. Generally, you only want to make a fork when you absolutely have to (because you need to make changes). Otherwise, you have to keep each one of your forks in sync upstream--which is a lot of work. So, one of your goals should be to minimize the number of forks to the bare minimum.

If you look in CyanogenModXT720/android at the default.xml on the various branches you will see only a few repositories that are actually maintained by the "CyanogenModXT720" organization.

You may also find this helpful: http://motomagic.org/docs/local_manifest.xml (esp. Scenario 1&2 in the examples section)

Hi,Mioze7Ae,

You are really a warm-hearted developer!

Your reply is very helpful. I want to use a chinese idiom '茅塞顿开' to describe how it helped me, which means to come to a understanding all of a sudden!

I've forked CyanogenModXT720/android and changed default.xml at ics branch.
Am I right now?

Code:
271     -  <project path="android" name="CyanogenModXT720/android" /> 
   271  +  <project path="android" name="telnet777/android" />

If I want to make a build for XT711, then I need to fork CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest, make changes to default.xml(change CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest to telnet/android_device_motorola_sholest), and work on it.

Am I right?

But if CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest has been deleted. What will happen to telnet777/android_device_motorola_sholest?

And how to upstream CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest to make telnet777/android_device_motorola_sholest up-to-date?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
I've found upstream at http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/

$ git fetch upstream(Pulls in changes not present in your local repository, without modifying your files)

Last edited:

fjfalcon

Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
Hi,Mioze7Ae,

If I want to make a build for XT711, then I need to fork CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest, make changes to default.xml(change CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest to telnet/android_device_motorola_sholest), and work on it.

Am I right?

But if CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest has been deleted. What will happen to telnet777/android_device_motorola_sholest?

And how to upstream CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest to make telnet777/android_device_motorola_sholest up-to-date?

Code:
git remote add xt720 git@github.com:CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest.git -b ics
git fetch xt720
git merge xt720/ics

Reactions: telnet777

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Code:
git remote add xt720 git@github.com:CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest.git -b ics
git fetch xt720
git merge xt720/ics

Thank you for your instructions!

Does "-b ics" is needed in the first command? Because I meet an error "error: unknown switch `b' ", so I repalce "-b ics" with "-m ics" and execute it successfully.

So, which one is right? with "-m ics" or not? The first command can execute successfully without "-m ics".

Last edited:

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
Thank you, fjfalcon!
And I've tested the camera. It can take a clear picture after the zoom line appears on the screen. Then press the blue button to take picture.The flashlight and red light all works. But sometimes(about 50%,I haven't tested much) it exited without anything appears on the screen(back to home) after the picture appears on the screen. And the pic is not saved in this kind of situation.

I will upload logcat(if I can get one) when using pc.

Sent from my Milestone XT711 using XDA

----------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

I've got the logcat. And I test the camera more times.

When the camera exits, there are errors below in logcat:
Code:
E/Sensors ( 1762): Couldn't open /dev/kxtf9 (No such file or directory)
E/Sensors ( 1762): KXTF9_IOCTL_SET_ENABLE failed (Bad file number)
E/SensorService( 1762): Error activating sensor 0 (Bad file number)

Mioze7Ae had said that, the Motoroi XT720 and Milestone A853 both use the LIS331DLH chip, but Milestone XT720 uses the KXTF9.

And Milestone XT711 also use LIS331DLH.

So maybe this problem is only on my XT711.

But I've a question to ask.
These commands appears in fjfalcon's rom's \system\etc\rootfs\init.mapphone_umts.rc
Code:
 chown compass compass /dev/lis331dlh
 chmod 660 /dev/lis331dlh

So there is no command to correct the compass in my bootfix. And my XT711 works well on fjfalcon's rom.

Why?

Motoroi XT720 uses KXTF9 and Milestone XT720 uses LIS331DLH?

I'm so confused about this!:confused:

Attachments

• camera3.txt
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Mioze7Ae

napnau

Feb 10, 2012
Pampanga
I have a problem on battery life. It drains fast. It lasts only to 12-18 hours on minimal usage. Any tip, trick, or recommendation that works on this issue?

telnet777

Feb 17, 2012
I have a problem on battery life. It drains fast. It lasts only to 12-18 hours on minimal usage. Any tip, trick, or recommendation that works on this issue?

I have similiar problem. The battery drop fast. But it can work at 5% for a long time. If reboot the phone, the battery will be 70% or 40%~50%. So I think maybe the battery capacity management can be improved.

Sent from my Milestone XT711 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[
    Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.